• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Things to be thankful for in S'pore

White Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things to be thankful for in S'pore

Letter from Daniel Koh Kah Soon
04:45 AM Aug 11, 2011

Despite some changes in the political scene, post-General Election, and some unease over where Singapore may be heading, there are many reasons for Singaporeans like myself to rejoice and be thankful.

While there is a need to address genuine worries of job security and widening income disparity, we generally do not have too many people unemployed.

While there is a need to attend to the rising cost of living, particularly worries about housing affordability, we do not have people sleeping long-term in our streets, and there is a clear effort to build more apartments and improve policies governing purchase of public housing flats.

While there is a constant need to arrest the worrisome cost of healthcare, our hospitals have excellent medical staff and facilities, and dependable healthcare is relatively accessible.

While the world continues to be threatened by social unrest and high crime rates, we live in a relatively safe place and can still venture out past midnight without fear of being mugged.

While some parts of the world are deeply divided along religious and racial lines, we have neighbours and even family members who hold different religious views. Yet we can live in peace with one another, at the same time respecting each other's right to religious belief.

No one will be completely happy with where Singapore is today. But we do have good reasons to be thankful, and I have listed some of mine.

Happy Birthday, Singapore.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Civil servant like you should not steal time off from work to surf sammyboy unless you are .................... :biggrin:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTEwe have neighbours and even family members who hold different religious views. Yet we can live in peace with one another, at the same time respecting each other's right to religious belief][/QUOTE]

Try having a fucktard PR family from India as your next door neighbour with their 2 noisy iritating bastard kids running outside your corridors shouting and screaming nearly every god damn day and tell me whether you can live in peace for a day...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things to be thankful for on Earth, by Sense and Sensibility:

A-Previous-Human-Life.gif

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. i am damn "tankful" that sheep screwed common sheep big time daily.
2. equally "tankful" for the multi-million salary sheep for doing nothing.
3. most "tankful" for the circus of clowns, crying sheep & clueless dogs that blah.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neither thankful nor remorseful for me.....it's just a sml island country governed by an iron-fisted regime! If u're born here, u get used to the mundane things in life here(u get numbed afterwards)! No big deal....relatives in Oz ever asked me, wat country is tat, paying thousands of dollars to the COE n just to own a car? Which I could hardly explain to them...hahaha!

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thou I am not a strong supporter of the present govt. and its hard and fast rules I am grateful for 5 thing that singapore have.
1. A very reliable transport system. Mind you I say reliable not efficient. 99% of the time I can time my watch on the arrival of the trains and time take from destination A to B.
2. The lawfulness of its citizens. Mostly all barks and no bites unlike some countries just bite and no barks.
3. I am safe any time of the day or night. Have you ever been to a 1st world country and got stopped by the cops after a late night party and asked " WTF is a ching like you doing in a place like this? Having a death wish? "
4. Everything works. I have never encountered bathing halfway and the water supply gets shut off or watching TV halfway and the power goes off.
And finally
5. I get a peaceful nights sleep knowing that in the middle of the night I won't get rapped or murdered by some nutcase.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like everything about SG, but you have to pay a price for it, so nothing to praise, it sucks, lol

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
and not forget singapore is an extremely small country compared to the rest...........switzerland is very safe as well..

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Harry still rule the island ( we are not a nation yet ) with a hatchet after 46 f**king years :oIo:
Harry doesn't really know when to quit eh ?
:rolleyes: