• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Xiaomi Mi 4c With Snapdragon 808 On Board In The Making

IronMaiden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Antutu: Xiaomi Mi 4c With Snapdragon 808 On Board In The Making

by Mihai Matei August 21

Xiaomi-Mi-4i-main1.jpg

The Xiaomi Mi 4i was released earlier this month as an affordable device priced at $200, rocking a very decent set of hardware specifications. Indeed, despite its low price, the Xiaomi Mi 4i is actually quite impressive, boasting a full HD 5-inch IPS LCD display which outputs 441 pixels per inch, an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, and 2 GB of RAM.

Interestingly enough, Xiaomi doesn’t seem to have stopped at the aforementioned configuration, and recent rumors hinted that a so-called “Xiaomi Mi 4c” with a more powerful processor might be in the works for the Chinese market. Today, this rumor was somewhat reconfirmed by AnTuTu listing showing off Xiaomi Mi 4c’s hardware specifications, which happen to include a Snapdragon 808. Full story below.

xiaomi-4i-antutu.jpg

AnTuTu: Xiaomi Mi 4c with Snapdragon 808 Spotted

The image you see above has been initially shared on the official AnTuTu page on the Weibo network, but oddly enough the screenshot was pulled in the meantime for unspecified reasons. With this small disclaimer out of the way (you can draw any conclusion you want regarding the validity of the image), let’s get back to the Xiaomi Mi 4c and see what it has to offer based on the new data.

Needless to say, the Mi 4c rocks a Snapdragon 808 SoC, which houses a quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU clocked at 1.4 GHz, and another dual-core Cortex-A57 unit running at frequencies of up to 1.8 GHz. It basically is the same chipset powering the LG G4.

Additionally, this SoC makes use of a slightly beefier graphics chip, namely the Adreno 418 as opposed to the Adreno 405, but the rest of the hardware components seem to be unaltered. This means the Mi 4c still rocks a 5-inch FHD display, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, and a 13 MP main camera complemented by a 5 MP front-facing unit.

We’re unaware of the reasons why AnTuTu decided to pull the image from Weibo, but hopefully this doesn’t mean that the phone isn’t on its way. Whatever the case may be, the chances are that the Mi 4c will not be officially released outside of China, so don’t get your hopes up if you happen to live outside the company’s homeland.