• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goodness! Caught in a jam starting from near taman sentosa to causeway from 5-9pm ! No accident, nothing.
Dun tell me it's quite the norm. Scary.

I was at the 2nd link at around 7pm - traffic was quite okay. We, usually, we try to avoid Causeway during those "peak" times. Incidentally, the Petronas near the Toll gate at Gelang Patah, heading in towards SG, do not have Touch & Go top up facilities anymore. The Esso station nearby sells and provide top up services. Anyone know if the Shell station provide such Touch n Go services? For those who dont wish to top up their Touch n Go card at the petrol station, u can do it at the left most toll gate (Bus lane?); again, towards the direction of SG.

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I normally would not recommend subsale but it does have some merits though i would still say, developer is the best.

Yeah, for those who want "trouble free" transaction, I recommend buying from developer. For those taking the sub-sale path, u must be prepared to go into JB a few times until u find ur ideal house. On top of that, u truly need to have a very reliable and trustworthy agent to help u and be working with u on this. We found out that owners can easily renege on their decision to sell u. Some, as rightly mentioned by Bro Abugumgum, put up their property for sale to "fish" and see if they can sell higher without any intention to sell in the first place.

If u can put up with these negative demeanour, then u r fine. For those buying from sub-sale, all the best - there may be a gem waiting out there for u to discover. Dont be disheartened :smile:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau!

I don't remember there is any red light to beat while at the CIQ.

Is he referring to the the red/green light at each custom officer's booth?

No. We were stopped just 20-30m before entering the Malaysia custom. He actually asked my hubby to go back into the car and asked for money after he was sat at the driver's seat. I guess this way it won't be so obvious when we give the money?

We refused to give them money because we felt that if everyone does so, they will think that all Singaporeans are easy to bully. If only everyone do this, I bet they would have wake up! Saddly speaking, people go for the easy way out by giving them bribes. Thats what feeds their appetite!

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imperia-Sales Chart on 20-11-11.

Attachments

• Imperia-Sales Chart.JPG
    Imperia-Sales Chart.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 224

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always believe there are "pockets of opportunities" in the subsale or resale market for the mere fact you can bargain with owner but harder with developer. My Nusa Idaman landlord sold his phase 2A (earliest phase) corner terrace (1895 sft built up, abt 2700 sft land) for RM300k which i thought was ridiculously low.. but according to him that is the pricing in the resale market.

Hence for those buying to stay and not exactly thinking very hard about investment returns, resale market is ok.

I have a notion that resale market is doing its catchup. Cos when people find that new houses has become more and more out of reach with each phase more expensive then the previous, the resale market which are often more affordable, and more worth the money, I bet buyers will eventually get used to the idea of buying resale instead. And it has started to look this way. So it is not surprising that sellers default on selling when they see other sellers fetching a higher sales price. It is the buyer who should know their right.

Years ago, one of my cousin put a deposit for a hdb flat in an open market, then property market was very hot with increases in sales price in every transaction. And offcourse the seller gotten greedy and wanted to default but my cousin was not someone to mess with. In the end seller returned her deposits and gave S$30k as compensation. I hope this example gives inspiration to helps the buyer. :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Today' newspaper reported on the 3rd link between Singapore and Malaysia. Might be a 1km undersea tunnel via Punggol area, which is slightly shorter than the 1.056km Causeway.

Really? Wow! Has it bee confirmed yet? When will the starting and finishing date be? Thats good news to all of us here! Like! :smile:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is still very speculative and long-term but may help with the congestion:

http://www.todayonline.com/World/ED...-Baru-undersea-tunnel-being-studied--Malaysia
Thanks for the link.
Based on past reports, the 3rd link being studied would be between somewhere at changi ferry to near desaru.
This would not really help existing causeway traffic as the no. Of cars going desaru is not significant.
But if they built from Punggol to somewhere in Pasir Gudang, then it would really help.
Hope they can realize this.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
either of the two leftmost lanes can do, so long as there is staff on duty. Same for going to MY. In the past it was petrol station, then a coffee shop at the R&R, but all gave up and seems the toll operator is running its own show.
I was at the 2nd link at around 7pm - traffic was quite okay. We, usually, we try to avoid Causeway during those "peak" times. Incidentally, the Petronas near the Toll gate at Gelang Patah, heading in towards SG, do not have Touch & Go top up facilities anymore. The Esso station nearby sells and provide top up services. Anyone know if the Shell station provide such Touch n Go services? For those who dont wish to top up their Touch n Go card at the petrol station, u can do it at the left most toll gate (Bus lane?); again, towards the direction of SG.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really? Wow! Has it bee confirmed yet? When will the starting and finishing date be? Thats good news to all of us here! Like! :smile:
As reported, a feasibility study is being conducted on constructing a 1km undersea link, which is slightly shorter than the Causeway. The Star also cited Ismail as saying that a detailed engineering study on the tunnel would be conducted by consultants appointed by both governments.

He said both Singapore and Malaysia had yet to determine the cost of the tunnel, which would not be parallel to the Causeway.

Thanks for the link.
Based on past reports, the 3rd link being studied would be between somewhere at changi ferry to near desaru.
This would not really help existing causeway traffic as the no. Of cars going desaru is not significant.
But if they built from Punggol to somewhere in Pasir Gudang, then it would really help.
Hope they can realize this.

From Google Map, a 1km link is only possible via Punggol area, more specifically Pulau Punggol Barat(maybe that's the reason why they opened the new road 'Seletar West Link' recently, which leads directly into Pulau Punggol Barat, see Google Map)

Not quite possible for them to construct the 3rd link from Changi to Tanjung Pengelih as the distance apart is about 6km. Take note that 2nd link is only 1.9km while Causeway is 1.056km.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
We refused to give them money because we felt that if everyone does so, they will think that all Singaporeans are easy to bully. If only everyone do this, I bet they would have wake up! Saddly speaking, people go for the easy way out by giving them bribes. Thats what feeds their appetite!

I m with u on this. I too dont play to their greed or deceit. We were stopped a few times, travelling along NSH, and we also refused to pay up - provided u didnt offend or break their laws. In the end they let us go without doing anything. We must stop this practice of bribing them, otherwise they learn that Singaporeanse make easy prey. But I guessed this may be easier said than done; especially if one was guilty :p

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
either of the two leftmost lanes can do, so long as there is staff on duty. Same for going to MY. In the past it was petrol station, then a coffee shop at the R&R, but all gave up and seems the toll operator is running its own show.

Thanks for the added info.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m with u on this. I too dont play to their greed or deceit. We were stopped a few times, travelling along NSH, and we also refused to pay up - provided u didnt offend or break their laws. In the end they let us go without doing anything. We must stop this practice of bribing them, otherwise they learn that Singaporeanse make easy prey. But I guessed this may be easier said than done; especially if one was guilty :p

sometimes after giving kopi money, they still issue summon. I guess just have to pay the summon and take it as a tax to their government.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My friend served his full-time NS in Singapore Police Force and he still has his NS Police IC with him today(34 years old).
Whenever he was stopped by police in Malaysia, he'll show them his Police IC instead of his normal IC, and they(Malaysian Police) never dare to ask for money from him :biggrin:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
As reported, a feasibility study is being conducted on constructing a 1km undersea link, which is slightly shorter than the Causeway. The Star also cited Ismail as saying that a detailed engineering study on the tunnel would be conducted by consultants appointed by both governments.

He said both Singapore and Malaysia had yet to determine the cost of the tunnel, which would not be parallel to the Causeway.

From Google Map, a 1km link is only possible via Punggol area, more specifically Pulau Punggol Barat(maybe that's the reason why they opened the new road 'Seletar West Link' recently, which leads directly into Pulau Punggol Barat, see Google Map)

Not quite possible for them to construct the 3rd link from Changi to Tanjung Pengelih as the distance apart is about 6km. Take note that 2nd link is only 1.9km while Causeway is 1.056km.

yep bro. my money has always been on this part of the map. having the 3rd link here will ensure a constant supply of raw materials/parts and workers to Seletar aerospace park. it will be win-win for both...one can only imagine the kind of synergy that can be created if there is a link between Pasir Gudang and aerospace park...wow.

if the link materialises, permas jaya will be the next hot potato.

changi has never been my bet cos not only is it long, it will also bypass some of the senstive military areas of tekong..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yep bro. my money has always been on this part of the map. having the 3rd link here will ensure a constant supply of raw materials/parts and workers to Seletar aerospace park. it will be win-win for both...one can only imagine the kind of synergy that can be created if there is a link between Pasir Gudang and aerospace park...wow.

if the link materialises, permas jaya will be the next hot potato.

changi has never been my bet cos not only is it long, it will also bypass some of the senstive military areas of tekong..

Yeh Yonglip, now we know the reason why the Japanese were previously reported to be buying land in Pasir Gudang and building bungalows for their high net worth Japanese investors. Their previous project was quite a hit among their Japanese customers, so successful that they bought more land to build more residential properties in the same area.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend served his full-time NS in Singapore Police Force and he still has his NS Police IC with him today(34 years old).
Whenever he was stopped by police in Malaysia, he'll show them his Police IC instead of his normal IC, and they(Malaysian Police) never dare to ask for money from him :biggrin:

Wow! What a good idea man. I wish I have one. Save me some money! Hehe!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
today rm rate is 243.30 , haiz , why is it so low when I wan to change big amounts for downpayment.....

btw , for remittance rate , some bros mentioned abt raffles @ clifford centre , the rate is 2.439 , if remit less than RM50k , there will be $10 service charge , if not its waived.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! What a good idea man. I wish I have one. Save me some money! Hehe!

Cathy
Perhaps u just try e secret way to jb custom and avoid the traffic jams ...its a bit longer way but it has less cars n dun have police.
So far not many ppl know , did u realise when u drive into msia custom , on the most left lane has cars coming down ?
I always use that route to avoid those greedy ppl to extort money !

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy
Perhaps u just try e secret way to jb custom and avoid the traffic jams ...its a bit longer way but it has less cars n dun have police.
So far not many ppl know , did u realise when u drive into msia custom , on the most left lane has cars coming down ?
I always use that route to avoid those greedy ppl to extort money !

Its happened to me just after the turn and before entering the customs. Thats what irks me.... They are so gangho. Even dare to do it so near to the custom...No respect for their own law!

Status
Not open for further replies.