• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I bought this model also, but how do you clean the tiny holes (non through hole) encased by the black plastic skeletal sleeve?
It comes with a green brush which I use an am able to entirely clean out the tiny stuff under running water. You should have this very useful green brush. Also comes with a round brush which you use to clean the two outlet spouts. I'm at the airport now if not I'd take a photo.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok guys after juicing for 15 days now I've begun to also eat soursop like it is, before will add sugar water.

Like I'd said this is not the normal thing I do especially for something that looks slimy and horrible. I bought 4 in my luggage now back to Bangkok. You cannot find this in Bangkok.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It comes with a green brush which I use an am able to entirely clean out the tiny stuff under running water. You should have this very useful green brush. Also comes with a round brush which you use to clean the two outlet spouts. I'm at the airport now if not I'd take a photo.

If you clean immediately after juicing, it will be easier. Howver over time you might have to use something like vineger to clean if you have gunk building up
http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No amount of juicing can help if PAPpies continue to rule Sinkieland. Sinkies are fucked! :oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys after juicing for 15 days now I've begun to also eat soursop like it is, before will add sugar water.

Like I'd said this is not the normal thing I do especially for something that looks slimy and horrible. I bought 4 in my luggage now back to Bangkok. You cannot find this in Bangkok.

When i was young I had a garden with a sousop tree. If you have a garden in BKK why not try to grow them?

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Previously I highlighted that a juicer is valuable in improving once's health http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....hat-will-improve-HEALTH&p=1616022#post1616022
I was really surprised that some people are ignorant of this fact. Someone even took the trouble to send me a personal message "fucking spreading your filthy nymphomaniac lies again. full of bullshit n superstition":biggrin:

For those who have friends & relatives with diabetes, heart problems, health problems,..... you should take a look at what Dr. Robert Young has to say about juicing. He is a Microbiologist & has studied the effects of drinking green juices on the human body i.e on the quantity & quality of the blood count. He has even written a book on this

[video=youtube;WuJrfYG7oh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJrfYG7oh8[/video]

Many people are trying to age gracefully without having the dreaded cancer that seems to affect so many older Sporeans. Taking preventive steps is always a much cheaper option. I used to be a regular of MacD, KFC, ..... & I know the damage it can do to one's health. Now the money I save from NOT eating junk food is now being used to buy organic produce. So for me there's no added cost.

1. It is better to eat fruits directly not process it as it destroys the vitamins.
2. The entire fruit together with the pulp and sometimes skin offer many anti oxydants that are destroyed through the juicing process.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. It is better to eat fruits directly not process it as it destroys the vitamins.
2. The entire fruit together with the pulp and sometimes skin offer many anti oxydants that are destroyed through the juicing process.

Is blending considered "processing"? When i blend everything is still there, the pulp and so on just that they have been reduced to tiny bits often liquid and i mix some water into the mixture.

Everything is still there just that it's now in liquid form.

Just had a mixture of apple, pear, chinese cabbage. Chinese cabbage usually has the thick fiberous stems that are quite difficult to chew and i definitely won't eat them raw but i blended them with the apple and pear and could only taste the pear. Entire process took me maybe 5 mins to wash and cut up the fruits and veggie and to blend and less than 1 min to drink the mixture.

I don't know why but there are some people out there and i think you might be one of them that somehow are offended that people are drinking food like somehow you need to chew them before you can get the "good" benefits out of them like they don't exactly have the evidence that blending or maybe juicing the food will destroy nutrients like somehow if you cannot stomach chewing the veggies and let us be honest here how many of us actually will eat green leafy veggies raw like that somehow you don't deserve to get the nutrients from them.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When i was young I had a garden with a sousop tree. If you have a garden in BKK why not try to grow them?

Two months ago I bought 50 plants about 1.5ft tall, it's now being planted at Isaan a friend's garden.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two months ago I bought 50 plants about 1.5ft tall, it's now being planted at Isaan a friend's garden.

When I visit the supermarkets in LOS I see plenty of locally grown fruits & vegetables but few that are organic.
If he's into farming, he should think about organic farming. Many people are getting health conscious & looking for organic grown stuff.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1.5 feet is about 1 year old or less. The earliest harvest will be about 3-4 years time. Trim the leaves at the lower branches to encourage the young plants to grow vertically faster. Soursop plants tends to grow horizontally and young leaves can grow anywhere and anytime in the lower branches.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1.5 feet is about 1 year old or less. The earliest harvest will be about 3-4 years time. Trim the leaves at the lower branches to encourage the young plants to grow vertically faster. Soursop plants tends to grow horizontally and young leaves can grow anywhere and anytime in the lower branches.

Forgot to add, need to add 3 bamboo stakes to support the plant. Else the plant will be seng ngek.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After the tempeh its time for another super fruit

I've only 4 fruits and will be giving 2 away sigh wish we can get this here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When I visit the supermarkets in LOS I see plenty of locally grown fruits & vegetables but few that are organic.
If he's into farming, he should think about organic farming. Many people are getting health conscious & looking for organic grown stuff.

They are farmers alright however these 50 plants are not for commercial just for me, friends and family here anyway got to wait a while before anything can happen. Oh since its for own consumption they don't put chemicals fertilizers now pesticides, just like their rice. I would use the word organic because it has to be certified I guess but they are as organic as it can be.

Forgot to add, need to add 3 bamboo stakes to support the plant. Else the plant will be seng ngek.

Bro I leave it to these Khon Kaen people la they are experts in this. My only fear is whether these trees could survive the heat and lack of water in Isaan.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The reality is that not many people have the time or the inclination to eat the vast amounts of raw vegetables that is necessary. That is why so many people are getting health problems. To get my 600 to 800ml of juice each day I use plenty of veggies & fruits.

When you juice you are breaking the vegetables membrane to release the juices. You might sacrifice some of the fibre but in my case I have enough fibre in my diet. To minimize the lose of nutrients one should use a slow masticating juicer rather than a high speed centrifugal juicer.

The reason why juicing has become popular is because it works.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The reality is that not many people have the time or the inclination to eat the vast amounts of raw vegetables that is necessary. That is why so many people are getting health problems. To get my 600 to 800ml of juice each day I use plenty of veggies & fruits.

When you juice you are breaking the vegetables membrane to release the juices. You might sacrifice some of the fibre but in my case I have enough fibre in my diet. To minimize the lose of nutrients one should use a slow masticating juicer rather than a high speed centrifugal juicer.

I concur, it's working for me for sure.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Using a blender works too right?

I use a blender at the lowest speed and it blends in about say less than 30 seconds cos i cut the fruits into small pieces.

How many raw veggies are neccessary?

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think as long as more vege than fruits will be great.

I see i blended 1 pear, 1 apple and some chinese cabbage in the day

Evening time 1 more pear and 1 small stalk of the cabbage and a bit of brocoli.

Still more fruits for me to hide the taste.