• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Very Sad: 81 yrs old retired nurse reduced to garang guni woman........

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Than run over and killed by lorry while hauling a load of cardboard in the hot sun and haze. Damn sad, 81 years old still have to work as garang guni woman. Don't tell me she got no CPF saved up? Maybe not allowed to withdraw at 81? I hate to say it when I see this sort of stories, but maybe the lorry driver did her a favour. Some asshole.....wait I think it was wooden, once said "No one will be left behind". Looks like plenty are left behind. At 81, she should be relaxing the rest of her remaining years playing with grandchildren. Not go out to the streets and make a dangerous living like that. Fucking PAP.

SINGAPORE - An 81-year-old woman was pulling a stack of cardboard sheets when she was run over by a tipper truck near the junction of Henderson Road and Jalan Bukit Merah in November last year, a coroner's inquiry found on Wednesday.

Retired nurse Chin Siat Keow died from multiple injuries in hospital about nine hours after the accident on Nov 30.

The coroner's inquiry into her death heard that tipper truck driver Toh Siong Thoh, 49, had stopped behind several unknown vehicles along Henderson Road due to the red traffic light at about 12.30pm that day.

He saw Madam Chin walking in the middle of the road against the flow of traffic and pulling a stack of cardboard along a slip road somewhere before the zebra crossing.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...-truck-road-traffic-acci#sthash.PilRIWAu.dpuf

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
An 81 year old nurse would be earning a big fat pension. There is no reason for her to be collecting cardboard scraps.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waiting for boss sam leong to come in to tell us how lucky she is.....a cement truck is a symbol of singapore's prosperity and progress so shes lucky to be killed by a cement truck......also shes lucky to be of good health and spirit to be hauling cardboard at 81 and not lieing somewhere looking like a wax dummy in a muesuem.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i think u got singapore mixed up with new zealand australia,only government officials collect pensions here.

An 81 year old ex Singaporean nurse would be on a pension scheme. I should know because my aunt is a retired nurse and she gets a monthly pension for life.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An 81 year old ex Singaporean nurse would be on a pension scheme. I should know because my aunt is a retired nurse and she gets a monthly pension for life.

my uncle is on pension too and he is a retired teacher. he isn't 81 yet.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An 81 year old nurse would be earning a big fat pension. There is no reason for her to be collecting cardboard scraps.

November 2012, she would have been born 1931, by 1961 she would started working as a nurse, let us assume that, she would have retired in 1986 or worked beyond to say 1991 (60 years old). People of those days, usually work 30 years or up to 55 years old in the same job, & beyond, is usually a year-year contract.The cut off pension scheme would have been around April 1976, if my memory serve me well, she would be on the pension scheme.

She is just a Nurse...how much pension in the number of dollars can she be collecting? not ex Ministers, Presidents..etc.. But people from that era are hard working & frugal...so they will continue to work, when they can...who knows, she may be a spinster...woman of those time..any are.

Fat Pension no.....enough to go by & may have illness etc...not enough to survive...

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously she must have gambled all her savings and CPF away...and we blamed PAP???

u are right. but she did not gamble away the money.
according to the great thinker and wealthy samleong this is not the govberment fault.
it is entirely her own doing.
she should worked smart and work hard.
by 30 she should be senior nurse , by 40 chief nurse
, at 50 should be minister for health.
too bad she did not work hard and smart as the great samleong said.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my mom's friend who now ard 70s was a ex nurse and she on pension. according to my mom, her ex nurse friend receive ard $1000+ a month from her pension. she retired as a staff nurse.

the granny who was run over by the tipper was 81yo in 2012. that would mean she retired in ard 1986. With no idea what her last drawn salary for her job grade, it rather difficult to know how much her pension was. But it cannot be great as i doubt govt pay big salary to nurses in those days as the current enrol nurse get around $1200 a month. All the nurses get the same amount despite working in different hospitals as MOH dont want the hospitals to compete for qualified nurses.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
time to wake up your idea. sinkie land never recognise talent. it's about who u know.

hard truth.

RIP

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only $1200 a month?thats kinda shyt...is enrol nurse something like when u sign on army during bmt and u get a starting pay of $1300 as a private?