• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Teo Chew factor not in MP GRC...

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking the same dialect does helps to build rapport particularly so amongst the older voters. In mp GRC the demographic is different. U have quite a large number of English speaking and peranakan voters.

Looking at the numbers and voters structure, in order for WP to have a chance of hitting the 50% mark, they need to capture at least 1/3 middle ground and 1/3 apathy votes combine with the opposition supporter base supporters. 3cf can only erode part of the opposition voters away. Team WP needs a very good candidate with impressive credential to attract the middle ground voters and at the moment I couldn't think of anyone more suitable than Leon perera in terms of background and credential.

Other than this YJJ is the workhorse to win the ground and draw the apathy voters in. If he said he started groundworks in mp GRC more than a year ago, then I assume his JC smc is well covered. The focus will very much be on other areas that have yet to cover.

Of course it will be desirable to have a younger candidate to woo the younger voters. Daniel goh perhaps?

Who is this Leon peraria?

Come on lah...don't give me some smelly prawn candidate lah.

The MP GRC must be SL , CSM and of course YJJ who got close to 48% in the last Joo Chiat fight. And NO 3CF!

Then pappy will shit in their pants on counting night! LoLoLoL

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I said. You need a strong if not stronger WP team than Aljunied to take out MP GRC. As you know, this was a TEST constituency once, where the PAP wanted to show HOW popular they are, by using MP as a confirmation point.

Take this out and the rest will fall.

Yes. For MP, you need a stronger WP team than Aljunied. Same goes if WP wants to makan LHL, TCH and Tharman. East Coast? A team of WP 2011 or slightly weaker should be able to overcome the odds.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with 3CF, not a problem. Btw, shitting in pants starts from Nomination Day not counting night.

I based my observation on the Georgie Yeo effect...as I saw then he was so confident, together with the 2 bitches when counting started until the counting started to end, then I can really see he had a 'Lau Sigh' face while the other 2 bitches was like having urinary incontinence! LoLoLoLoL

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think a number of you are wrong. Just because it call Marine Parade GRC DO NOT mean every residents live in MP itself. Don't forget, MP grc stretches till central of the island to serangoon central which was call braddell heights in the past. why was braddell heights inside MP grc in the first place? Before Braddell Heights was absorbed into 6 member MP grc in 1997, SDP candidate Sin Kek Tong achieve 40+% in both 1988 & 1991 GE. In fact it only need another 600 votes for Mr Sin to achieve victory. Braddell Heights is consider a "orh khoo" (black district). With this sort of voter base in mp grc, all wp or any opposition party need is to give it a big push and pap house of cards in MP will fall. ah goh electoral division maybe hard to win because the residents consider themselves atas but the rest of the electoral divisions still got chance. let woody win 70% in his own electoral division but wp/other AP can win the other 3 seats at 49-55% plus 55-58% at braddell heights and Joo Chiat and win the whole grc. GRC systems got its pro and con, either win big or lose big. It achievable as I remember current SDP mohd jurfi when under WP flag also received 40+% of the votes at kg kembangan in the 1991.

Not all hdb heartlanders as kam lan as those idiots who live in MP hdb. A fine example is Hougang where 90% of the voters live in hdb flats. Bro Zhihua, MP hdb dwellers are not important as long WP can win other electoral divisions can liao.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Folks in Pte estates got MORE BALLS is it? Or is it they don't fuck care what Pappy rebates, GST vouchers or what fuck candy to tempt them?

These folks don't get any rebate or GST vouchers, do they?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
These folks don't get any rebate or GST vouchers, do they?

Aww, come on Zhihau..you know all these false wayang shows...give pte estate $200 freaking rebate to buy toilet roll to wipe backside?

Sinkie in HDBs ghetto should not have 'brought into' all these 'scams by the Pappy..

I give you 'discount, rebates, vouchers, subsidies and whats not but I raise the standard of living way out of your affordability and I pay myself multi-millions of dollars! LoLoLoL