• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Zidane open to coaching France

Buffon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Zidane open to coaching France one day

The 40-year-old confirmed his intention to pursue the necessary qualifications, and responded positively about the possibility of training les Bleus in the future

Oct 14, 2012 9:55:00 AM

By Mohammed Ali

148428hp2.jpg

Footballing legend Zinedine Zidane has revealed that he is open to coaching France one day.

The 40-year-old, who featured in les Bleus' 1998 World Cup and 2000 European Championship victories, before losing the World Cup final in 2006 as captain, has admitted that he is undertaking steps to become a qualified trainer.

"I'll go for the first degree, second degree, to DEF [a qualification], and we'll see later for a professional coaching diploma," Zidane told L'Equipe.

"It should start with something, and I'll start this year. In fact, I was asked this question today - do you want to have these qualifications? And the answer is yes. I feel like it."

"I have taken the time, it's been six years since I stopped playing. I think it was too long."

When asked whether he would like to lead his nation at one point in the future, Zidane responded positively.

He continued: "It means a lot to me. It's never the time to talk about it, because there are always coaches in place, but if you ask me, then I'll reply. Even, if it's not relevant today, anyway."

France take on Spain in World Cup qualifying on Tuesday. Kick-off at the Vicente Calderon is at 21:00CET.