• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP new candidate at MacPherson - Cambridge Uni Trained Lawyer

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
fren: in macpherson, beri few voters, 1 hand can count all, is interested with parliament... to many; what the fuck is politics?
they only care what is happening on the ground in macpherson.. you know ??

Yeah she damn hardworking by being a yes bitch inside the pariahment supporting policies that screwed sinkies.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is so easily to demolish the PAP. PAP has NO track record of good deeds, only that of evils ...CPF, Healthcare, flat prices, MRT ....so even if TPL is popular, her party's record would kill her election hope. The question is whether the WP candidate dares to go all out and show voters the dirty linen of the PAP.

You can't fight this way.

Apathy and ignorant has always been a problem for opposition. I estimate about 25% of our voters belongs to the apathy type and you can't use national issues to win them over. This is more than enough to form a very critical minority to dictate the outcome of election.

Due to their lack of knowledge on various issues, they can only base their voting decisions on personality and status quo. This would usually mean the default choice of PAP.

This is the reason why pap cannot let opposition gain a foothold on grassroots level and relinquish control of RC, critical venues if opposition wins. And the very reason why many are wondering WP is only concern with bringing voters out on durian trips? Because in doing so, WP is directly threatening pap own supporter base.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are people looking at the capability of individuals:confused:
It is actually irrelevant & what is more important is party they represent. MP's will support the policies along party lines

Even if they disagree, no PAP MP has ever dared to vote against a bill/policy that their leader(LKY/LHL) supports. That is why if you want change you will have to vote out the PAP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can't fight this way.

Apathy and ignorant has always been a problem for opposition. I estimate about 25% of our voters belongs to the apathy type and you can't use national issues to win them over. This is more than enough to form a very critical minority to dictate the outcome of election.

Due to their lack of knowledge on various issues, they can only base their voting decisions on personality and status quo. This would usually mean the default choice of PAP.

This is the reason why pap cannot let opposition gain a foothold on grassroots level and relinquish control of RC, critical venues if opposition wins. And the very reason why many are wondering WP is only concern with bringing voters out on durian trips? Because in doing so, WP is directly threatening pap own supporter base.

CPF is a local issue. HDB is a local issue. Health care is a local issue. Foreigners flooding our country is a local issue. Opposition candidates just need to make those issues personal.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF is a local issue. HDB is a local issue. Health care is a local issue. Foreigners flooding our country is a local issue. Opposition candidates just need to make those issues personal.

defence--NS and too many scholar generals.

foreign affairs--the Indian must resign

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

HDB is not a local issue, it is personal, as you can't pay, you get kicked out, health care likewise, now it will be getting worse, you can't pay the premium for your health insurance, you can not even leave here, unless you go out in a box!. Foreigners flooding our country is not new, I experienced this in 1984, with the 'floods of Malaysians' I have to battle for jobs then, in 1996, with the 'deluge of others' especially the pinoys, the ah nehs....difficult to fill a 'rice bowl' & have to pay bills, especially those to be given to a government, that gladly & gayly welcumed these 3rd world people who sits squarely on jobs, meant for "you".

That's personal....but it is those 60% who are blind to see, deaf to hear & thick in the skull does not understand. They are the ones who will be freely be cheated, for example " buying $3.80 freshly brewed soya milk, which were poured from $1.50 litre Yeo Hiap Seng Soya Milk Drink packs, the same type of packaging in which the MIW's had been marketing for the last few decades.

Is this personal enough?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
General Elections are won on bread and butter issues. Who is going to make me better off economically, financially and personally?

Frankly, immigration into Sinkie falls some way down the list of priorities for the average Singaporean.

CPF, healthcare, child care, education and personal well being are probably more important. Singapore has a labour skills shortage - we all know that but to say foreigners are stealing the jobs of locals is ludicrous. Sustainable human capital is essential for economic growth, when we have low fertility rates how else are we meant to maintain a satisfactory level of GDP?

Don't blame foreigners for our woes, if you want to apportion blame, how about we examine the "stop at two" family planning campaign introduced by LKY back in the 70s?

Subsequent policies to revert this trend in the 1980s and beyond have been utter failures.

This is our real problem.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
General Elections are won on bread and butter issues. Who is going to make me better off economically, financially and personally?

Frankly, immigration into Sinkie falls some way down the list of priorities for the average Singaporean.

CPF, healthcare, child care, education and personal well being are probably more important. Singapore has a labour skills shortage - we all know that but to say foreigners are stealing the jobs of locals is ludicrous. Sustainable human capital is essential for economic growth, when we have low fertility rates how else are we meant to maintain a satisfactory level of GDP?

Don't blame foreigners for our woes, if you want to apportion blame, how about we examine the "stop at two" family planning campaign introduced by LKY back in the 70s?

