• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Legislators from the WEST Should Learn from PAP 's success on Regulating Islam

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.cpr.org/2024/01/11/gov-jared-polis-delivers-2024-state-of-the-state/

Public Safety​

We all deserve to be safe, which is why our goal is to make Colorado one of the ten safest states in the nation by 2027 and I will be supporting legislation to further that goal and will be very skeptical of any legislation that would make us less safe.

Over the last few years we’ve made important investments in effective, locally driven efforts, including training and support for local law enforcement.

This has resulted in scholarships for 135 recruits to attend the POST Academy. 194 law enforcement recruitment events across the state, more than 900 training sessions and more than 400 community events.

Through legislation led by Senator Buckner, former Senator Cooke, Senator Will and Representative Valdez, we funded more than 50 initiatives throughout the state that use evidence-based strategies to make our communities safer including crime prevention and violence interrupter efforts, law enforcement community outreach, crisis intervention, mentoring, co-response models, and recovery housing.

Early data shows a downward trend in violent crime, which is why this year we want to continue these investments to create safer communities for everyone.

Last year, with the leadership of Senator Gardner, Senator Bridges, Senator Zenzinger, Representative Bird, Representative Soper, Representative Titone, and Representative Bockenfeld, we took important steps to crack down on auto-theft. When a car is stolen, it impacts employment, health care visits, child care access, and many aspects of daily life.

And we invested in technology to locate and return stolen vehicles, and we strengthened the dedicated auto-theft task force. We provided more support for District Attorneys to successfully prosecute the criminals responsible, and we took action to make criminal penalties for auto theft tougher by eliminating the value of a vehicle from consideration.

We’re starting to move in the right direction! As of September last year, Colorado had seen a 21% year-over-year reduction in stolen vehicles, in Denver a 27% reduction - including a major reduction of auto theft at Denver International Airport.

Ongoing, data-driven investments in reducing auto theft are absolutely critical if we want to continue fighting all the crimes associated with auto theft.

We are also actively involved in helping victims of crime get back on their feet, providing additional funding to help people get the support and resources they need to recover and heal. I have also called on our Congressional delegation to increase federal funding for victims through a fix to the Victims of Crime Act. I especially appreciate Majority Leader Duran’s continued advocacy for this work and look forward to her partnership in the months ahead.

Sadly, in the last few months, there’s been a dramatic increase in horrific acts of hate across the world, including here at home. Between October 7 and January 7, the Anti-Defamation League recorded a 360 percent increase in antisemitic incidents nationwide. The rise in antisemitism, Islamophobia, and hate in all forms is unacceptable in Colorado.

Colorado is a state that welcomes everyone – no matter your country, your background, where you worship, or who you love. Every single person has the right to feel safe at home, in their communities, and at their places of worship.

So, we called on this body to help protect nonprofit organizations and religious institutions, like temples and mosques, that are facing a heightened risk of targeted violence. I want to thank the Joint Budget Committee for taking swift action to provide additional funding for this work last month. And we’ve already gotten the money out!

Today we are joined by educators from Beth Jacob High School of Denver and the Islamic Center of Fort Collins, which both received funding supported by the State of Colorado and are using it to make security improvements and better protect their communities. Please join me in welcoming them here today.

But it goes beyond simple funding. It’s about coordinating our efforts to root out hate TOGETHER.

In keeping with our commitment to public safety, Colorado is leading the nation in our efforts to prevent gun violence. Whether it’s strengthening our red flag law, establishing waiting periods, requiring safe storage of firearms in homes where kids are present, or banning ghost guns, we are a model for the nation in practical, commonsense solutions to the problem of gun violence, while protecting our cherished Second Amendment rights. I want to thank Senator Tom Sullivan and his fellow legislators for your work to make this possible.

To build on this work, we are proposing additional investments to prevent convicted felons from illegally purchasing firearms. Each year, thousands of people who are prohibited from purchasing a firearm try to do so illegally. As a state, we need to stand firm and crack down on illegal firearm activity. We are working with US Attorney Cole Finegan, Attorney General Phil Weiser and District Attorneys to get it done, while supporting our rural DA offices.

And while all of this work supports safe and thriving communities, helping us reach our goal of becoming one of the ten safest states, we also know that another important element of safe Colorado communities is a strong education system.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't consider PAP regime's ways as successful. There is still plenty of pandering and virtue signalling. For example, snowflakes who went to fight in ISIS are allowed to return to the country. If I were in charge I would have zero tolerance regarding this. You're just endangering the country. You cannot reform or 'rehab' them, hope you don't have to find out the hard way.

As I've mentioned before, the PAP is just a 'lite' version of the CCP, minus the Great Firewall. Everything, especially organized religions, have been contaminated, corrupted, co-opted or compromised by the regime. You see the seemingly 'neutered' Islam here and assume everything is hunky-dory.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't consider PAP regime's ways as successful. There is still plenty of pandering and virtue signalling. For example, snowflakes who went to fight in ISIS are allowed to return to the country. If I were in charge I would have zero tolerance regarding this. You're just endangering the country. You cannot reform or 'rehab' them, hope you don't have to find out the hard way.

As I've mentioned before, the PAP is just a 'lite' version of the CCP, minus the Great Firewall. Everything, especially organized religions, have been contaminated, corrupted, co-opted or compromised by the regime. You see the seemingly 'neutered' Islam here and assume everything is hunky-dory.

Which country is more successful than sinkieland?