• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Words of Wisdom by Nelson Mandela

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whites shouldnt have allowed it to happen.

What a dumbass answer from a PAP IB. Maybe the Brits shouldn't have granted Malaysia and Singapore independence as well. By the way, just as the Malayan Emergency which involved acts of sabotage, forced the Brits to cede independence, the whites were forced to abandon Apartheid. No tyrant ever gives up power willingly unless he is forced to.

Now you see how the blacks are treating their own people and the whites themselves.

Human beings everywhere are selfish. The worst atrocities in 19th and 20th century wars were committed by the Chinese against their own people. It is also the case in India where they have a caste of robbers and assassins called the Thuggees, which the Ah Nehs themselves could not eliminate. Took the British to do it and gave the word "thug" to the English language. So, in your stupid PAP IB books, China and India would be better off being ruled by the whites, forever.

Have you heard of " one bullet for each settler" policy?

Yes, I have and if you define the word "settler" narrowly, it is a justified policy in the extreme circumstance of Apartheid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Settler,_One_Bullet

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Under the homeland system, the government attempted to divide South Africa into a number of separate states, each of which was supposed to develop into a separate nation-state for a different ethnic group.

The South Africans who lived under Apartheid rule are the ones telling me that they felt a lot safer and they were a lot better off financially when the Whites ran the country.

I didn't believe this could be so initially so I did some research. The stats speak for themselves.

The blacks don't have a clue how to run a country. They're still stuck in a tribal mentality. Apartheid is still alive and well in SA except that it's now operates along tribal divisions rather than skin colour.

Nelson Mandela achieved absolutely nothing of significance. He was a figurehead nothing more and nothing less.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Totally agree with you!

During apartheid:
1 SA Rand = 1 US Dollar

Now:
1 SGD = 8 rand

SA is now one shithole!

Before LKY, 3.5 SGD = 1 USD.

After LKY 1.3 SGD = 1 USD.

Now tell me who did a better job of running a country and bringing wealth and prosperity to the people.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The South Africans who lived under Apartheid rule are the ones telling me that they felt a lot safer and they were a lot better off financially when the Whites ran the country.

Big deal, a lot of Chinese Babas too were financially better off when the British ran Malaya and Singapore. It would have been worst for these bunch of “King’s Chinese” if Lim Chin Siong and his people had taken the reins from the British instead of a fellow King’s Chinese – that Harry Baboon.

In any big political upheaval, there will be winners and losers. The blacks who formed the vast majority of the population but were crammed into their designated “homelands” which comprised only 13 per cent of the total land area and the most unproductive ones at that would be the winners. Not all will benefit to the same degree and some would have to wait and may be some are still waiting. Hello, have you not heard of the saying “Rome was not built in a day”.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't believe this could be so initially so I did some research. The stats speak for themselves.

Bwahahaha. You expect me to believe you just because you said so! Where are those magnificent stats?

The blacks don't have a clue how to run a country. They're still stuck in a tribal mentality. Apartheid is still alive and well in SA except that it's now operates along tribal divisions rather than skin colour.

Well I don’t know much about that. I do know however that Mandela, a single man, could do nothing about that apart from starting educational programs which will take a long time to produce change in mentality. Just as Mao could do nothing to change the Chinese capitalist tendencies even after killing millions of people in a great civil war or 40 years of courtesy campaigns could do nothing to make Sinkies more gracious.

Nelson Mandela achieved absolutely nothing of significance. He was a figurehead nothing more and nothing less.

Mandela may have been the subject of idol worship, but it will be going too far to say that he achieved nothing of significance. Humans are like chimps, they need an alpha male to look up to, to carry the flag for the group, et cetera. The leadership of the ANC understood this and made efforts to promote a personality cult, which if you watched one of the videos I posted Mandela himself expressed reservations about.

Hello, which part of “the abolition of apartheid against a well armed enemy is itself a significant achievement” do you not understand? As a leader of the ANC, Mandela can claim credit for that.

He was 71 when released, 75 when made President and decided to retire after one term when he could have stayed for AS LONG AS HE WANTED given the personality cult that had been deliberately built for him by his comrades for the purposes of the struggle to overthrow apartheid. He could even have set up a famiLEE dynasty if he wanted to.

Go and do your research and find out what was achieved within those five years of office, bearing in mind that it was immediately after the abolition of apartheid which had severe implications. Compare that with the Old Fart’s first five years of office, bearing in mind that the British ran a beautiful ship and left him with plenty of financial reserves.

What followed in South Africa after Mandela ceded power cannot be blamed on him. Why? Because he did not wield real power after that. What followed after Old Fart supposedly ceased to be PM can still be blamed on him. Why? Because he just refused to cede real power. That my boy is the difference between a great man and a petty one.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What followed in South Africa after Mandela ceded power cannot be blamed on him. Why? Because he did not wield real power after that. What followed after Old Fart supposedly ceased to be PM can still be blamed on him. Why? Because he just refused to cede real power. That my boy is the difference between a great man and a petty one.

Your posts are far too subjective. I deal with the cold hard facts.

Compare exchange rate trends, crime stats, real estate prices, life expectancy etc, South Africa shows all the wrong trends and Singapore all the right ones.

South Africa's life expectancy has actually gone south since the end of Apartheid. http://countryeconomy.com/demography/life-expectancy/south-africa People are dying earlier thanks to Nelson Mandela.

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal

I got this agree with LS on this one. Jacob Zuma still practices polygamy and the state is actually paying for the living expenses for his four wives. Zuma then claimed that this is Zulu culture and he has the right to practice it.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Compare exchange rate trends, crime stats, real estate prices, life expectancy etc, South Africa shows all the wrong trends and Singapore all the right ones.

South Africa's life expectancy has actually gone south since the end of Apartheid. http://countryeconomy.com/demography/life-expectancy/south-africa People are dying earlier thanks to Nelson Mandela.

Your posts are far too selective. I look at the whole while you focus only on the parts that favour your own preconceived notions.

Mandela was President for 5 years and it was immediately after apartheid which had severe negative implications. He should be judged on what changes occurred within those 5 years taken into account the bad situation that white supremacists left behind. To compare apple with apple, Old Fart should be compared with Mandela based on the period from 1959 to 1964 and taking into account the significant advantages he had because the British gave him pretty rich endowment. That my dear boy are the important cold hard facts.

I am waiting for your RELEVANT statistics pertaining to the above paragraph and not pertaining to your silly preconceived notions.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me how South Africa has improved since the end of Apartheid.

The rand used to R 2 to 1 USD during the Apartheid era. It is now around R 8 to the 1 USD.

Murder rates have tripled.

I can't think of anything that has got better.

How many South Africans do you think prefer to go back to the days of apartheid ? Regardless of whether the rand is 2 to a dollar or 8 to a dollar what is your day to day life like ? Throwing statistics out to show so called improvements is what the PAP does because Singaporeans are all faceless to them. They have no inkling of whether people are happy or not. Next I am going to hear that the US would have been better off had they kept slavery.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

At the rate things are going Singaporeans may not see a longer lifespan as a blessing.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know what “Apartheid” means?

It is not just a word, but a set of policies designed to maintain white supremacy. Forcing the well armed and ruthless whites to abolish apartheid, at gunpoint if necessary, was itself an achievement.

As a ruthless form of divide and rule Apartheid puts the PAP’s efforts at the same basic strategy in Sinkieland to shame. It meant putting an end, among other things, to this:

Under the homeland system, the government attempted to divide South Africa into a number of separate states, each of which was supposed to develop into a separate nation-state for a different ethnic group.

Territorial separation was not a new institution. There were, for example, the "reserves" created under the British government in the nineteenth century. Under apartheid, 13 per cent of the land was reserved for black homelands, a relatively small amount compared to the total population, and generally in economically unproductive areas of the country. The Tomlinson Commission of 1954 justified apartheid and the homeland system, but stated that additional land ought to be given to the homelands, a recommendation that was not carried out.

When Verwoerd became Prime Minister in 1958, the policy of "separate development" came into being, with the homeland structure as one of its cornerstones. Verwoerd came to believe in the granting of independence to these homelands. The government justified its plans on the basis that "(the) government's policy is, therefore, not a policy of discrimination on the grounds of race or colour, but a policy of differentiation on the ground of nationhood, of different nations, granting to each self-determination within the borders of their homelands – hence this policy of separate development". Under the homelands system, blacks would no longer be citizens of South Africa, becoming citizens of the independent homelands who worked in South Africa as foreign migrant labourers on temporary work permits. In 1958 the Promotion of Black Self-Government Act was passed, and border industries and the Bantu Investment Corporation were established to promote economic development and the provision of employment in or near the homelands. Many black South Africans who had never resided in their identified homeland were forcibly removed from the cities to the homelands.

Ten homelands were allocated to different black ethnic groups: Lebowa (North Sotho, also referred to as Pedi), QwaQwa (South Sotho), Bophuthatswana (Tswana), KwaZulu (Zulu), KaNgwane (Swazi), Transkei and Ciskei (Xhosa), Gazankulu (Tsonga), Venda (Venda) and KwaNdebele (Ndebele). Four of these were declared independent by the South African government: Transkei in 1976, Bophuthatswana in 1977, Venda in 1979, and Ciskei in 1981 (known as the TBVC states). Once a homeland was granted its nominal independence, its designated citizens had their South African citizenship revoked, replaced with citizenship in their homeland. These people were then issued passports instead of passbooks. Citizens of the nominally autonomous homelands also had their South African citizenship circumscribed, meaning they were no longer legally considered South African. The South African government attempted to draw an equivalence between their view of black citizens of the homelands and the problems which other countries faced through entry of illegal immigrants.

For more on Apartheid, follow this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid_in_South_Africa

Sound like apartheid a lot more humanised approach than the smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY policies to Singaporeans.

I bet if Gallup poll has a time machine to go back and poll SA people during the time of apartheid, Singapore will still come out as the most miserable country to be in.

BUT, our time will come soon soon.

That smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY will die in weeks if not months.

HIS ENTIRE ROTTEN EMPIRE WILL FUCKING COLLAPSE LIKE THE PHILIPINE HUTS HIT BY TYPHOON HAIYAN

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
try locking up the old fool for 27 years and then ask him to run sick africa then. his head will probably end up on a pike

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
ff2673aa-eea0-4936-97b7-d9508ec35047_1mandela_fist.jpg

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also don't understand whats the big deal about Mandela.

Anyway I thought he was already dead; for the past how many years the whole world has forgotten about him, only when he's just died everybody conveniently remembers him and starts singing songs and praises.

typical human behaviour... yeeks.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am waiting for your RELEVANT statistics pertaining to the above paragraph and not pertaining to your silly preconceived notions.

Anyone who thinks that Mandela is greater man than LKY is either mad, very ill informed or very stupid.

Since you like posting videos to prove your point, let me do the same.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/17184007?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="500" height="381" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Apartheid Did Not Die
from John Pilger on Vimeo.

You can also read http://sjlendman.blogspot.co.nz/2013/12/mandelas-disturbing-legacy.html

From 1991 - 2002, unemployment soared to 48%. It remains disturbingly high. Officially it's around 26%. It's much higher.

Youth unemployment exceeds 50%. About 80% of unemployed young people never worked or had jobs longer than a year.

During the first decade of ANC rule, around two million South Africans lost homes. Another one million lost farms. Shack dwelling increased 50%.

One-fourth or more of South Africans have no running water or electricity. Around 40% of schools have no electricity.

About 50% of South Africans have inadequate sanitation. Around 40% have no telephones.

HIV/AIDS remains a major problem. South Africa has the world's largest number of affected people. Officially it's over five million. Unofficially it's higher.

It's more than in North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Central Asia combined.

Post-apartheid, life expectancy declined by 13 years. In 2011, it was 58, according to the World Health Organization. It ranks below Afghanistan at 60 years.

Overall South African conditions remain deplorable. They exceed the worst of apartheid harshness. Neoliberal exploitation exacted a horrific toll.

Mandela could have made a difference. He chose Thatcherism over economic fairness. Betrayal defines his legacy.

He relegated millions of black South Africans to permanent destitution, unemployment, hunger, malnutrition, homelessness, lost futures and early deaths.

His bigger than life persona is undeserved. So are eulogies praising his accomplishments. They reflect figments of historical revisionism.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who thinks that Mandela is greater man than LKY is either mad, very ill informed or very stupid.

Anyone who thinks the mayor of a 700 km2 city who joined the Kempeitei for a better life for HIMSELF can hold a candle to one who was instrumental in bringing about the abolition of apartheid for millions in a country many times the size of Peesai is a lunatic, ill informed and has the IQ of an ass.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I read some of these quotes, and I recall some of the things Harry said, it makes me want to giggle.

Yeah lah, giggle. That's what little girls do...............................giggle.