• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOUNG PEOPLE Thread! Old People Please GET LOST!

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CAFE MELBA

Housed in a beautiful glass building, Cafe Melba is chic and stylish, without being overly pretentious. It reminds me of PS Cafe, and while food here isn’t fantastic, I can see myself coming back regularly.

From 3rd to 24th Dec, Cafe Melba has a Yuletide festive set where you can enjoy a two course meal at $32++, and three course meal for $39++.

90 Goodman Road
#01-56 Goodman Arts Centre Block N
Tel: +65 6440 6068
Mon to Fri: 10am – 10pm
Sat & Sun: 8am – 10pm

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHEF DANIEL'S KITCHEN

Over at Bugis+, Chef Daniel Koh and his team have designed a Christmas set lunch (available from 10 to 23 Dec) for just S$16.80++. The menu features Christmas-inspired dishes such as Oven-Roasted Pumpkin, Cheese Soup and Turkey Burger. This is for folks who just want to have a simple and good Christmas meal on a budget.

For Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Chef Daniel’s Kitchen has a more elaborated 5-course festive menu priced at at S$68++ and S$78++.

201 Victoria Street
#07-02/03 Bugis +
Tel: +65 6509 9888
Daily: 11.30am – 3pm, 6pm – 11pm

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
IL CIELO

To celebrate Christmas with a special candlelight dinner, I’d recommend Il Cielo at Hilton Singapore. The pool-side restaurant is small and intimate, with a view overlooking Orchard Road. I like that it has a central location, yet it does not feel like you are in town.

Il Cielo is offering a 6 course Christmas Menu at $188++ (24 & 25 Dec). This is the place to bring your date for a romantic Christmas Dinner.

581 Orchard Road
Level 24 Hilton Hotel Singapore
Tel: +65 6730 3395
Mon to Fri: 12 noon – 10.30pm
Sat & Sun: 7pm – 10.30pm

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE CORNER STONE

I chanced upon The Cornerstone when I was having brunch at Canopy Garden & Dining Bar, and since then, I’ve been back a few times. It has a very nice and cosy interior, which makes it a good place to chill out and have a great time with friends and loved ones.

1380 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1
Bishan Park 2
Tel: +65 6554 7230
Daily: 12 noon – 10.30pm

Last edited:

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE ROYAL MAIL

From now till 30th December 2012, The Royal Mail’s Festive Seasonal Menu is available for dinner at just $68++. This three-course menu includes Slow Poached Turkey Ballotine, The Royal Mail’s famed U.S.D.A Prime Roast as well as sweet treats such as a Vanilla & Chocolate Yule Log and Warm Date Pudding.

The 5-course Tasting Menu has more options and you can expect Poached Quail Eggs, Grilled Hokkaido Scallops, a choice of Cod En Papillote or Oven Roasted Lamb Loin, and end off with Christmas desserts Sherry Trifle and Mont Blanc. The Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menu is priced at $85++.

2 Finlayson Green
Ascott Raffles Place
Tel: +65 6509 3589
Mon to Fri: 12noon – 3pm, 6.30pm – 11pm
Sat: 6.30pm – 11pm

Last edited:

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE FABULOUS BAKERS BOY

One of my newer cafes in town, The Fabulous Baker Boy is located directly opposite Liang Court. I like that it is not too crowded during weekday dinners as not many people know about them because of its semi-secluded location.

On its menu, you can find main courses like prawn fettuccine ($18), lamb shank ($24), pastrami sandwich ($10.50). For Christmas, it has a Xmas Special Sandwich ($10). And of course, this being a bakery cafe, there’s no way you can leave without trying the cakes. The Ab Fab Red Velvet Cake is one of the best I’ve had in Singapore.

The Foothills*#01-15
70 River Valley Road, Singapore 179037
Tel: +65 6694 8336
Daily: 12 noon – 11pm

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
TRIPLE THREE RESTAURANT

Christmas is the perfect excuse for us to let loose and indulge. And what better way to spend Christmas than to go for a buffet feast?

Triple Three at Mandarin Orchard has a Christmas buffet lunch with free flow of wine and beer at $78++, while the Christmas dinner buffet is $88++.

333 Orchard Road
Level 5 Mandarin Orchard Singapore
Tel: +65 6831 6271
Daily: 12noon – 2.30pm, 6.30pm – 10pm

Last edited:

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
RISTORANTE VALENTINO

Regular readers should know that I am a big fan of Ristorante Valentino. I am going to go out on a limb and say that they are one of the best, if not the best Italian restaurant in Singapore. And since they have recently shifted to a bigger space at Grandstand (formerly Turf Club), I thought I’d introduce it again. If you have been to Valentino before, it’s time to drop by again. If you have never been, I’d strongly urge you to give it a try for Christmas this year.

200 Turf Club Road #01-19
Tel: +65 6462 0555

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALFRESCO GUSTO

Say you're tired from all that Christmas shopping and all you want is some unpretentious Italian fare - good ol' pizza. Head to Alfresco Gusto at Ion (Singapore's largest alfresco Italian resto, btw) and kick back with some mushroom ragout. Or if you're extra hungry, gun for some homemade pasta or risotto.

Undeniably, our top choice would be a pizza and some vino on the side. Pizza crusts here are exceptionally thin, so it's a good way to pretend you're cutting down on the carbs. Goodbye holiday weight gain!

PS. This one isn't a newbie on the scene - but they just revamped their menu.

Where:
p: 6509 9380
a: 2 Orchard Turn #01-15 ION Orchard, 238801, Singapore

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE PELICAN SEAFOOD BAR AND GRILL

The Pelican is where cocktail lovers rendezvous with seafood masters. Big bonus: the chefs at The Pelican aim to source responsibly for the best and freshest catch - good job, guys!

