• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The curious case of the 32 Amos police reports

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The following questions crossed my mind after reading the judgement by the court which judged Amos to be guilty and from the various newspaper reports on the case:

a) It seems that the defence had access to only 2 of the 32 (thirty-two!) police reports which were made against Amos. How is it possible for the defence to have a creditable case without being enlightened what was being complained against Amos?

As a sub-set to the above question, does the number of police reports on a particular person/matter have an impact on whether the case is to be proceeded with? Generally speaking, why would anyone want to make yet another police report after it was reported initially that 19 police reports had already been filed? Or is it as a matter of making political points, as indicated by former AG Walter Woon in ST report last Saturday?

b) What does the law say about people who make police reports against someone in terms of their vested/business interest? Do they need to provide proof that they had suffered as a result of the actions of another party?

c) Does the law pertaining to police reports allow “anonymous” (as in the aggrieved party) does not have to be available to provide evidence in court if the defence so requires? In other words, can I make a police report against my neighbour but I don’t have to support my case if my neighbour feels aggrieved and that the accusation is a false charge?

d) Are each of the police reports evaluated on their validity before they are tendered as evidence or provided to the judge?

e) Who decides what is to be tendered as evidence? From press reports, it seems that the prosecutor tried to prevent a part of Amos’ statement from being tendered in court. Following a short tussle with the defence lawyer, the judge allowed it.

LAYMAN

* Submitted by TRE reader.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/05/16/the-curious-case-of-the-32-amos-police-reports/

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever happened to the police report made by Lionel de Souza?

He should be upset and push for Amos to be put on trial again.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
under Sec 27 and 28 Defamation Act 1974, if police decide NOT to proceed with the complaint statement made by the plaintiff the police investigation depart has checked the complaint for one of these frivolous, vexatious, vendetta or vindictive.

The defendant can proceed to take legal action to sue the complainant for libel or defamation or go back to police for criminal defamation case.

Give it a try on this old dog Lionel de Souza to give him a taste of his own medicine. It should work on him well this old dog will pee on his pant.

Whatever happened to the police report made by Lionel de Souza?

He should be upset and push for Amos to be put on trial again.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wondering what's happening to the Jason "I will stuff Amos' penis in his own mouth" fame.
No sound, nothing.