• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Accidental encounters with ISD agents

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
that just made me laugh.. :biggrin: aiyoh cover the face, fire the base loh, all in the line of duty, serve cuntry mah, maybe even get service medal while the poor agent is lying in mental hospital recovering.. as they say, u live by the sword, u die by the sword. anyone remember back in the 80s got one saf recuitment slogan something about.. the pen is mightier than the sword, they were trying to enlist graduates but a lot of people read it as a penis mightier than the sword:biggrin:

if sinkie's ISD agents are like James Bond, would they sleep with Teo Soh Lung?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah.. I'm sure they all jumped into the long kang for Yap to see and photograph :biggrin:

I am more inclined to believe those who jumped into longkang were members of UY Fan Club. Our surveillance chaps, while not world class, can't be that bad to get spotted by UY.

Btw, UY very quiet nowadays.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am more inclined to believe those who jumped into longkang were members of UY Fan Club. Our surveillance chaps, while not world class, can't be that bad to get spotted by UY.

there's a UY fan club? Where to sign up?? I am his biggest fan!!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe all those following UY is outsource to private investigators?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yo! anyway i heard field surveillance of cpib and isd is out source to private to private investigators nowadays. for isd is surveillance of check points and i think for cpib is surveillance of subjects.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yo! anyway i heard field surveillance of cpib and isd is out source to private to private investigators nowadays. for isd is surveillance of check points and i think for cpib is surveillance of subjects.

No chance of that happening, bro. Let me explain. Not too long ago, a MIW was caught with his pants down when his spouse engaged PIs to trail him. Resulting from that incident, SIRD now demands all surveillance subjetcs to be screened by them before PI agencies start their surveillance.

CPIB used to 'tongpang' ISD when it comes to that. Not sure what's the arrangement currently. Maybe they have their own unit for that.

Surveillance isn't just following your targets around, noting where they went and who they met. Surveillance involves being fed with up-to-date info coming in from 'live' and 'technical' sources. It is too sensitive an area for it to be outsourced unless it is being done through one of intel's front company. Trust me bro, I was there!

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No chance of that happening, bro. Let me explain. Not too long ago, a MIW was caught with his pants down when his spouse engaged PIs to trail him. Resulting from that incident, SIRD now demands all surveillance subjetcs to be screened by them before PI agencies start their surveillance.

CPIB used to 'tongpang' ISD when it comes to that. Not sure what's the arrangement currently. Maybe they have their own unit for that.

Surveillance isn't just following your targets around, noting where they went and who they met. Surveillance involves being fed with up-to-date info coming in from 'live' and 'technical' sources. It is too sensitive an area for it to be outsourced unless it is being done through one of intel's front company. Trust me bro, I was there!

Any tips to detect surveillance? Like in the movies, bend down tie shoelace and look around, look into store window as a mirror and comb hair? Waiting for your memoirs!

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trust me, ISD people fail maths. The number of people they need to track and the bullshit talk about link analysis is a waste of time in complexity theory and dynamics. Given that people travel overseas and meet in such obscure locations, even trillion dollar Lee cannot cover with all his wealth. YPH can claim to read minds but cannot even read LKY's mind when he got the can.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

roger that GD was told by a friend close to the ops that's the arrangement.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any tips to detect surveillance? Like in the movies, bend down tie shoelace and look around, look into store window as a mirror and comb hair? Waiting for your memoirs!

It is always easier to trail a subject who is not security conscious. When one is, very much harder.

Even a teenager like Michael Fay and company detected they were being watched 24/7 while he was on bail. Why? Coz where he lived, you had no chance to hide, even in a car. You get exposed easily.

To put a person on surveillance if subject is driving, you probably need at least 6 chaps - 2 in a vehilce, 3 vehicles. Alternatively, bikes are used but these poor chaps buanged quite often when it rains. Do you keep in close contact with your target and risk exposure? Do you stay a distance and risk losing sight of your target?

Any tips to detect surveillance? Yes, use common sense kau liao. Before that, try not to put yourself up as a subject for surveillance.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intelligence agencies such as MI5 etc recruit according to aptitude for certain type of work. They advertise extensively and are conscious of the various types of people they want and know.

We on the other hand keep really quiet, referrals from ex classmates, friends etc The talent pool is therefore small. From this tiny pool, they then pick surveillanece, analyst, field etc.

Our saving grace is that we invest heavily in technicals so much so that we are major player in the vendor space. Leadership is also usually good.

PRC is the best. Everyone from student, businssmen, housewife etc all potential intermediaries.

It is always easier to trail a subject who is not security conscious. When one is, very much harder.

Even a teenager like Michael Fay and company detected they were being watched 24/7 while he was on bail. Why? Coz where he lived, you had no chance to hide, even in a car. You get exposed easily.

To put a person on surveillance if subject is driving, you probably need at least 6 chaps - 2 in a vehilce, 3 vehicles. Alternatively, bikes are used but these poor chaps buanged quite often when it rains. Do you keep in close contact with your target and risk exposure? Do you stay a distance and risk losing sight of your target?

Any tips to detect surveillance? Yes, use common sense kau liao. Before that, try not to put yourself up as a subject for surveillance.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The talent pool is therefore small. From this tiny pool, they then pick surveillanece, analyst, field etc.

Smart chaps won't choose to be in surveillance in an intel agency. Much harder to get promoted compared to those in the field or even those at checkpoints. Even harder to make the great leap forward from JO to SO. Not so much the officer himself but the nature of surveillance work.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smart chaps won't choose to be in surveillance in an intel agency. Much harder to get promoted compared to those in the field or even those at checkpoints. Even harder to make the great leap forward from JO to SO. Not so much the officer himself but the nature of surveillance work.

But hor, we must admit that is one hell of an exciting job. I wouldn't mind trying if I have the chance. Too bad I have no friend in ISD to recommend me. Hahaha....

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is busy taking care of M.Ravi lah.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rule of thumb: Singaporeans are useless at whatever they do. :biggrin:

not true.

singaporeans excel at being shafted by the government.
singaporeans excel at paying the high world's highest prices for a cherry QQ
singaporeans excel at deluding themselves into thinking they pay little taxes

and most of all, singaporeans excel at paper talk soldier.

XiSd Tay

Alfrescian
Loyal
That being said, the best way to trail a person is by not moving at all, meaning you know exactly, where the subject is going, when he is going, how is he going, what route is he going and who is he going to meet.

That way, you will never be detected. Impossible? It is possible.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think they are not as moronic as mentioned.......its more whether they want or dun want......with the entire state machinery and resources at their disposal here and without need of cumbersome legality issues faced in other countries........i think they can track anyone here if they want to...if overseas machiam james bond then its another story.