• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's kopitiam rules? Why can't I sit at tables at ANY stall?

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote from STOMP :

STOMPer Alvin and his friend had ordered their dessert from another dessert stall further away from where they were sitting and was asked to move out by the owner of the stall nearer to them.

"What are our consumer rights?",questions Alvin.

He says:

"Last week my friend and I patronised a laksa food stall at Blk 928, Yishun - a HDB ground floor coffee stall.

"After we ate our laksa, we decided to order dessert at one of the stalls within the same coffee shop.

"There are two dessert stalls and we ordered the dessert from another stall further away from where we sat.

"When we started to eat our dessert, the dessert stall owner from the stall that was closer to us, asked us to move out from the table as we did not order the dessert from him.

"What are our consumer rights on this?

"Which table can we or can we not sit at even though all the food we ordered was from the same coffeeshop?

"Are there any guidelines on this?

"I hope the relevant authority can advice on this."
--------------------------------------------------

Where is the NEA???? They responded so promptly to foreigners being overcharged in Newton. :rolleyes:

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can sit at any table you want. Next time record the harassment with your video and put on youtube. The hawker will lose his license.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hawker really narrow minded....don't order food from him..chase ppl away.
How to do business lidat???

:( :confused: :(

jw5

Loyal
Why must put on Stomp and why must complain to NEA?
Just insist on sitting wherever you like and take on the hawker if he dares to do anything.
More likely than not, he has some disagreement or competition with the other stall holder. He needs to sort out this unhappiness on himself and not take it out on the customers.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why must put on Stomp and why must complain to NEA?
Just insist on sitting wherever you like and take on the hawker if he dares to do anything.
More likely than not, he has some disagreement or competition with the other stall holder. He needs to sort out this unhappiness on himself and not take it out on the customers.

If you remember, many years back, same case happen in queestown i think, one hawker took a knife and stab the other store owner because of seats, his store no business and competitor's customer spill over to "His" seats.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good advice-just eat and don't go back to the coffeshop.The landlord should sort this out and he will when business suffers.
It is not a good idea to mess with hawkers in Singapore as many are doing it as a last resort-after being sacked/retrenched or other business has failed ( same for taxi drivers). If you are unlucky enough to meet a one who has temporary
insanity on that day, you had it.

Sithclone

Alfrescian
Loyal
why must every tiny issue be referred to the authorities? if you don't assert your rights who will? alvin deserve to be screwed.