• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Update on Jason Chee

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly speaking if the victim wasn't a chinese like jason chee somehow ppl would be more sympathetic. Honestly speaking i know for a fact that what i say is true. Some of you fuckers would be probably be crying and whining if he was a m&d or a shit skin.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly speaking if the victim wasn't a chinese like jason chee somehow ppl would be more sympathetic. Honestly speaking i know for a fact that what i say is true. Some of you fuckers would be probably be crying and whining if he was a m&d or a shit skin.

:confused:

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
how exactly does the gov help?

That is my question too.

Say we just treat this as a worksite accident - no emotional issues of patriotism and bravery involved - what is the liability on the part of the employer? Who pays for medical treatment, intermediate term physiotherapy sessions, longer term prosthetics, machines, etc.

I do not follow MSM, so I am not aware if there is any follow up on Jason's case. Or is it a case of time passes, and hopefully people forget?
The fact that I got this picture from TOC facebook says a great deal.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt this an accident while performing his duty? it's not bravery nor a call beyond his duty. shdnt accord him a medal

the govt shd compensate him for the injury

He was performing his duty for the country during peace time & braving the elements when the accident happened, due to some inefficiency of his colleagues..a medal, surely!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt this an accident while performing his duty? it's not bravery nor a call beyond his duty. shdnt accord him a medal

the govt shd compensate him for the injury

not all medals given by the military are for bravery. US military award the purple heart medal to all servicemen and women who got hurt in conflict. There nothing bravery in being hit by enemy fire, it just they are damned sway only. So US award the purple heart to them in recognising that they got hurt for the nation.

i donno whether SAF have similar award or medal but something should be done for ppl who was hurt while in uniform.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like this for a start: http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...emans-medical-expenses-be-fully-paid-20130106

or this: http://www.singapore.to/2012/12/military-expert-2-jason-chee/

and probably a few more if i continue searching. I would say singapore servicemen/women are pretty well covered, no?

fuck u lah pap porlumpar! this is what already in place for all servicemen! it is only just when Jason got all these compensations! i mean something out of the system! u really pap porlumpar always quote those policies already in place to glorify your pap master. hokkien said take others buttock skin to cover your face. tell ur pap master to do extra for this poor man and not use what already in place for self glorification.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck u lah pap porlumpar! this is what already in place for all servicemen! it is only just when Jason got all these compensations! i mean something out of the system! u really pap porlumpar always quote those policies already in place to glorify your pap master. hokkien said take others buttock skin to cover your face. tell ur pap master to do extra for this poor man and not use what already in place for self glorification.

You are so dumb it hurts....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't really say I sympathize with him... unlike your typical NS conscript he had signed up as a regular in the military. It's an occupational hazard, just like a construction worker falling to his death from a high platform. There are inherent risks with the job. Shit happens.

He expects to be killed or injured at war ...that's what he signed up for. not being made a paraplegic caused by malfunctioning equipment. The admirals and generals sit in cushy offices and ride around in their MINDEF issued cars and not doing their job. Someone top guy should be hanged for this.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly it's just a worksite accident.

It was a preventable accident. The equipment malfunctioned. Someone should pay for that and he should get compensation that can allow him to live a middle-class lifestyle till he dies. So far, the government has done nothing in the two areas.