• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Muud Maggi Goreng Costs $8.50 At Hawker Stall! Samsters Still Dare To Buy?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
maggi-goreng.jpg

Stomper shocked that his maggi goreng cost $8.50, only got 50 cents back after requesting for no egg

Many of us are familiar with maggi goreng, a coffee shop classic.

But what is the most you would pay for such a dish?

A Stomper was shocked when he was charged $8.50 for one order of maggi goreng with chicken and a fried egg from KNS Suriya Eating House at Upper Serangoon Road.

He told Stomp he ordered the meal to-go on Saturday (Oct 21) at about 8.20pm.

"When I said I don't want egg, they said it's standard," he said.

"Then I started to talk to the supervisor and they finally relented to take back the egg.

"Then when I asked for a refund (for the egg), one of the guys said no refund.

"When I asked further on why that is so, he went to ask his supervisor and gave me a refund of 50 cents.

"Can you imagine a coffee shop selling you an $8 packet of maggi goreng?

"Please go ahead and patronise this place if you are willing to be cut by them, very dishonest and uncalled for."

The Stomper further explained that he was expecting a refund of between 80 cents to $1 for the egg he didn't want.

When asked how much the maggi goreng should have been priced at, he said about $5.50.

He added: "No prices were indicated at the top board while viewing the selection of food.

"It's only when they ask you to pay at the counter then u will get a shock by the exorbitant prices.

"My moral of the story is to never never buy food from stalls when there is no display of prices or to check with them first."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...costs-850-only-got-50-cents-back-after-asking

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome to money laundering hub and money laundering hub's prices.

Enjoy the prices for now, next time they will further increase, or worse, you want to buy food but no food to sell you. I expect food rationing to make a comeback. :cool:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually he should just reject it after being asked to pay $8...After all the price was not listed...

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEA sleeping and not enforcing the law that requires hawkers to indicate the price of all food and drinks.

NEA only know how to tekan CSJ for selling books in public

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
maggi-goreng.jpg

Stomper shocked that his maggi goreng cost $8.50, only got 50 cents back after requesting for no egg

A Stomper was shocked when he was charged $8.50 for one order of maggi goreng with chicken and a fried egg from KNS Suriya Eating House at Upper Serangoon Road.

"Then I started to talk to the supervisor and they finally relented to take back the egg.

"When I asked further on why that is so, he went to ask his supervisor and gave me a refund of 50 cents.

"Please go ahead and patronise this place if you are willing to be cut by them, very dishonest and uncalled for."

The Stomper further explained that he was expecting a refund of between 80 cents to $1 for the egg he didn't want.

When asked how much the maggi goreng should have been priced at, he said about $5.50.

He added: "No prices were indicated at the top board while viewing the selection of food.

"It's only when they ask you to pay at the counter then u will get a shock by the exorbitant prices.

"My moral of the story is to never never buy food from stalls when there is no display of prices or to check with them first."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/sing...costs-850-only-got-50-cents-back-after-asking
How is it possible this crappy maggi goreng cost $8.50? Even @5 bucks I find that it's ridiculous..
Not being a cheapo or what but this is really ridiculous!

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
There isn't much skill involved in whipping up Maggi Goreng. I am able to cook a far tastier, healthier, less greasy version at home with all the prawns, fish cake and beef I wish to include for far less than $8.50 per plate.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There isn't much skill involved in whipping up Maggi Goreng. I am able to cook a far tastier, healthier, less greasy version at home with all the prawns, fish cake and beef I wish to include for far less than $8.50 per plate.

I don't see much beef or prawns or fish cakes in the maggi goreng. This must be the healthy version. That's why it costs $8.50 .

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IF don't charge this price how to aspire to stay in black and white bungalows ?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to money laundering hub and money laundering hub's prices.

Enjoy the prices for now, next time they will further increase, or worse, you want to buy food but no food to sell you. I expect food rationing to make a comeback. :cool:
Hub Concept is very good for pro business environment de woh...

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
maggi-goreng.jpg

Boss John, price must be more expensive, so that more help for the poor mah...