• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the photos for the brush. I was using the filter with the smaller holes, and I just chuck the packet of brush and pusher into the drawer and forgot about them:(

As for tempeh, I made my own as a natural protein where good meat was scare. But I stop because I read that there is this link between soy beans and estrogen:o

QUOTE=joetys;1858522]Bought this super food home - Tempeh.

.............[/QUOTE]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember some of you talking about this smelly type of leaf or veggie called petai which is used to detox. Is it really nasty tasting.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
fruits has sugar. too much of it may not be good if you want your body to be insulin sensitive. I use carrots, cucumber, broccoli, spinach, beetroot, radish, lime, lemon, green apple, grape fruit, peppermint leaves strawberry, mix and match.

Sometimes, I mix the juice with clinical grade protein.

I see i blended 1 pear, 1 apple and some chinese cabbage in the day

Evening time 1 more pear and 1 small stalk of the cabbage and a bit of brocoli.

Still more fruits for me to hide the taste.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fruits has sugar. too much of it may not be good if you want your body to be insulin sensitive. I use carrots, cucumber, broccoli, spinach, beetroot, radish, lime, lemon, green apple, grape fruit, peppermint leaves strawberry, mix and match.

Sometimes, I mix the juice with clinical grade protein.

wow you are hardcore look at how much you mix. Carrots are ok but i doubt i would drink a pure liquid spanich drink for example. Now this reminds me i need to get some lemons and oranges.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not hardcore, just started not long ago. I just mix and match to give myself a variety of taste.

I tried blending, durian, milk and protein, and frozen banana, milk and protein, it was ok. But when I use my blender for vegs and fruits, the output is different from a cold press juicer. That's why I prefer to use juicer for the later.

But as far as I know, a juicer cannot perform blending as good as a blender if I need my durian, and banana milk:biggrin:

Properties of lime and lemon is abit different as far as I remember.

wow you are hardcore look at how much you mix. Carrots are ok but i doubt i would drink a pure liquid spanich drink for example. Now this reminds me i need to get some lemons and oranges.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I forgot.... young ginger and garlic.

I like cucumber, lime, peppermint leaves, a little ginger + ice cubes:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are farmers alright however these 50 plants are not for commercial just for me, friends and family here anyway got to wait a while before anything can happen. Oh since its for own consumption they don't put chemicals fertilizers now pesticides, just like their rice. I would use the word organic because it has to be certified I guess but they are as organic as it can be....

Had an uncle who bought a small farm in Australia. He was growing Macadamia nuts. He had $$$ so could indulge in his hobbies. :smile:
Unfortunately he passed away & the farm is not being used now.

If you have your own farm or know the people who are doing the farming, it is not as important if it is not "certified". The certification is required because there have been actual cases of people misrepresenting non-organic food being as organic. This happened in the US.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using a blender works too right?

I use a blender at the lowest speed and it blends in about say less than 30 seconds cos i cut the fruits into small pieces.

How many raw veggies are neccessary?

I have a simple Phillips blender. It's good enough to make the occasional soups but I doubt it is as good as having a Vitamix class blender. Avoid blending for too long because it will destroy the nutrients. Can't tell you for how long because I've no experience.

If I was using a blender I would use the same veggies & fruits that I now use for juicing: kale, chard, carrots, apple, celery, & beetroot. Just google these veggies & you will find out all the health benefits.

You would have to experiment with the quantities because when you blend the fibres are retained & you will feel fuller. From what I've read you also have to consume a blended mix slowly to allow the body time to process the mixture. Unlike in juicing which is immediately absorbed into the body, a blended mixture has to be processed by the body.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... I use carrots, cucumber, broccoli, spinach, beetroot, radish, lime, lemon, green apple, grape fruit, peppermint leaves strawberry, mix and match....[/QUOTE

If you need organic ginger, mint leaves, etc you can find them at Natures Glory

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a simple Phillips blender. It's good enough to make the occasional soups but I doubt it is as good as having a Vitamix class blender. Avoid blending for too long because it will destroy the nutrients. Can't tell you for how long because I've no experience.

If I was using a blender I would use the same veggies & fruits that I now use for juicing: kale, chard, carrots, apple, celery, & beetroot. Just google these veggies & you will find out all the health benefits.

You would have to experiment with the quantities because when you blend the fibres are retained & you will feel fuller. From what I've read you also have to consume a blended mix slowly to allow the body time to process the mixture. Unlike in juicing which is immediately absorbed into the body, a blended mixture has to be processed by the body.

In a way isn't blending just a way more advanced form of chewing up the food? Actually the blended mixture is pretty liquid since you can drink it.

The body can process bigger chunks of food particles since the food one chews is still in pretty huge chunks.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is blending considered "processing"? When i blend everything is still there, the pulp and so on just that they have been reduced to tiny bits often liquid and i mix some water into the mixture.

