• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This One's Funny: NMP Opposing NCMP

jw5

Loyal
This guy's entertainment value is good. Though most people are quite jaded by Low's slow moving sense of politics, this guy hates them with a passion and much more than old man and the PAP.

Even if you disagree with WP, just compliment them in this forum and this guy will lose his bundle.
In my opinion, Low TK has done a very good job as an opposition MP all these years.

(Now let's watch the fun.)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, despite so many people telling you, you can't seem to grasp the logic. The difference between NMP and NCMP is as different as chalk to cheese. Its not even on the same plane. I note that you like to quote other countries but I doubt you know what the significance of their model and how they are predicated.

Yes, its at the behest of the PAP. Its the PAP that run the various programs in singapore, like housing, utilites, cable, airlines etc but I am sure you are not going to boycott them and live in Pulau Ubi in a shack.

There are no world of difference in Parliament legitimately between NCMP and NMP. Both are there at the behest of PAP.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, its at the behest of the PAP. Its the PAP that run the various programs in singapore, like housing, utilites, cable, airlines etc but I am sure you are not going to boycott them and live in Pulau Ubi in a shack.

*Applause*

I wonder if these people can tell the difference between disagreeing with the scheme and disagreeing that this scheme is good or bad. For example, I disagree with my brother buying a handbag for our mother doesn't mean I disagree that a handbag is bad or buying a gift for my mother is bad. That is why most opposition disagree with the NCMP scheme but take up NCMP.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if these people can tell the difference between disagreeing with the scheme and disagreeing that this scheme is good or bad. For example, I disagree with my brother buying a handbag for our mother doesn't mean I disagree that a handbag is bad or buying a gift for my mother is bad. That is why most opposition disagree with the NCMP scheme but take up NCMP.

The way to render the NCMP scheme meaningless is by winning 9 or seats. PAP believes and it contains opposition votes, but opposition can use it to leverage exposure and increase votes in the next election. By design, no opposition could possibly support NCMP in the sense of the word support, i.e. go and rally to voters, it's a good scheme and there's no need to vote opposition full MPs anymore. The purpose of contesting election is still not to win NCMP. It's to win more full MP seats so that there's no more need for NCMP. For example, in 1991 when only 3 NCMP seats were offered, opposition won 4 full MP seats. NCMP became non-issue.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way to render the NCMP scheme meaningless is by winning 9 or seats. PAP believes and it contains opposition votes, but opposition can use it to leverage exposure and increase votes in the next election. By design, no opposition could possibly support NCMP in the sense of the word support, i.e. go and rally to voters, it's a good scheme and there's no need to vote opposition full MPs anymore. The purpose of contesting election is still not to win NCMP. It's to win more full MP seats so that there's no more need for NCMP. For example, in 1991 when only 3 NCMP seats were offered, opposition won 4 full MP seats. NCMP became non-issue.

Agree with you. Actually NCMP is a good scheme in the sense that whenever a party dominates, people are more ready to throw them out when they are lousy because they get to see NCMPs in action. Otherwise, the uncertainty of changing this dominant party is high because they have not seen anything else.

There's no such thing as NCMP makes people vote against opposition since they can have opposition without voting them. If people thought that way, they will not want opposition at all without the NCMP scheme.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese saying : 自强不息 ! meaning continuous improvement.

NCMP can be both a boon or bane to long-term Opposition's cause.

There is no substitute for a serious politician, especially in Opposition, to 'continuously' upgrade himself - his reputation, service record, public persona, grasp of economics, history, organization skills, policy issues, profile cultivation etc etc

Exploit the NCMP as a means to be elected in his own right & NOT be expoited by the NCMP Scheme ....

If lazy, greedy for limelight or going on ego trip, just loves infighting & politicking, want to be in public service & believe in loose living or living on the moral/amoral edge, then political suicide is inevitable - then turn around & cry 'I AM PERSECUTED!' ......

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, come in here & be a pundit :biggrin:, but at least be a credible one lah .... dun only one dimension kpkb non-stop & to no end.

UK Election 2010 is the best live showcase of political deal making, manoeuvers, bargains, trade-offs, compromise etc. A true test of the political acumen of the combatants....

Who can win over the Liberal Democrats & can their alliance be sustainable ?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, despite so many people telling you, you can't seem to grasp the logic. The difference between NMP and NCMP is as different as chalk to cheese. Its not even on the same plane. I note that you like to quote other countries but I doubt you know what the significance of their model and how they are predicated.

Maybe bros here think NCMP election mandate gave them some sort of legitimately in parliament. My opinion is NCMP have lost in election thus they shouldn't be in parliament at all. The way NCMP and NMP enter parliament are different but both don't represent the electorate thus they are on the same plane of real legitimately in Parliament

What about the strong mandate NCMP got? This is a plurality election, not proportional representation. If u got the highest vote among all - 70%, 51% or 35% give you 100% mandate as an elected MP. If u lose by 3 votes to your rival, it still mean u have lost and 0% peoples mandate to be in parliament.

think our oppositions should boycott NCMP but I understand they bo pian lah, better to be inside of parliament than to be shut out of it.

Last edited:

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have said many times before. It makes no difference what you and I think, its the voters that decide. The fact that you clowns can't get this basic thing right is no fault of WP, GMS or any other oppositions. Spend your time addressing the voters rather than making smart alec comments in this forum.

"Smart alec" comments? Any views in this forum contrary to that of GMS rabid mob of 5-7 miniscule fan base is "smart alec"? :confused:

Why don't you go into politics yourself instead of trying to use GMS as your puppet?

Your womanising past perhaps? :smile:

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't waste your time with this clown. This is a long running feud with WP. Its personal and clearly an obsession. This is the same bunch that paid membership to delphi and then got people banned under various excuses. No much integrity.

You can talk about politics, opposition, GMS but it will eventually home in on WP. When Sylvia made the disparaging comments at the legal conference, these guys went apeshit.

It all started with one clown who wrote an article with another clown and got fucked real bad since.

Here is a tip. You want to see this guy going apeshit, don't talk about GMS, talk about WP. Then watch the fun.

You, of all people, talk about "integrity" scroobal? Surely you know that are others out here who know your past history. No?

BTW, you seem to be going "apeshit" yourself whenever I hit the mark. No?

Anyway I posted this:

"I hope SL realises that it is equally ironic that for someone who complains about PAP MPs riding on the coattails of PAP Ministers in order to be in Parliament, she is likewise, riding on the coattails of the PAP sponsored NCMP scheme to be in Parliament."

Tell me exactly what your objections are? SL says it is "ironic". You and your 6.5 miniscule mob went on to denigrate him. I went on to state the obvious. That SL is riding on the coattails of the NCMP scheme to get into Parliament although she has previously complained about PAP MPs riding on the coattails of PAP Ministers to get in to Parliament.

Once again, what exactly are your objecting to? That it is true and shows that the PAP does not have a monopoly on hypocrisy?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspected that you did not realise the concept of proportional representation and the views expressed by the opposition. I will make it simple.

1) Not a single soul in the opposition camp has endorsed NCMP. They are against it. I hope you can tell the difference.

2) But they are not silly to give away the opportunity to rip apart policies that are wrong or unfair in their eyes in parliament.

3) It is also a golden opportunity for them to gain publicity and for Singaporeans to see if the NCMP can cut the mustard. It also shows their performance against the PAP MPs. Clearly Sylvia has outperformed most of their MPs and showed Ng Eng Hen the basics of electioneering.

In first past the post system, they have lost but many have had substantial support. Just take it that they are representing the views of those that voted for them. The PAP MP that won more than 50 % but it does not mean that rest are behind him.

Maybe bros here think NCMP election mandate gave them some sort of legitimately in parliament. My opinion is NCMP have lost in election thus they shouldn't be in parliament at all. The way NCMP and NMP enter parliament are different but both don't represent the electorate thus they are on the same plane of real legitimately in Parliament

What about the strong mandate NCMP got? This is a plurality election, not proportional representation. If u got the highest vote among all - 70%, 51% or 35% give you 100% mandate as an elected MP. If u lose by 3 votes to your rival, it still mean u have lost and 0% peoples mandate to be in parliament.

think our oppositions should boycott NCMP but I understand they bo pian lah, better to be inside of parliament than to be shut out of it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishing again are we? Seems like you are back to your hallucinating ways ie, GMS throwing hot water on old man in AMK coffeeshop.

Now you know my history. You must be referring to the time when I used to crossdress, got caught shoplifting, telling lies, declared bankrupt, fraternising with hired help, fathering kids out of wedlock, misappropriating club funds, jailed for rape, smoking pot, pedophilia etc.

You caught me out. What a smart fellow.

Since you know my history, you know jolly well that I will be rejected by the voters for giving my wife a job in the town council paid for by HDB flat owners conservancy charges in the past. What is worse, my vote count will keep dropping. I will kill myself if GMS does better than me. By the way you know the reason why I disqualified myself and I suspect the whole country knows it except for dumb ang mos.

"Smart alec" comments? Any views in this forum contrary to that of GMS rabid mob of 5-7 miniscule fan base is "smart alec"? :confused:

Why don't you go into politics yourself instead of trying to use GMS as your puppet?

