• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - William Dafoe's INSIDE (movie trailer)

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Rebel Riot

Rebel Riot

2 days ago (edited)
I love how this trailer is put together so I thought I'd try to take a crack at what this might possibly about: 0:08 Here we get the setting which is this particular building in the center of the screen. 0:11 The radio audio is to either be the outside police trying to get into the locked building to capture the intruder OR it's the earpiece audio the intruder (the main character) is receiving for instructions for this art theft heist probably additionally symbolizing communication between the outside world. 0:42 All the resources start to cease working which may also symbolize the feeling of desperation, panic, and crisis someone/something would feel when they're in isolation and/or danger. 1:07 Him destroying the priceless art pieces depict the drastic change in priority, needs over wants, when in a life or death situation 1:13 Him throwing an object at the window only for it to turn into a bird foreshadows the extreme measures one would go through just to escape a trapped in situation only to constantly keep proving the possibility of failure is unavoidable. 1:21 The fish sorta represents as himself in a way because fish are living in their same tank their whole lives just like how he's locked in for who knows how long but unlike him the fish gets "saved" and "put out of misery" because he kills it from it's "suffering" as he also benefits by having raw food which temporarily "saves" him until he gets worse and quite possibly dies. 1:26 Here he talks to the pigeon saying "nobody here but us pigeons" which is another way of saying "nobody's here but us" because to him he relates to the pigeons because he believes they and him are the same for both being "unimportant" to everybody else. 1:32 He "sets free" the taped guy in the picture as if it was himself. 1:39 He draws a pigeon opening it's third eye as if him and the pigeons have a spiritual bond by mind. 1:48 He then spits water specifically at the third eye to show how they're both crying on the inside. 1:55 This is definitely a nod to Willem Dafoe's iconic Green Goblin character as they coincidentally both have a thing for going insane :smile: 2:05 and finally this last line where he says "..art is for keeps" is what really interests me as this could possibly be foreshadowing that the owner who owns all those art pieces is purposely keeping the guy trapped for longer than needed so he can get the guy crazy enough to start making "art" because insane or mentally ill people tend to create the most unique abstract art. That's just my thoughts tho even though I've never been to film making classes I for some reason still have an symbolic sense of understanding