• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Jiakliaobee Old Fart Sinkies Complaining about Rising Costs of Living, Really Karma LOL!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All the electricity bills, council rate, home insurance for a family of 3 will add up to about how much per mth?

Electricity $400 pm in summer $600 in winter with electrical heating.
Water $150 per month.
Council rates $500 per month.
Home and content insurance $300 to $600 per month depending on value of house and other risk factors eg earthquake zones are higher, coastal properties higher.
Health insurance $1000 per month for old farts $500 per month for young couple.

Have not even started to add food, transport etc.

It is possible to survive without health insurance and rely on the public health service but the waiting time can stretch from months to years for elective surgery eg hip replacement or hernia operation. By the time your turn comes round you're dead!

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water $150 per month.
Home and content insurance $300 to $600 per month depending on value of house and other risk factors eg earthquake zones are higher, coastal properties higher.

It is possible to survive without health insurance and rely on the public health service but the waiting time can stretch from months to years for elective surgery eg hip replacement or hernia operation. By the time your turn comes round you're dead!
Wow how come council rate $500? Is pay for what? Sg only $50.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Wow how come council rate $500? Is pay for what? Sg only $50.

Road maintenance, rubbish collection, recycling bin collection, mowing the grass in common areas, library, public swimming pool, footpath maintenance, climate change mitigation projects and other bullshit.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water $150 per month.

Food ish not cheap

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
My annual outgoings for a pretty average lifestyle come to about $150,000 per year. That's more than $12,000 per month. Go figure.

NZ is a very expensive country.
Yeah...AMDK countries is not cheap.
20yrs ago, I worked in Eu for few winters

I was shocked to find out my electric bill is 300euro and 100euro for heating gas for 3 person.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yeah...AMDK countries is not cheap.
20yrs ago, I worked in Eu for few winters

I was shocked to find out my electric bill is 300euro and 100euro for heating gas for 3 person.

Sinkies don't realise just how lucky they are thanks to the PAP!

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
My annual outgoings for a pretty average lifestyle come to about $150,000 per year. That's more than $12,000 per month. Go figure.

NZ is a very expensive country.
Mean the citizen there must be earning quite a lot to be able to survive there? Also all those HWV tourist can earn enough to survive?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Mean the citizen there must be earning quite a lot to be able to survive there? Also all those HWV tourist can earn enough to survive?

Many find it very hard to survive. Life in NZ is a lot harder compared to Singapore and this is because NZ does not have the PAP looking after the country.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
kkLzuGL.gif

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water $150 per month.

No wonder all the kiwis are coming to West Island...aka Kangaroo Land

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Practice meritocracy. If SG no good, go where is best. SG is not North Korea. We can leave. Make room for the hungry young wolves from ASSean, Tiongcock or Ceca

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
So other kangaroo states is better than WA?

I didn't say that. I comment on places where I have first hand local knowledge about what is going on. I have nothing to say about other states because I don't know what the cost of living is like in those places.

Could be the same, better or worse.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't say that. I comment on places where I have first hand local knowledge about what is going on. I have nothing to say about other states because I don't know what the cost of living is like in those places.

Could be the same, better or worse.
I don't see how WA is just as bad as New Zealand. So please elaborate