• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worrying Development: Familee Up Debt Ceiling to $320B!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And observe the misleading 154th headline to mask the important issue.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=593><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=452><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Singapore
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>January 11, 2010, 5.08 pm (Singapore time)
c.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>S'pore seeks early redemption of SGS

By ANGELA TAN
<TABLE class=storyLinks border=0 cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width=136 align=right><TBODY><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Email this article</TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Print article </TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Feedback</TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD colSpan=2><!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'facebook, twitter, favorites, myspace, google, www.businesstimes.com.sg, live, delicious, stumbleupon, more', services_exclude: 'email,print', services_custom: { name: "Email", url: 'http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sendmail/1,4561,367490,00.html?', icon: "http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/story_email.gif"}, data_use_flash: false } </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pub=xa-4ae026ba0e05c08d"></SCRIPT> <!-- AddThis Button END --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>SINGAPORE - Singapore is seeking to amend the law to allow the government to buy back to the Singapore Government Securities (SGS) before maturity at market price, Second Finance Minister Lim Hwee Hua told Parliament on Monday.

Mrs Lim said the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) currently buy back its debt and holds them until they mature.
'As premature redemption of these securities currently is not allowed, the government continues to pay interest on these securities to the MAS,' Mrs Lim said.
She added that the practice of early redemption is common among central banks and will provide more flexibility in the management of SGS.
Singapore's parliament in November approved the Ministry of Finance's proposal to increase the limit for government bond borrowing by $70 billion (US$50 billion) to as much as $320 billion.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
One word .

Government KELONG .

GICs scholars and officials should not be given mercy and second chance .

Neither should government baby sit and bailout those idiots !

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is known as creative accounting, in order to hide the billions of our CPF money, lost by GIC and Temasek in their failed investment deals overseas.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is known as creative accounting, in order to hide the billions of our CPF money, lost by GIC and Temasek in their failed investment deals overseas.

[COLOR="_______"]So these money is hidden somewhere .

Always ready to be taken out to challenge anyone who dares oppose them ![/COLOR]

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah if the Hakka Family were to Char Bok....

The Debt Liability is on us?

can you imagine that is even more that what US spent during the many years of war against terrorism?

That's US$240 billions!!

Better surrender my passport someday to avoid this tax liability....

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
What had the government done to some people that makes them hate it so much? Are people suffering from hunger? The hawker centres are full all the time. Are there open robberies on the streets? Citizens don't have roofs over their heads?

So those who keep complaining, please share with us why are you having such a bad time. Let me bring it up to my MP if it is something that can be proven as a deliberate attempt by the Government to do you in.

Thank you.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
What had the government done to some people that makes them hate it so much? Are people suffering from hunger? The hawker centres are full all the time. Are there open robberies on the streets? Citizens don't have roofs over their heads?

So those who keep complaining, please share with us why are you having such a bad time. Let me bring it up to my MP if it is something that can be proven as a deliberate attempt by the Government to do you in.

Thank you.

you just arrived here? :biggrin:

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
he or she must be on big pension,big passive income, no debts, free medical services.
No wonder so free to become glass root !

he or she means must see people die of hunger, no house, then PAP is doing in.

if reach that state, sinkapore oredi sink to the sea bottom liao....

people is struggling to keep up mortgage.

istana people paid $8000 a day and local peasant cleaner paid $800 a month...this is not mother- of -doing -us -in ? .....KNN, feed with pigswill !

you just arrived here? :biggrin:

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
he or she must be on big pension,big passive income, no debts, free medical services.
No wonder so free to become glass root !

he or she means must see people die of hunger, no house, then PAP is doing in.

if reach that state, sinkapore oredi sink to the sea bottom liao....

people is struggling to keep up mortgage.

istana people paid $8000 a day and local peasant cleaner paid $800 a month...this is not mother- of -doing -us -in ? .....KNN, feed with pigswill !

Mr Tiu, I am a he. Why will you not address me? Can I ask you who is dying of hunger in Singapore? If you can let me know, I will go and see for myself and bring it up to the attention of my MP. This is how our Government works. MM Lee really cares for all Singaporeans. Please be grateful. Thank you.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah hor, i think of one, i let you know hor,,,,,,you veri good PAP man.....

leekuan yew cares....hahahahahah, veri good ....veri good

Mr Tiu, I am a he. Why will you not address me? Can I ask you who is dying of hunger in Singapore? If you can let me know, I will go and see for myself and bring it up to the attention of my MP. This is how our Government works. MM Lee really cares for all Singaporeans. Please be grateful. Thank you.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who ever you are, $320B debt is a REAL WORRISOME figure for a small NO NATURAL RESOURCES country like Singapore. This figure is not a JOKE. It is scary.

I have always said that the FEEDBACK given by our GLASS LOOTs are slated and warped.

How can you say, there are NO BEGGARS in S'pore when they are actually TONNES of them. From Harbourfront to Orchard Road to HDB estates to WATERLOO street AND PRACTICALLY AT EVERY OR NEAR EVERY MRT STATION.

