• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thank goodness that clown show is over.

The only problem is that in 4 year's time, the lunacy and theatrics will start all over again.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6IuheOP.jpg

not too soon, son
1000x311_homebanner_new.jpg

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cry for the Argentina players.
But the good thing is if you can survive a crashing defeat in a World Cup final match, I think you can possibly survive everything else in life.

same same here bro...my favourite team lost :(
but it was a good game and the better team won :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as the soccer world cup is concerned, there are far too many. I wish they'd ban the game.

It happen only once in every four years....remember back when, I have to stumble bleary eyes into office after watching the game at an unearthly hours...of course during the Cup period..productivity is almost zero...I remember, I use to steal cat naps in the office store room, after getting very friendly with the office "coffee bar", "percolator"...coffee from outside..

It is a once in four years madness....but worth the trouble!!...the Americans have their World Series...the rest of the world FIFA World Cup!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed. They were fumbling in their defense at first, left open at least several easy chances for Argentina. But Argentina squandered them, and the Germans also squandered valuable opportunities. Clearly a case of nerves as at least a couple of those potential goals looked easy to convert under calmer conditions.

The 113th min goal by Mario Gotze was truly the nail in the coffin for Argentina. 123rd minute free kick taken by Messi was so wide off the mark you could fit the Singapore flyer inside that chasm.

Credit to German coach. Sent in an unknown unmarked unseen assassin to complete the job. All the great scorers were marked dead and full of nerves. Then came Gotze! And he became a legend! Well done Germany. You deserved to be the World Cup Champions! See you all in Moscow 2018!

Last edited:

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like Messi will have to try to do it in four years time..... by then he will be 30.... to be as great as Maradona.

I hope he can still do it for Argentina. He might have to watch his health and closely monitored for his growth hormone . I honestly believe he will appear in 2018. Good luck little small great man!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
288 pages of great wc discussion. Thank you all bros who participated! Kamsiah to all. I enjoyed every page and every comment here. Time to sign off. Good luck. Stay healthy and we will be here again in 2018 SBF !,

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
288 pages of great wc discussion. Thank you all bros who participated! Kamsiah to all. I enjoyed every page and every comment here. Time to sign off. Good luck. Stay healthy and we will be here again in 2018 SBF !,

so your team won...and mine lost...neber mind we shall meet again in Moscow in 2018....make sure you come!!! :biggrin::cool: