• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The reasons I am emigrating

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>Singaporesuf <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>3:17 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 13) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>40949.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>I love Singapore.
Singapore is where I grew up. Singapore is where my family and friends are. Singapore is where I have called home for over three decades.
I am not emigrating to avoid my citizenship responsibilities. I have served and completed my full time National Service. I pay both my income and consumption taxes to the full extent required by the law. I have obeyed the laws of Singapore. I am not under persecution and enjoy many freedoms.
I am considering emigration for economic reasons. I am emigrating because I wish economic security. Because I believe that the welfare of citizens should not be sacrificed on the altar of rapid economic growth. Because I believe age discrimination is wrong. Because I fear economic non-viability above the age of forty. Because I fear dying old, sick and destitute when I am unable to afford medical care in a society with no social safety net. Because I actually want to be a property owner and not a technical leaseholder. I am considering emigration because I ignore the mass media propaganda and try to actually understand the economic viability of immobile citizens in a topdown-managed tiny nation state in a rapidly changing world.
I am considering emigration for political reasons. I am emigrating because I wish to participate in civil society without having to register a political party. Because I reject the idea of political OB markers. Because I believe citizens (not PRs or foreigners) should have the primary influence in the running of the country. Because I believe a government should serve the citizen, and not rule the citizen. Because I want to live in a democracy, not a oligarchy. Because I believe a free press having their hidden agendas but that agenda should never blindly echo that of the ruling party in government. I am considering emigration because I want to be able to express my love and affection for my country without immediately being scrutinised for a political agenda.
I am considering emigration for personal reasons. I am emigrating because I love long roadtrips, even though I have no interest in cars. Because mountains and cliffs and wide open beaches stir my soul. Because I want to see sparkly stars at night and fluffy clouds in the day right on the horizon. Because every place I hold close to my heart in Singapore is rapidly being torn down, redeveloped and upgraded into glitzy souless tourist attractions. I am considering emigration because I want to be where being a little offbeat, weird, odd or downright quirky is acceptable.
I am considering emigration because I am not wanted in Singapore. Because when a government acts like a utilitarian corporation, the citizens will act like pragmatic consumers. Because I believe in the power economic choice of "taking your dollar elsewhere if you don't like the service".
I am considering emigration because although a nanny goverment may tell me how to live my life and define the penalties for disobedience, I exercise the choice to decide if I wish to accept life on such terms.
Because emigration answers the mocking challenges of "why just keep complaining about things?" and "so what are you prepared to do about it?"
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy will not emigrate. Because before migrating, he thought about so many considerations. The more you consider, the more you wouldn't leave

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy will not emigrate. Because before migrating, he thought about so many considerations. The more you consider, the more you wouldn't leave

you are right. the more u consider the more u drag the time.
in the end still stuck in this sinkiland...

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

what kind of bullshit is that???

A person needs to be clear why he wants to emigrate.

what logic is that about having many considerations and not emigrate. OH yeah ... the sinkie logic.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm in the process of doing it now because of of all those reasons. Especially the economic reasons.
The more you think about those reasons as you gets older, the more insecure you will get.
:(

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm in the process of doing it now because of of all those reasons. Especially the economic reasons.
The more you think about those reasons as you gets older, the more insecure you will get.
:(

It applies to everywhere, not only Singapore.

Once you start considering what will happen to your parents,
Once you start considering what will happen to your career,
Once you start considering how much to pay for housing,
Once you start considering will you be able to sustain with your money,
Once you start considering how about your wife,
Once you start considering what about your kids,
Once you start considering what about the rest of your life,

You start to think that eventually staying in your comfort zone is still the best option.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To anyone considering suicide or living as a PR somewhere outside Spore. Please delay or plan on comming back to cast your vote :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It applies to everywhere, not only Singapore.

Once you start considering what will happen to your parents,
Once you start considering what will happen to your career,
Once you start considering how much to pay for housing,
Once you start considering will you be able to sustain with your money,
Once you start considering how about your wife,
Once you start considering what about your kids,
Once you start considering what about the rest of your life,

You start to think that eventually staying in your comfort zone is still the best option.

i totally agreed with you ...about 8 years ago ...i dont even think if i can survive overseas ...with just sin$10000 in my pocket .now im living VERY comfortable in japan .

once a person start to think ...naturally he will think negative instead of postive ..and one negative will lead to hundreds to thousands of negative thoughts .....in the end he will do nothing about it . for me , i take anything that comes along in life ....dont worry too much ...we only live once .

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
i totally agreed with you ...about 8 years ago ...i dont even think if i can survive overseas ...with just sin$10000 in my pocket .now im living VERY comfortable in japan .

once a person start to think ...naturally he will think negative instead of postive ..and one negative will lead to hundreds to thousands of negative thoughts .....in the end he will do nothing about it . for me , i take anything that comes along in life ....dont worry too much ...we only live once .

I like your style.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the author of the blogsite (sgserf) really deceased? or did he just stop entering his blog? If he is really deceased, I think we should respect him and not criticise him so much (if any).
In any case, he has the courage to venture out on his own to the "wild wild west" Australian shores to strike out on his own. He has my admiration. :smile:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the author of the blogsite (sgserf) really deceased? or did he just stop entering his blog? If he is really deceased, I think we should respect him and not criticise him so much (if any).
In any case, he has the courage to venture out on his own to the "wild wild west" Australian shores to strike out on his own. He has my admiration. :smile:

There is no official rule that if this fucker dies , we should respect him.

You set this rule????

Even if he dies, we can criticise, curse and condemn him whereever and however we like.

You must be coming from those ancient caveman culture of the 1950s and carry with you all this hypothetical bullshit to the 21st century.