HOW CAN GOOD POLICIES BE FORMUALTED FOR THE GENERAL GOOD OF SINGAPOREANS WHEN THE BAD IS ALWAYS HIDDEN BY THE GLASSLOOTs WHEN TOP PEOPLE GO FOR THEIR WALKABOUTS, AND ONLY SEE THE GOOD THINGS?

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear fellow Singaporean Mr ahleebaba

Please don't be angry if I ask you to show proof that we are as you say $320 billion in debt. If it is so, 1 renminbi will buy 50 Sin dollars.

As for the few beggars. They had not followed our Governments advice to save. We should try to help them but they should bear some responsibility.

Pleas be grateful for 50 years of peace and prosperity. Thank you.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The US population is 305M or 102 times of that of Peesai (include citizens only).

The US, despite its problems, has a debt ceiling of USD 12.4T or SGD 17360B or only 54 times that of the Familee's.

Something is VERY VERY FISHY/WRONG here...

Who ever you are, $320B debt is a REAL WORRISOME figure for a small NO NATURAL RESOURCES country like Singapore. This figure is not a JOKE. It is scary.

I have always said that the FEEDBACK given by our GLASS LOOTs are slated and warped.

How can you say, there are NO BEGGARS in S'pore when they are actually TONNES of them. From Harbourfront to Orchard Road to HDB estates to WATERLOO street AND PRACTICALLY AT EVERY OR NEAR EVERY MRT STATION.

HOW CAN GOOD POLICIES BE FORMUALTED FOR THE GENERAL GOOD OF SINGAPOREANS WHEN THE BAD IS ALWAYS HIDDEN BY THE GLASSLOOTs WHEN TOP PEOPLE GO FOR THEIR WALKABOUTS, AND ONLY SEE THE GOOD THINGS?

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US population is 305M or 102 times of that of Peesai (include citizens only).

The US, despite its problems, has a debt ceiling of USD 12.4T or SGD 17360B or only 54 times that of the Familee's.

Something is VERY VERY FISHY/WRONG here...

So bad of you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please don't be angry if I ask you to show proof that we are as you say $320 billion in debt. If it is so, 1 renminbi will buy 50 Sin dollars.

Wahlau :eek: you know who tried to find out unsuccesfully where our money is & he was stonewalled. It was also rumoured that he was forced out office for asking too many questions.

Why aren't you demanding an accounting from those who actually lost the money, PAP & Temasek :confused:

We can only speculate & guess about the amount of losses incured by the gov't/Temasek: Suzhou, Micropolis, Thai losses, Lehman,...

Even if a forummer knew the exact details, I doubt he would feel safe in revealing the details. Got many eyes monitoring & many secrecy laws in Spore :rolleyes:

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahlau :eek: you know who tried to find out unsuccesfully where our money is & he was stonewalled. It was also rumoured that he was forced out office for asking too many questions.

Why aren't you demanding an accounting from those who actually lost the money, PAP & Temasek :confused:

We can only speculate & guess about the amount of losses incured by the gov't/Temasek: Suzhou, Micropolis, Thai losses, Lehman,...

Even if a forummer knew the exact details, I doubt he would feel safe in revealing the details. Got many eyes monitoring & many secrecy laws in Spore :rolleyes:

My dear fellow citizen. There is no guarantee of a favourable result when you gamble which is exactly what investment is. Pleas do not be fooled by some with bad intentions against our country. PAP had never and will never fail the citizens of Singapore. Before anybody bring it up, I am not too comfortable with the salaries demanded for leadership either. Good sense will prevail one day but please be patient. Thank you.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear fellow citizen. There is no guarantee of a favourable result when you gamble which is exactly what investment is. Pleas do not be fooled by some with bad intentions against our country. PAP had never and will never fail the citizens of Singapore. Before anybody bring it up, I am not too comfortable with the salaries demanded for leadership either. Good sense will prevail one day but please be patient. Thank you.

hehe you sound ecactly like this forumner that has been missing from the old SBF.

First you praise the SCUMS,,,,than later you sure whack them jia lat

patlim39

Alfrescian
Loyal
hehe you sound ecactly like this forumner that has been missing from the old SBF.

First you praise the SCUMS,,,,than later you sure whack them jia lat

No, no, no! That will never happen. Did you ever in your worst nightmare see a Singapore in ruins? Your grandchildren will live to a ripe old age proud to call themselves Singaporeans. Have faith in the PAP Government! Thank you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eh Who gave the PAP permission to gamble with tax payers money :confused:

Since they are only giving a measly 2 to 3% return on MY CPF, why are they taking so much risk? There are many safe investment out there e.g. bonds which will give that return without the risks.

For that mattert how come you have a famiLee member heading Temasek:confused: Other then being married to LHL, what qualifications does Mdm Ho have in investing ? After the string of loses its obvious to everyone that there's problems in Temasek.

With so many losses & unaswered questions, do you seriously expect Sporeans to trust the PAP :eek:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just because we are spending more money to religate
the problems of beggars and vagabonds instead of spending the same amount to help them .
It's looks more pleasant this way .