Subsequent policies to revert this trend in the 1980s and beyond have been utter failures.

Politics is also about a contest of charisma, you can't be too ugly or too silly. :wink:

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, I am into recycle and stuff ... she invited me to meet her to discuss what could be done with used Tampon she collected

good bro looney, i know you have fetish for used tampon. talking about this, last time in satay club next to padang, there used to be saying that the satay gravy had used tampon in the pot cos' of their belief that used tampon can attract customers.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

PAP is gonna make your life better.

Thanks to PAP, our economy and currency has grown in value, unlike Mudland and their farked up ringgit. The ruppiah is even more farked up.

Many sinkies are aware that Europe is now doing badly. Look at Greece. Pension plans up in smoke. No more retirement money. In contrast, CPF money is yours and still there, even though you can only withdraw it in small amounts. In Greece, the money is gone! All the promises and contracts regarding their pensions can be used as toilet paper.

Look at countries like Syria, Libya, Ukraine. They were once all peaceful and moderately stable countries. Today, they are all torn apart by civil war or foreign interference. You may mock our SAF and laugh at our paper generals, but the SAF has kept our borders safe for decades. You can call it dumb luck, skill, whatever, but at the end of the day, the borders are safe. We have no war. Our police are also a lot more professional than in the USA, where white cops routinely bash up or even kill black suspects during confrontations or in jail.

Most sinkies take these into consideration before they vote. Many sinkies have travelled abroad and they can see what farked up governments and civil service are like. Foreigners from third world countries boast that they will retire back home after working in Singapore for decades. But when it is time to retire, these foreigners will still be here and want to retire here, not back in their shit hole back home, where most of their remitted savings will be used to pay bribes to corrupt officials.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is gonna make your life better.

Yeah, right. HDB flat price goes up to $750k while median takehome income stagnates at $1700. MRT fares goes up 30 percent. Healthcare expense goes up by 200 percent. Population goes up to 10 million with foreigners making up 70 percent. Only twenty percent of sinkee children get spots in top schools, 80 percent of spots taken up by foreigners. Sinkees who still have good paying jobs at 40 numbered only 20 percent. Most of them end up as taxi drivers and security guards.

Thanks to PAP, our economy and currency has grown in value, unlike Mudland and their farked up ringgit. The ruppiah is even more farked up.
You dunno economics, just keep quiet lah.

Many sinkies are aware that Europe is now doing badly. Look at Greece. Pension plans up in smoke. No more retirement money. In contrast, CPF money is yours and still there, even though you can only withdraw it in small amounts. In Greece, the money is gone! All the promises and contracts regarding their pensions can be used as toilet paper.
The pension Greeks get, even substantially reduced, is still higher than the CPF amount sinkees collect.
You dunno the Greek issue, you suka suka sprout crap. Read up before you post lah.

Look at countries like Syria, Libya, Ukraine. They were once all peaceful and moderately stable countries. Today, they are all torn apart by civil war or foreign interference. You may mock our SAF and laugh at our paper generals, but the SAF has kept our borders safe for decades. You can call it dumb luck, skill, whatever, but at the end of the day, the borders are safe. We have no war. Our police are also a lot more professional than in the USA, where white cops routinely bash up or even kill black suspects during confrontations or in jail.
Wait till the Pinoys, Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs create havoc. Wait ...you slowly wait.

Most sinkies take these into consideration before they vote. Many sinkies have travelled abroad and they can see what farked up governments and civil service are like. Foreigners from third world countries boast that they will retire back home after working in Singapore for decades. But when it is time to retire, these foreigners will still be here and want to retire here, not back in their shit hole back home, where most of their remitted savings will be used to pay bribes to corrupt officials.
If sinkees vote overwhelming for the PAP, then sinkapore is doomed. I pray hard that when they rebel, they will lynch you and your family.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

You talk many many but i say you fell for the birth rate red herring because you and every other sinkie are simple minded idiots with one tracked minds. What motivates the PAP to do the things they do? Why are we aggressively growing the working population instead of replacing retired workers? Frankly the few years i am here in this forum I feel like I am beating a dead horse. Sinkies are too stupid to know they are screwed and the only way i can do is save myself from working myself into a life pf poverty and subjugation. That is what thousands of overseas sinkies and matlanders in australia, canada, britain, the us have concluded as well.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait a minute !

She is a trained lawyer.

Which lawyer is not trained ? Got such thing as untrained lawyer meh ?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past, I had an argument with a civil servant, whom I found out, has a Ll.B., but was not called to the bar.
I disagreed with him referring to himself as a lawyer, because I said that he has a law degree, but is not a lawyer.
He appeared arrogant and tried to give me a hard time.
Therefore, I believe that I should inform his superior.