Menu highlights include The Pelican Platter, a seafood showcase featuring raw oysters, clams, crab, prawns, a steamed whole Maine lobster, and marinated conch salad; Line-caught Swordfish Steak with fresh herb vinaigrette, and Skate Wing Chop ($32) with burnt lemon butter.

Those in the CBD should take advantage of their weekday set lunch - $35 for three courses. Friday treat, anyone?

There's also about 20 cocktails on the menu, and you know what they say: get the house signature. The Pelican is made with Ketel One Vodka, Grand Marnier, sparkling Chandon wine, Giffard Apricot, fresh pink grapefruit, and raspberry. A very girly drink if you ask us, but delish all the same.

Where:
p: 6438 0400
a: #01-01 One Fullerton, 1 Fullerton Road, 049214, Singapore

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
KAIXO

Kaixo (Kai-sho) is a new Spanish restaurant inspired by the Basque region (Northern Spain) - and is now open for business in Tanjong Pagar.

This new kid on the block is helmed by chef Issachar Lee, a Le Cordon Bleu grad who's worked at Auguste, Guy Savoy, and San Sebastian in Las Vegas. In other words, he's pretty chummy with the Michelin Stars.

Signature tapas include Pinxtos, Sous vide organic eggs in a nest of burdock chips, jamon, crushed potatoes, with chicken broth, and Roasted French pigeon breast with saffron plums.

Where:
p: 6225 0545
a: 96 Tanjong Pagar Road, 088517, Singapore

PearlTan

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMMIGRANTS - THE SINGAPORE GASTRO BAR

Chef-partner Damian D'Silva's (of Soul Kitchen and Big D's Grill) is serving up good old Singapore and Peranakan cuisine on small plates - but watch out for some big personalities, the dishes have got a good heat to them.

Must-try menu faves include the buah keluak fried rice and a hawker fave, sambal stingray. If you like your chilli, go for the squid bombs, but if heat isn't your thing, opt for the pork cutlets or the ngo hiang.

We want to suggest bringing friends - tapas is meant to be shared - but you might want to hog these dishes to yourself.

Where:
p: 8511 7322
a: 467 Joo Chiat Road, 427678, Singapore

SuAnn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going to Sentosa Countdown Beach Party on 31st! Any of you going?

Gals, this is the info for Sioso Beach Party Countdown...Gwen and Linda has PM me...if any of you still interested, see u there!

Siloso Beach Party 2012/2013

ASIA'S LARGEST AND GROOVIEST BEACH COUNTDOWN PARTY IS BACK!
Get wet and wild at Sentosa this New Year's Eve

When: 31 December 2012 (Mon), 6pm to 6am
Where: Siloso Beach, Sentosa - View Map & Route / Getting There
Tel: 1800-7368672 (SENTOSA)

Beach lovers, come prepared to party at this mother of all beach parties . If the heat gets a little too much to bear, just dive into the giant foam pool.

Celebrate this New Year's Eve at the largest beach countdown party in Asia. Party people can expect 12 hours of non-stop music and dip in the giant foam pool at Siloso Beach's 1.2-kilometres stretch of pristine beach. Get ready to count down to 2012 with a wet and wild party!

Party all night long at the 5 unique zones across the 1.2 km beach stretch it transforms into the ultimate countdown party arena.

Remember to get enough rest beforehand, for you've going to need it for the 10 hours of solid partying at the Siloso Beach Party 2012, counting down to 2013...

Siloso Beach Party 2011 Ticket Prices

Prices Period Sale Dates
$39 Early Bird* 28 November till 14 December 2011
$49 Standard Price 15 December till 31 December 2011
Ticket prices includes event admission and one drink
UOB Visa/Master cardmembers 10% off Standard tickets
UOB One Card Exclusive
- Priority Booking of Early Bird tickets from 21 Nov.
- 20% off Standard tickets.
This event admits those aged 18 years and above only. Rain or shine event

LindaNg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gals...do u think so?

S'pore women fifth most unfaithful in the world, says Durex survey (http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...50/singapore_women_fifth_most_unfaithful.html)

Singapore women have been ranked the fifth most unfaithful in the world, according to a survey by condom maker Durex.

The objective of the study was to find out who the most unfaithful lovers in the world are.

The survey polled 29,000 women in 36 countries, and the women of Ghana came out tops. Sixty-two per cent of them admitted that they often cheated on their boyfriends and husbands.

In second place were Thai women (59 per cent), while Malaysian women were third (39 per cent). In fourth and fifth place were Russian (33 per cent) and Singapore (19 per cent) women respectively.

Results from the same survey showed that men from Singapore and Hong Kong are the most promiscuous in Asia, with an average of 16 bed partners in their lifetime.

Malaysian men apparently have sexual relations with an average of three women on a casual basis in their lifetime.

LindaNg

Alfrescian
Loyal
@SuAnn

Got to go early for SBP at Sentosa...sure very crowded...my bf have booked a room at RWS Hard Rock Hotel too..

Last edited:

LindaNg

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAI TIAN LO

If you're looking for a contemporary Canto Christmas (especially great for extended Chinese family gatherings), make a reservation at Hai Tien Lo for a special 6-course Christmas menu. Highlights include Braised Abalone served alongside Boston Lobster - bound to satisfy multiple generations. Available 10-25 Dec 2012 for $108++.

@Pearl, I guess for me, I rather eat Chinese. Am sick of all the western christmasy rubbish oredi...Hai Tian Lo looks good to me! :smile:

Last edited: