• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really one billion Chinese. PRCs don't do that. For all the failings of the Cultural Revolution, stopping PRCs from (believing in) burning stuff in public must be it's greatest consolation, if not achievement. Only Chinese in Taiwan, HK and SEA still lunatically do (and believe in) that. Fortunately in North America, Europe and ANZ, they'd be stopped, fined or arrested. They can accept that's illegal and illogical there. Why not here?

China already stop this ritual few decades ago. Maybe less than 1% people in China still do it.
If consider the most conservative will be Singapore almost or about 50% Chinese still practice the ritual.
Then follow by HK and Taiwan.
There is is brighter side. Many will stop practice it especially younger generation. Even if they do it maybe only for the respect but they will burnt less. If compare 2 decade ago how many Kilo of item/family will burnt. Now maybe only 50% or less.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well whether a tradition is stupid or not it's still a tradition. Whether it's wearing silly costumes or behaving in a certain foolish way it's still traditional.

I was born in a catholic family and almost no one in my immediate family practices taoism or buddhism but i still tolerate this tradition and respect others that practice it.

An act of stupidity is an act of stupidity no matter what names you give it. The only way to become smart is to stop doing stupid things. I don't respect idiots and stupid people when they can do the smart thing and become smart. I only respect the smart and the wise, not the idiots and the stupid. Only a fool will respect a fool for he knows not what is wise.

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in this cyber age.i believe heaven n hell already using satellite communication..just email to them the attachments instead of burning it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An act of stupidity is an act of stupidity no matter what names you give it. The only way to become smart is to stop doing stupid things. I don't respect idiots and stupid people when they can do the smart thing and become smart. I only respect the smart and the wise, not the idiots and the stupid. Only a fool will respect a fool for he knows not what is wise.

That's not a very nice thing to call others religions or traditions an act of stupidity.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are cowards that's why they dont drink it. Chinese are the filthiest race in the world, and here we have idiots defending them when they shld be emulating the Malays and the Angmohs. I have never seen Malays spit, but as for the Chinks, every time they see something unpleasant, SPIT! except when they are at home, they dont spit into their living room, kitchen or bedroom. I have also seen Chinese men blew their noses and wiped their fingers and hands on the lamp posts or public walls. Fucking assholes! Some assholes here are so proud of their race. I am a Chinese but I am ashamed.

Yup it was you that was spitting and doing all manner of nonsense you filthy bugger.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm just speaking about the truth of these believes.

Without people like me, we may still find ancient practices or traditions of human sacrifice like the Incas in pockets of our society. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Inca-Human-Sacrifices-79148.shtml

You want to respect traditions just because it is a traditions of some ignorant idiots like these?

I don't find anything wrong with what the incas did.

Let's face it not everyone is alike. Btw what are your thoughts on muslims in middle east beheading ppl and chopping off their limbs?

You see there are ppl with double standards that allow the muslims to do whatever they please cos they'll react violently but chide other more peaceful cultures.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Religious thing is very sensitive. Please do respect all culture regardless the race/religious.
Christian they burn candle/singing whole day on Sunday >> so it it crazy/harm environment also?
Muslim chant 5 time/day wasting time and friday for 1 hour? then circle the stone in Mecca so is stupid?
Indian also pray almost same as Buddhist culture>> so also crazy.

Please be more open mind accept other culture.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Religious thing is very sensitive. Please do respect all culture regardless the race/religious.
Christian they burn candle/singing whole day on Sunday >> so it it crazy/harm environment also?
Muslim chant 5 time/day wasting time and friday for 1 hour? then circle the stone in Mecca so is stupid?

Why can't they be more open minded to stop doing stupid things and learn to be smart? If they want to remain stupid, do so without causing others inconvenience. If not, they will only be displaying their stupidity and be criticised.

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey man,

To begin with, your thread is racial instead of religious. Among the Chinese there are: Atheist, taoist, buddhist, muslim, christian, jew and etc etc. Please be mindful else you're trying to hit the all chinese on board the ship with a bamboo.

hi there

1. bro, i pity the thread author, blind.
2. to it, yellow skinned equates chiney!
3. btw, buddhists don't practice such offerings.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You know there's a double standard in all of this.

Like muslims are more violent and ultra sensitive while chinese are more tolerant and guess what. Ppl don't chide muslims for practicing their cultures but don't allow the same leeway for other cultures.

Like for eg barbaric practices in the middle east like sharia law chopping off of limbs and so on are somehow tolerated, yet they'll go after cultures that aren't so violent. Double standards.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

so that aborted dead babies could be fed and appeased. you want BB back to look for you?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Cestbon:

Agree that we have to be sensitive and tolerant of each other's culture. However, the thread here refers to doing something in open public, using public land (and air). Say, if some cult wants to conduct taboo practices and does so within confines of their privacy, so be it. But to spew waste and debris onto shared common public ground, then they should examine themselves and their practices so as not to encroach onto other people's domains and rights.

Years ago, muslim prayers were blared into the surroundings for the whole kampong. Those non-moslems had to tolerate the din. But then, things change and they can get the Quran on radio in their home. If this group of people can make changes to their practices, others too should try.

Cheers!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bringing a retard like u to this world is also a fucking stupid thing to do.

but that too didn't stop your moronic parents from fucking each other RAW!

Yes, it did not stop me from fucking your moronic mother raw too, you spastic moron. LOL!....

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One billion chinks worship smoke while a similar number of ah nehs worship cows and cowdung. If it wasn't for the Ang Mohs, the world would be a real shit hole.

hi there

1. this is real sucking up big time, sam!
2. i have been in and out of chiney for so many times.
3. such practices of burning offerings happen to taiwan & south-east asia.
4. little of such things in chiney!
5. come on! whites are no angels.
6. they do lie, cheat, corrupt and of course steal.
7. btw, what are you? yellow, white or something in-between?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Cestbon:

Agree that we have to be sensitive and tolerant of each other's culture. However, the thread here refers to doing something in open public, using public land (and air). Say, if some cult wants to conduct taboo practices and does so within confines of their privacy, so be it. But to spew waste and debris onto shared common public ground, then they should examine themselves and their practices so as not to encroach onto other people's domains and rights.

Years ago, muslim prayers were blared into the surroundings for the whole kampong. Those non-moslems had to tolerate the din. But then, things change and they can get the Quran on radio in their home. If this group of people can make changes to their practices, others too should try.

Cheers!

You know the reason why muslim prayers are not blasted out anymore is cos this isn't a muslim majority country and certainly not cos they wanted to be considerate to others. All things said and done i was once at whampo area and i heard the prayers being blasted out before from a mosque so it's still ongoing in certain areas.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know the reason why muslim prayers are not blasted out anymore is cos this isn't a muslim majority country and certainly not cos they wanted to be considerate to others. All things said and done i was once at whampo area and i heard the prayers being blasted out before from a mosque so it's still ongoing in certain areas.

Yes, if we can stop all these stupid acts, the world would be a better place for whatever time we have left.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, if we can stop all these stupid acts, the world would be a better place for whatever time we have left.

good luck trying to stop all of that.

Btw did you use to have religious debates in the past? I remember you were in some kind of flame war with lancheow man in the old forum.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yo!

If it is a majority, they can practice openly - it is theirs to do so. I wouldn't expect the Sultanate of Brunei to tell its subjects to plug their earphones into their radios for prayers.

Eh, you Catholic, not Voodoo meh?

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yo!

If it is a majority, they can practice openly - it is theirs to do so. I wouldn't expect the Sultanate of Brunei to tell its subjects to plug their earphones into their radios for prayers.

Eh, you Catholic, not Voodoo meh?

Cheers!

The pt is not about majority or minority but that all races and cultures have their own practices and oddities. if you want to chide one race or culture for funny cultural practices then you should do the same for all. It has nothing to do with consideration in the case of some cultures but simply cos they don't have a choice.

Actually rastafarism isn't voodoo.