Everything is still there just that it's now in liquid form.

Just had a mixture of apple, pear, chinese cabbage. Chinese cabbage usually has the thick fiberous stems that are quite difficult to chew and i definitely won't eat them raw but i blended them with the apple and pear and could only taste the pear. Entire process took me maybe 5 mins to wash and cut up the fruits and veggie and to blend and less than 1 min to drink the mixture.

I don't know why but there are some people out there and i think you might be one of them that somehow are offended that people are drinking food like somehow you need to chew them before you can get the "good" benefits out of them like they don't exactly have the evidence that blending or maybe juicing the food will destroy nutrients like somehow if you cannot stomach chewing the veggies and let us be honest here how many of us actually will eat green leafy veggies raw like that somehow you don't deserve to get the nutrients from them.

First of all eating raw veggies is common, e.g eating salad. I am not offended by pple drinking their food but I am concerned abt over claiming the benefits of such an approach. Health has many components regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight and proper nutrition. The way to prevent diabetes is lower to lower sugar intake
and refined carbohydrates. Exercise also helps. By playing up juicing, it de- emphasis the more important areas.

Juicing helps to prevent diabetes and cancer as much drinking chicken essence can help you do well in exam. By itself it is insufficient and not key.

The 2 more important things to prevent cancer is exercising and keeping a healthy weight through proper nutrition.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....not offended by pple drinking their food but I am concerned abt over claiming the benefits of such an approach.
Juicing helps to prevent diabetes and cancer as much drinking chicken essence can help you do well in exam. By itself it is insufficient and not key.
Bang on. Juicing itself has benefits, but not panacea for diabetes or cancer

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I juice bcos i hate eating veg n being a single i dont have access to home cook food. So i juice carrot, green apple n orange. To get my fibre n make sure i get bowel movement. Need to remember to add some lime in the juice.
First of all eating raw veggies is common, e.g eating salad. I am not offended by pple drinking their food but I am concerned abt over claiming the benefits of such an approach. Health has many components regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight and proper nutrition. The way to prevent diabetes is lower to lower sugar intake
and refined carbohydrates. Exercise also helps. By playing up juicing, it de- emphasis the more important areas.

The 2 more important things to prevent cancer is exercising and keeping a healthy weight through proper nutrition.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bang on. Juicing itself has benefits, but not panacea for diabetes or cancer

Granted you need to exercise to maintain a healthy body but juicing really works wonders.

The human body is a machine & it breaks down if you feed it incorrectly. GIGO - garbage in garbage out
Process foods are tainted with additives, trans fats, preservatives, GM foods, ......

I know someone who had breast cancer. With a change in diet she is now cancer free. The same doctors that diagnosed her breast cancer, were the same ones who determined that she was cancer free. So nothing to do with the placebo effect.

According to Charlotte Gerson of the Gerson Institute they have successfully treated people with cancers, diabetes, other medical problems via the Gerson Therapy. The Gerson Therapy & Budwig protocols are about eating the right foods.

LHL had cancer. His cancer is in remission. I have heard that he has organic foods specially flown in for his kitchen. So obviously diet is an important component to his remission.

I've already posted a link to the movie of Joe Cross's experience of his 60 day fast of only consuming juices in "Fat sick and nearly dead"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HLrxt7_a9M He had plenty of health problems which went away after his juice fast.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I juice bcos i hate eating veg n being a single i dont have access to home cook food. So i juice carrot, green apple n orange. To get my fibre n make sure i get bowel movement. Need to remember to add some lime in the juice.

For fibre you can try eating oats. I add raisins, cinnamon & maple syrup to my oats. Takes about 10 minues to prepare.

http://www.iherb.com/Bob-s-Red-Mill...=0&lc=en-US&w=rolled oats&rc=209&sr=null&ic=7
http://www.iherb.com/Made-in-Nature...&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=raisin&rc=173&sr=null&ic=1
http://www.iherb.com/Frontier-Natur...sc=0&lc=en-US&w=cinnamon&rc=1070&sr=null&ic=3
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Real...c=0&lc=en-US&w=maple syrup&rc=72&sr=null&ic=5

The maple syrup from Now Foods is unsweetened. Cinnamon is good for those with diabetes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Jah just to give you an idea this is my juicing an hour ago

Only 1 fruit, apple the rest not consider fruit more roots.

Lots of veges here you see spinach, kailan, pak choy

I need to cut the stems of the vegetables because its lots of fibres that may clog the juicer

The rest of the leafs are ok

Cut the fruits

Here's the entire video of the juicing

[video=youtube;gl3vf6_E_G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3vf6_E_G4[/video]

Cheers buddy