• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is why LKY tell local Muslim don't be so strict!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before PAP started the Speak mandarin campaign, yes, Chinese spoke dialects with each other or at home. But with Malays, the Chinese used to speak pasar Malay to them. Malay is easy to master. Even grannies spoke Malay in thjose days. Malays do speak dialects too but a smattering. But to change that all and turn to Mandarin, even the CHinese are finding it hard, or were you blind and deaf? The old folks had it worst.

I am saying the SMC smacks of Chinese chauvinism due to the way it was being driven from on high. Blurfucks like you dont know that SMC raison-detre lay in the PAP trying to appease the unhappy Chinese-educated Chinese voters, who have been unhappy since the closure of Nantah and Chinese schools. SAP was the same tool. Please read and repeat this many times to get it that they were PAP race-based politics as you seem to be cranially decrepit before you vomit anymore govt cum.

Speaking dialects was not driven by a govt; it was the spontaneous people's choice at street level from the early days of trading between Chinese immigrants and local resdient Malays. This has evolved over long years under the British. You must be too young to understand this social dynamic.

Malays learning Mandarin? Sure, a few bad words here and there maybe, if they are not already put off by the in-your-face aggressiveness of the SMC. If Chinese have difficulty learning the language, you expect another race to learn it? What a dolt you are! You said some, yes some; but is that enough for social integration across the whole pop? Are you daft?

In those days, when govt leave the races alone to mingle with each other, Chinese and Indians treated Malays in more friendlier and abang/adek ways, with more courteousness, and there was always a good deal of community bonding as both sides. Not people like you, who never waits to lord it over to them. Chinese are great and capable in many ways sure, but they will be greater if they learn to be humble and treat their less equal brothers with maganimous gestures, not adopt an an eye for an eye attitude.

It's people liek you who have got a lot to learn about the way of PAP race politics, social graces, humility etc more than the Malays shld be learning mandarin!

You're obviously a retard and you even contridict yourself in this post. The chinese educated chinese that speak dialect don't find it hard to learn mandarin you dumb azz. It's the ENGLISH educated chinese that are a minority and even smaller minority in those days that find it difficult to master chinese not just mandarin. In those days a chinese educated chinese from a certain dialect like hokkien could understand and speak a number of dialects. Why? Cos they are dialects! The various dialects are not seperate languages and are very closely related including mandarin you idiot. :oIo: Don't make up shit like the old folks don't speak mandarin. They have problems speaking in english not mandarin understand. :oIo:

What's wrong with appeasing the chinese educated chinese that were and probably still the majority of this country? Maybe they should appease the minorities instead. :rolleyes:

In short what's wrong with chinese learning a chinese language? You rather the chinese not learn their mother tongue but a totally different language like malay? Fuck you understand. Mandarin and teochew and so on are all closely related okay you dumb piece of lying shit.

I suggested the malays learn mandarin cos firstly they are a minority here and secondly they are a minority the world over. There are more chinese and china and taiwan, hk are all better off than malaysia. Anyway who's forcing the malays to learn mandarin? The last i checked they still learn malay so what are you bitching about?

Oh please stop making up lies The chinese have been maganimous enough. Malay is the national language of this country, the army commands and so on are all in malay. Very maganimous i must say. The chinese have always been bending backwards to appease the malays all the time. What more do you want? You just want to demand more and more and find all sorts of stupid riddiculous reasonings like chinese are not learning their mother tongue when dialects are so closely related.

I also noticed that there are "malays" here with indonesian ancestry like javanese for eg. Now let me inform a pea brain like you that javanese ppl aren't malays and their language javanese isn't malay. Yet guess what language do javanese singaporeans learn? Malay. Can the javanese use the same logic that malay isn't their MT just like what brow beating retards like you have always been ranting about learning mandarin rather than the dialects? Care to explain to me why are these double standards perpetuated? The same applies to malayee indians that learn tamil but they're not tamils so why should they learn tamil but yet you don't feel indignant for them?

Lastly don't even talk about what social dynamics and crap under the british. During those days they didn't even consider themselves a seperate nation. It all changed after sg's independence.

Answer me this: It's ok for the chinese to not learn their MT but learn a language totally different from chinese but when you ask the malays to do likewise that's an unspeakable crime correct? Ppl like you are full of contridictions.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find there're two things good about speaking Mandarin:

1. Facilitates schooling and learning, i.e. the speech matches the script.

2. Weeding out dialectal vulgarities, especially Hokkien.

Anyway, it's an ethnic Chinese matter. Nobody's forcing non-Chinese to learn Mandarin, just like nobody's forcing them to learn Chinese dialects in the past. Chinese can still learn to speak pasar Malay if they want to and have the environment to. It's not the speak Mandarin campaigns that lowered the number of Chinese speaking Malay, it's the HDB population redistribution quota policy.

Glad you can see this ram yet these fools that are probably clones of scroobal and kingrant don't see it. I can bet that bullfrog is a clone of either of them. His arguments are exactly the same as theirs and that has already been discussed to death in the other thread.

Seriously are the non chinese forced to speak mandarin? Nope.

Anyway these ppl somehow want the chinese as usual to give way to learn malay language instead despite being the majority in this country so as to facilitate social integration. :rolleyes:

Why not get the malays to learn mandarin? WTF and then the malays lose their own heritage? :eek: Lord forbid but it's okay for a chinese to lose his heritage instead. :rolleyes:

Even dares ask the chinese again as usual to be maganimous. Yup everyone else doesn't need to be but the chinese.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are really a piece of racist shit, blind and deaf. Feedbacks from various sources and the press have already indicated that when dialect shows and TV programs were withdrawn, there was hoohah over this from the older generations. Mind you, older gens who were also Chinese-educated, not English-educated. Parents have also wirtten in complainng abt their children not being able to relate/converse with their grandparents. Do you ever read, dumbass of a deaf frog?

The fact that you mentioned only the English-educated adults have difficulty shows that you must be a still wet behind yr ears post-65er. Yr history is as shallow as yr roots.

Dialects mostly use the same written characters and words as Mandarin, but spoken teochew = Mandarin? LOL. spoekn Hokkien = Mandarin? ROTFL! Hey, do you really know what are dialects or ever spoke them or you just pretend you know? Have you ever heard a grandma communicating effectively with a PRC in Manadrin? A chicken and a duck, I assure you.

Arguing that Malays shld learn Mandarin to converse with Chinese because Chinese speak it among themselves just shows what a political dumbass you are. Malays can and shld speak English and Mandarin-speaking Chinese shld revert to English when talking to malays! That was the way it was during dialect days.

Really, it is not who is not talking to who in what language. It is a fact that the the malay community found the SMC and SAP policies offensive and insensitively handled and driven. Language issues are not just that, language issues; but they are closely tied to cultural issues. Raising the Chinese language profile has resulted in heightened Chinese cultural onslaught on other minorities who have the share the same official and social space. It was a govt driven by party politics trying to appease followers of and mitigate the smouldering ashes of fallen old political enemies. No wonder the Malays are withdrawing into their shells, or adopting hardline stances and pushing back by refusing to cooperate with the govt on many fronts. And we wonder why they are not integrating.

Singapore cannot isolate itself from the region whilst connecting with China. Singaporeans will do better learning to speak at least a fair dinkum of Malay (which is really not that difficult to learn cf. to Mandarin) to relate with our neighbours. It is also a pipedream that Mandarin carries you farther in China. Life's not like that. In China, it is more abt guanxi, not whether you speak Mandarin. If you can speak Shanghainese with the Shanghainese in China, you are one up on the chap who coudl only stutter with his Mandarin. If you can speak Cantonese in HK, you are also one up. Ditto in Guangdong. Worse, if he couldnt even understand nuances in idioms and simple proverbs, no matter how fluent is his Mandarin.

So grow up or wake up, open yr eyes, travel and see the world. Dont be a deaf frog in a small well.

You're obviously a retard and you even contridict yourself in this post. The chinese educated chinese that speak dialect don't find it hard to learn mandarin you dumb azz. It's the ENGLISH educated chinese that are a minority and even smaller minority in those days that find it difficult to master chinese not just mandarin. In those days a chinese educated chinese from a certain dialect like hokkien could understand and speak a number of dialects. Why? Cos they are dialects! The various dialects are not seperate languages and are very closely related including mandarin you idiot. :oIo: Don't make up shit like the old folks don't speak mandarin. They have problems speaking in english not mandarin understand. :oIo:

What's wrong with appeasing the chinese educated chinese that were and probably still the majority of this country? Maybe they should appease the minorities instead. :rolleyes:

In short what's wrong with chinese learning a chinese language? You rather the chinese not learn their mother tongue but a totally different language like malay? Fuck you understand. Mandarin and teochew and so on are all closely related okay you dumb piece of lying shit.

I suggested the malays learn mandarin cos firstly they are a minority here and secondly they are a minority the world over. There are more chinese and china and taiwan, hk are all better off than malaysia. Anyway who's forcing the malays to learn mandarin? The last i checked they still learn malay so what are you bitching about?

Oh please stop making up lies The chinese have been maganimous enough. Malay is the nationality language of this country, the army commands and so on are all in malay. Very maganimous i must say. The chinese have always been bending backwards to appease the malays all the time. What more do you want? You just want to demand more and more and find all sorts of stupid riddiculous reasonings like chinese are not learning their mother tongue when dialects are so closely related.

I also noticed that there are "malays" here with indonesian ancestry like javanese for eg. Now let me inform a pea brain like you that javanese ppl aren't malays and their language javanese isn't malay. Yet guess what language do javanese singaporeans learn? Malay. Can the javanese use the same logic that malay isn't their MT just like what brow beating retards like you have always been ranting about learning mandarin rather than the dialects? Care to explain to me why are these double standards perpetuated? The same applies to malayee indians that learn tamil but they're not tamils so why should they learn tamil but yet you don't feel indignant for them?

Lastly don't even talk about what social dynamics and crap under the british. During those days they didn't even consider themselves a seperate nation. It all changed after sg's independence.

Answer me this: It's ok for the chinese to not learn their MT but learn a language totally different from chinese but when you ask the malays to do likewise that's an unspeakable crime correct? Ppl like you are full of contridictions.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad you can see this ram yet these fools that are probably clones of scroobal and kingrant don't see it. I can bet that bullfrog is a clone of either of them. His arguments are exactly the same as theirs and that has already been discussed to death in the other thread.

Trying to suck up huh? Just cos they have been discussed to death doesnt mean that yr pov carries the day, does it?

Seriously are the non chinese forced to speak mandarin? Nope.

Dont even think it! Leave things as they are. To hell with Mandarin. Stay with dialects. Those who want to learn Mandrin can learn on their own, privately.

Anyway these ppl somehow want the chinese as usual to give way to learn malay language instead despite being the majority in this country so as to facilitate social integration. :rolleyes:

Then what the hell do you think Article 152 is for? Some Chinese cooking recipe?

Lord forbid but it's okay for a chinese to lose his heritage instead. :rolleyes:

Dialects have more roots than Mandarin, you dumbfuck. Mandarin is also not spoken widely across all of China. Go west. Go down to the villages next time, dont just float around the pubs or coffeehouses in Shenzhen and pretend you know China. Our Chinese ancestors of those olde timers like me are traceable back to province, district and even village. The people still speak dialects. Even the cities younger set are learning English.

Even dares ask the chinese again as usual to be maganimous. Yup everyone else doesn't need to be but the chinese.

Pompous dumbass!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really wonder why is it so easy to radicalise muslims. Can a radical buddhist go into poor buddhist countries like laos, burma etc and get those buddhists there to kill themselves in the name of buddha?

Buddhists don't go around killing and eating animals, what more human beings? They don't have to kill any animals to "sacrifice" for their god or religion unlike others.

There is nothing wrong with religion - but definitely wrong with people practising religions.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are really a piece of racist shit, blind and deaf. Feedbacks from various sources and the press have already indicated that when dialect shows and TV programs were withdrawn, there was hoohah over this from the older generations. Mind you, older gens who were also Chinese-educated, not English-educated. Parents have also wirtten in complainng abt their children not being able to relate/converse with their grandparents. Do you ever read, dumbass of a deaf frog?

The fact that you mentioned only the English-educated adults have difficulty shows that you must be a still wet behind yr ears post-65er. Yr history is as shallow as yr roots.

Dialects mostly use the same written characters and words as Mandarin, but teochew = Mandarin? LOL. Hokkien = Mandarin? ROTFL! Hey, do you really know what are dialects or ever spoke them or you just pretend you know? Have you ever heard a grandma communicating effectively with a PRC in Manadrin? A chicken and a duck, I assure you.

Arguing that Malays shld learn Mandarin to converse with Chinese because Chinese speak it among themselves just shows what a political dumbass you are. Malays can and shld speak English and Mandarin-speaking Chinese shld revert to English when talking to malays! That was the way it was during dialect days.

Really, it is not who is not talking to who in what language. It is a fact that the the malay community found the SMC and SAP policies offensive and insensitively handled and driven. Language issues are not just that, language issues; but they are closely tied to cultural issues. Raising the Chinese language profile has resulted in heightened Chinese cultural onslaught on other minorities who have the share the same official and social space. It was a govt driven by party politics trying to appease followers of and mitigate the smouldering ashes of fallen old political enemies. No wonder the Malays are withdrawing into their shells, or adopting hardline stances and pushing back by refusing to cooperate with the govt on many fronts. And we wonder why they are not integrating.

Singapore cannot isolate itself from the region whilst connecting with China. Singaporeans will do better learning to speak at least a fair dinkum of Malay (which is really not that difficult to learn cf. to Mandarin) to relate with our neighbours. It is also a pipedream that Mandarin carries you farther in China. Life's not like that. In China, it is more abt guanxi, not whether you speak Mandarin. If you can speak Shanghainese with the Shanghainese in China, you are one up on the chap who coudl only stutter with his Mandarin. If you can speak Cantonese in HK, you are also one up. Ditto in Guangdong. Worse, if he couldnt even understand nuances in idioms and simple proverbs, no matter how fluent is his Mandarin.

So grow up or wake up, open yr eyes, travel and see the world. Dont be a deaf frog in a small well.

Hohoho, so you must be some grand uncle talking about something that occured ages ago. Pls retard what do the complaints have to do with the proficiency of the chinese educated in learning mandarin? Fast forward from the 70s to the 80s 90s and today we have all managed fine without showing dialect on tv and just tv only. Dialect is shown on local movies with vulgarities added in like in the movie 15 for eg. Btw don't pull a fast one by saying the grandchildren of today cannot relate to their grandparents cos of the speak mandarin campaign. It's rather english that prevents them from speaking to their grandparents not mandarin. Btw more and more youngsters today converse in english rather than mandarin and i am sure that's alienating them from their grandparents and even parents. What do you have to say about that? No problem right? Since it's english it's okay but in your warped mind if mandarin is the culprit then it's a problem am i right? :rolleyes:

Hey you dumb piece of shit when did i ever state teochew = mandarin? Don't pull a fast one asshole. Yes idiot i have seen local grandmas argue with china women in mandarin. :rolleyes: I wonder which planet do you come from. The chinese educated in sg can speak mandarin. :rolleyes: Even the hongkies that speak cantonese everyday can speak mandarin. You're a real joke, if the older generation cannot speak mandarin how do you explain so many old men here that hook up and hang out with prc women? You're really dumb.

As for the malays learning mandarin part. Wrong. You're the one that was insisting that the chinese speak malay despite being the majority in this country. Oh so now it's speak english. Well since when have the malays ever been forced to speak mandarin? I can see you're quite the snake. Btw idiot what can of logic is "that was the way it was during dialect days?" All cos it occured during that period in time doesn't mean it should remain perpetually so. I guess policemen should still wear shorts, women should not go to school cos that's how it was like during dialect days. :rolleyes:

Wow chinese cultural onslaught :eek: Wow i really love your choice of words. With those words i see huge groups of angry chinese grabbing huge banners in chinese chanting out down with malays, down with indians and tamil let them speak chinese let's force them to speak chinese! :rolleyes: You piece of shit malays and indians are still learning their own languages respectively so what you have written is essentially drivel.

Hey idiot the last time i checked nobody's stopping a malay from enrolling in a religious school. You pile of cow dung stop placing the blame unto others. It takes both hands to clap and if the malays don't want to integrate it's their fault not others.

FYI indonesians don't speak malay. I find it a real joke that you say singapore cannot isolate itself from the region but it's okay for a certain segment of the population that's living in the very same country as the majority to isoloate itself from the majority. Care to ponder on that?

Oh yes sure sure i do know about guanxi but then again here's the facts. If you can speak mandarin you'll be able to communicate with the china chinese better much much better. It's much better than not speaking the language right? Are you that stupid to not even realise this? Btw i would love to follow your logic and ask you this. Why should non singaporean malays learn malay? Malaysian malays don't care whether you speak their language or not. They use guanxi (pre-bumi) to see who is successful or not. I'm following the same exact logic as you here. Care to explain the diff here for me?

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont know what gibberish you are uttering here. Both shld be speaking English to one anotehr.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dialects mostly use the same written characters and words as Mandarin, but spoken teochew = Mandarin? LOL. spoekn Hokkien = Mandarin? ROTFL! Hey, do you really know what are dialects or ever spoke them or you just pretend you know?

From this i know you are dishonest. You love to change what others have written. I went back to read that post and i never ever stated that teochew or some other dialect = mandarin. I did say they are closely related.

You also made up BS about the older generation not knowing how to speak mandarin. :rolleyes: What a crock of shit. Have you ever lived in singapore i wonder. Old white haired grandmas and grandpas can speak mandarin.

You're a very dishonest piece of crap.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont know what gibberish you are uttering here. Both shld be speaking English to one anotehr.

Wow so now you're acting blur. Weren't you insisting that the chinese actually learn malay? :rolleyes:

So now you pretend you did not write that and change your tune? HAHA dishonest fella. :oIo:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont even think it! Leave things as they are. To hell with Mandarin. Stay with dialects. Those who want to learn Mandrin can learn on their own, privately.

Then what the hell do you think Article 152 is for? Some Chinese cooking recipe?

Dialects have more roots than Mandarin, you dumbfuck. Mandarin is also not spoken widely across all of China.

...... drivel

Here's something i find amusing. You mentioned that it was the chinese educated that pressured lky to set up the speak mandarin campaign. Aren't the chinese educated from all the various dialect groups? Care to explain this to me? Therefore wasn't it the various chinese groups that actually wanted the chinese to learn mandarin? :rolleyes:

Article 152 doesn't involve the speak mandarin campaign. The national language of this country is malay and so is the anthem what's your problem now asshole?

Now you go off tangent and talk crap about dialects having more roots than mandarin and blah blah. Hey idiot why not you use that reasoning to the china chinese? Btw do you know which language is the most widely spoken in europe? English. Do you know that greek has deeper roots than english and so does latin so why is english the most widely spoken language even in europe? :rolleyes: Hey no shit sherlock each region of china has their own dialect but everyone needs to speak a certain dialect so that everyone can communicate with one another correct? So use what dialect? Not mandarin? Use english instead? :rolleyes:

I know snakes like you will try to pull a fast one.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mandarin has been the official language in Chinese education for Chinese in Singapore and Malaysia since Sir Stamford Raffles and British Malaya days. Dialects were and are still supposed to be spoken at home and among kins, if so desired. Not the other way around where it's suggested that dialects are official and Mandarin should be learned privately. There're only three written Chinese systemised scripts left now, Mandarin (of course), Cantonese (because of HK) and Taiwanese (a.k.a. Minanese or Fujianese or Hokkien). Read some HK magazines or newspapers, sing to some Taiwan karaoke DVDs and anyone who can read Chinese characters would notice the difference, but also could figure out the difference and adapt quickly.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mandarin has been the official language in Chinese education for Chinese in Singapore and Malaysia since Sir Stamford Raffles and British Malaya days. Dialects were and are still supposed to be spoken at home and among kins, if so desired. Not the other way around where it's suggested that dialects are official and Mandarin should be learned privately. There're only three written Chinese scripts left now, Mandarin (of course), Cantonese (because of HK) and Taiwanese (a.k.a. Minanese or Fujianese or Hokkien). Read some HK magazines or newspapers, sing to some Taiwan karaoke DVDs and anyone who can read Chinese characters would notice the difference, but also could figure out the difference and adapt quickly.

Oh i wasn't aware of this. So that was the case even during the very old days. That bullfrog was chatting bull crap trying to pull fast ones like dialect speaking old ppl cannot communicate with mandarin speaking prcs in singapore. Seriously which planet does it live in? As far as i can remember it was always chinese educated vs english educated. Since when did a hokkien peng for eg ever complain about a mandarin speaking person? It was always chinese vs english.

From this i can conclude wat this bullcrap's agenda is. Prevent the chinese from unifying. Reminds me of the methods the british empire used to fight against the natives of various countries. Divide and conquer.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese of all dialects can understand each other by adapted understanding strung together through a mostly common script of Chinese characters for thousands of years. The complexity of Chinese characters served that purpose well.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool down, get a hold of yrself and yr facts straight. There are just too many errors of fact in yr gibberish that's just straying off the main pt. you dont accept political realities and that is preventing you from getting the whole picture. you are better off mouthing profanities to cover up yr inadequate constant drivel (haha, I must be kingrant clone then. Btw, I dont need to seek solace and collaboration from others). The number of profanities seems to be inversely proportional to yr facts amd logic.

Hohoho, so you must be some grand uncle talking about something that occured ages ago. Pls retard what do the complaints have to do with the proficiency of the chinese educated in learning mandarin? Fast forward from the 70s to the 80s 90s and today we have all managed fine without showing dialect on tv and just tv only. Dialect is shown on local movies with vulgarities added in like in the movie 15 for eg. Btw don't pull a fast one by saying the grandchildren of today cannot relate to their grandparents cos of the speak mandarin campaign. It's rather english that prevents them from speaking to their grandparents not mandarin. Btw more and more youngsters today converse in english rather than mandarin and i am sure that's alienating them from their grandparents and even parents. What do you have to say about that? No problem right? Since it's english it's okay but in your warped mind if mandarin is the culprit then it's a problem am i right? :rolleyes:

Hey you dumb piece of shit when did i ever state teochew = mandarin? Don't pull a fast one asshole. Yes idiot i have seen local grandmas argue with china women in mandarin. :rolleyes: I wonder which planet do you come from. The chinese educated in sg can speak mandarin. :rolleyes: Even the hongkies that speak cantonese everyday can speak mandarin. You're a real joke, if the older generation cannot speak mandarin how do you explain so many old men here that hook up and hang out with prc women? You're really dumb.

As for the malays learning mandarin part. Wrong. You're the one that was insisting that the chinese speak malay despite being the majority in this country. Oh so now it's speak english. Well since when have the malays ever been forced to speak mandarin? I can see you're quite the snake. Btw idiot what can of logic is "that was the way it was during dialect days?" All cos it occured during that period in time doesn't mean it should remain perpetually so. I guess policemen should still wear shorts, women should not go to school cos that's how it was like during dialect days. :rolleyes:

Wow chinese cultural onslaught :eek: Wow i really love your choice of words. With those words i see huge groups of angry chinese grabbing huge banners in chinese chanting out down with malays, down with indians and tamil let them speak chinese let's force them to speak chinese! :rolleyes: You piece of shit malays and indians are still learning their own languages respectively so what you have written is essentially drivel.

Hey idiot the last time i checked nobody's stopping a malay from enrolling in a religious school. You pile of cow dung stop placing the blame unto others. It takes both hands to clap and if the malays don't want to integrate it's their fault not others.

FYI indonesians don't speak malay. I find it a real joke that you say singapore cannot isolate itself from the region but it's okay for a certain segment of the population that's living in the very same country as the majority to isoloate itself from the majority. Care to ponder on that?

Oh yes sure sure i do know about guanxi but then again here's the facts. If you can speak mandarin you'll be able to communicate with the china chinese better much much better. It's much better than not speaking the language right? Are you that stupid to not even realise this? Btw i would love to follow your logic and ask you this. Why should non singaporean malays learn malay? Malaysian malays don't care whether you speak their language or not. They use guanxi (pre-bumi) to see who is successful or not. I'm following the same exact logic as you here. Care to explain the diff here for me?

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have Malay friends and I realised that they always say people do not make an effort to understand Islam but I realised that they are the ones who are not bothered to understand other race and religion. When I ask why? They say Haram.

If you dun even try to understand the race or religion, then how to integrate?

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case, I would try my best to relate in a social manner, be friendly and not venture into arguments on religion. Be nice, warm and sincere, and helpful. Most of all, I think all races should be sensitive towards one another. at the end of the day, it's give and take. Ordinary citizens of all races must also decode when politicians are just playing games with race, religion and language.

I have Malay friends and I realised that they always say people do not make an effort to understand Islam but I realised that they are the ones who are not bothered to understand other race and religion. When I ask why? They say Haram.

If you dun even try to understand the race or religion, then how to integrate?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of all, I think all races should be sensitive towards one another. at the end of the day, it's give and take.

Yes, give and take, but the problem with Muslim is they expect you to give and they only take. That's where the problem is.

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Muslim friends and I had discussed on religion previously. It started out as a very open talk where I would ask questions which I had doubt but after a while, they become personal and I decided to terminate the discussion.

How to integrate when you're so strict to a point that it cannot even withstand an open discussion?

In that case, I would try my best to relate in a social manner, be friendly and not venture into arguments on religion. Be nice, warm and sincere, and helpful. Most of all, I think all races should be sensitive towards one another. at the end of the day, it's give and take. Ordinary citizens of all races must also decode when politicians are just playing games with race, religion and language.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Muslim friends and I had discussed on religion previously. It started out as a very open talk where I would ask questions which I had doubt but after a while, they become personal and I decided to terminate the discussion.

How to integrate when you're so strict to a point that it cannot even withstand an open discussion?

muslims are a bunch of hypocrites. i am glad that i do not have any muslims frens. too bad i still have some malay collegues and subordinates.

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Dun generalise them. I have a few who are sincere nice people but these I cannot have discussion on religion with because.....

they drink, smoke and gamble. But I always enjoy their company and they are such great friends.

muslims are a bunch of hypocrites. i am glad that i do not have any muslims frens. too bad i still have some malay collegues and subordinates.