Your womanising past perhaps? :smile:

You, of all people, talk about "integrity" scroobal? Surely you know that are others out here who know your past history. No?

BTW, you seem to be going "apeshit" yourself whenever I hit the mark. No?

Anyway I posted this:

"I hope SL realises that it is equally ironic that for someone who complains about PAP MPs riding on the coattails of PAP Ministers in order to be in Parliament, she is likewise, riding on the coattails of the PAP sponsored NCMP scheme to be in Parliament."

Tell me exactly what your objections are? SL says it is "ironic". You and your 6.5 miniscule mob went on to denigrate him. I went on to state the obvious. That SL is riding on the coattails of the NCMP scheme to get into Parliament although she has previously complained about PAP MPs riding on the coattails of PAP Ministers to get in to Parliament.

Once again, what exactly are your objecting to? That it is true and shows that the PAP does not have a monopoly on hypocrisy?

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was famous for posting press cuttings from the past but did so selectively so that the wrong impression would be given. When he paints himself into a corner, his favourite escape tactic is to call you dishonest. When he plays dirty, he expects you to play clean.

"Selectively" now scroobal? No more about "changing" and "editing" those press cuttings now like what you used to claimed?

Looks like you and your 6.5 mob of newbies and half-baked thugs have been allowed to take control and run riot in this new forum as the oldies of the past no longer participate here.

Anyway, you and your 6.5 mob can rest easy. Yours truly won't be posting as often and as much nowadays - too busy in Seattle. :wink: But rest assured when I do, you and your 6.5 mob will start foaming at the mouth and rediscovering the joys of the Hokkien language.

BTW, how's Julia’s Indonesian Kitchen? Food good?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike Delphi, I don't think Sam takes membership fees to personalise avatars and gives privileges in banning others. Good luck.

If you have the time, pen a few lines about the Wayang Party and Sylvia and why it sends you apeshit.

"Selectively" now scroobal? No more about "changing" and "editing" those press cuttings now like what you used to claimed?

Looks like you and your 6.5 mob of newbies and half-baked thugs have been allowed to take control and run riot in this new forum as the oldies of the past no longer participate here.

Anyway, you and your 6.5 mob can rest easy. Yours truly won't be posting as often and as much nowadays - too busy in Seattle. :wink: But rest assured when I do, you and your 6.5 mob will start foaming at the mouth and rediscovering the joys of the Hokkien language.

BTW, how's Julia’s Indonesian Kitchen? Food good?

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishing again are we? Seems like you are back to your hallucinating ways ie, GMS throwing hot water on old man in AMK coffeeshop.

Not quite sure what this "old man" thing is all about. Just like in this new forum, I don't read everything in the old forum. Otherwise I will need more than 24 hours a day in my life.

Don't worry about "fishing". I may say things just to needle you in your capacity as a cyber persona but I have already given you my word that I will not reveal what I know. I draw a line between cyberlife and a cyber persona and real life and a real person. This, needless to say, is unlike many of your 6.5 mob here who can't make that distinction.

And of course, I believe that you still go back to reservist training at your age. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be shy, reveal everything. Also , don't forget to drop by as soon as you get a new nick.

I am sure you will be back when and if Low, WP and Sylvia hit the headlines. Nothing like an obsession to keep someone excited.

Not quite sure what this "old man" thing is all about. Just like in this new forum, I don't read everything in the old forum. Otherwise I will need more than 24 hours a day in my life.

Don't worry about "fishing". I may say things just to needle you in your capacity as a cyber persona but I have already given you my wordd that I will not reveal what I know. I draw a line between cyberlife and a cyber persona and real life and a real person. This, needless to say, is unlike many of your 6.5 mob here who can't make that distinction.

And of course, I believe that you still go back to reservist training at your age. :smile:

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike Delphi, I don't think Sam takes membership fees to personalise avatars and gives privileges in banning others.

I did read about this "banning" by the gang of 4 or 5 or whatever. But I did not pay much attention to and have nothing to do with it.

If you have the time, pen a few lines about the Wayang Party and Sylvia and why it sends you apeshit.

Naahhhh...I rather spend my time sending you and your 6.5 mob into a frenzied hysteria and getting you all to foam at the mouth, finding comfort in each others arms and rediscovering the Hokkien language by doing nothing more than simply doling out facts and figures.

One such fact is, again, this very simple statement I made:

Neither you nor your 6.5 mob have been able to point out that this simple observation I made is untrue but instead went off tangent into some silly puerile rants as though those rants and Hokkien expletives are going to cause me some sort of grief.

Last edited: