• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The reason why PAP keeps winning

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Tom Cat, the sinkies are fully aware of my godly powers.
They are always living in reality.
They do not need to test it to know it's real power.
So far, you have not witness it's full potential yet.
Don't test me.

<b>MORE MONEY</b>
- by wonder party

I want MORE MONEY MORE MONEY from you ^clap^ ^clap^
MORE MONEY MORE MONEY
NO MONEY NO HONEY

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Tom Cat, the sinkies are fully aware of my godly powers.
They are always living in reality.
They do not need to test it to know it's real power.
So far, you have not witness it's full potential yet.
Don't test me.

<b>MORE MONEY</b>
- by wonder party

MORE MONEY MORE MONEY
NO MONEY NO HONEY
Hey Old Fart, shut the fuck up. :biggrin: :biggrin:
What happened to your Lao Gecko? Why never accompany her by the bedside and instead go around 'forecasting'?

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

jw5

Loyal
Because most of the voters are ignorant, apathetic, easily hookwinked and selfish.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, the Opposition had woken up and realised that by going under an alliance, there are more chances to topple the ruling BN. And it did materialize.

I guess many didnt realised this: PAS, PKR and DAP had one thing in common: They are all multi-racial parties and that is a very important common factor.

Some might ask, how could PAS be a multi-racial party? Though PAs is a Islamic party, there are Chinese, Indian and definitly Malay Muslims in the party as well, all united under one religion but of different racial background.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess many didnt realised this: PAS, PKR and DAP had one thing in common: They are all multi-racial parties and that is a very important common factor.

Some might ask, how could PAS be a multi-racial party? Though PAs is a Islamic party, there are Chinese, Indian and definitly Malay Muslims in the party as well, all united under one religion but of different racial background.
So why are our oppositon parties not uniting under one banner? Unlike Malaysia, there is no such thing as different races for different parties. Doesn't all opposition parties in Singapore fight for one common cause: A more democratic Singapore?

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because most of the voters are ignorant, apathetic, easily hookwinked and selfish.
Ignorant - All of them rather fap to SNSD plastic girls than care about local politics

Apathetic - Can't blame them cause that is what PAP wanted

Hoodwinked - Give them few hundred bucks and they will vote PAP, without knowing that PAP will get it back sooner or later.

Selfish - Vote for the party that gives money and freebies before election, instead of the party that fights for the worker's cause.

jw5

Loyal
Ignorant - All of them rather fap to SNSD plastic girls than care about local politics

Apathetic - Can't blame them cause that is what PAP wanted

Hoodwinked - Give them few hundred bucks and they will vote PAP, without knowing that PAP will get it back sooner or later.

Selfish - Vote for the party that gives money and freebies before election, instead of the party that fights for the worker's cause.
Selfish and hookwinked are different.
There are lots of selfish singaporeans who vote pap because they are comfortable with their lives, without realizing that there are many out there who are struggling in their lives just to keep their heads above water.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
is because the Opposition is too scattered and divided. IMO.

The saying goes that the more divided the agencies are, the less powerful they are.

In Malaysia, the Opposition had woken up and realised that by going under an alliance, there are more chances to topple the ruling BN. And it did materialize.

In America, there are only two main parties, Republicans and Democrats. Whereas there are lesser choices, it is easier to topple one govt because the opposition is equally strong.

Same applies for Japan (LDP and DPJ).

Whereas Singapore does not have any opposition alliance, with exception to SDA, but even then, SDA is not strong enough and relies on Chiam truly. If Chiam passed away, SDA will most likely go down.

If I am not wrong, opposition parties in Singapore are: NSP, SDP, SDA (consist of PKMS, SPP and SJP), RP and WP. You can see how many there are and I believe if they put differences aside and unite under an alliance like the Pakatan Rakyat in Malaysia, they may win half of Parliament.

Just my thought.

I have long asked for the oppo to unite under a common alliance and issue a common platform for the next elections. They have to hold talks now in the event that if they win, they know how they will divvy up the various portfolios. In order for them to unite, they must set aside their own egos and common mistrust of each other. Some of the mistrust is well founded as some of the oppo parties have been infiltrated by ISD moles. SOme of the mistrust is also due to various expectations of the parties. SOme parties want to go for all the marbles and have a take no prisoner attitude towards the PAP, whilst other parties are more concialatory and want to work with the PAP.

In the past the PAP keeps winning because the country was doing well. It is undeniable that in the 70s and early 80s, it would be hard pressed to find a party that could have done better. Now, this is not the case anymore. The PAP has run out of ideas and have resorted to what is essentially smoke and mirrors to stay in power. The oppo need to have a united front and attack the PAP on what has already gone wrong.

The oppo needs to have some core platforms such as:
- Abolishment of NS
- Full and immediate halt to all importation of FTs, a review of the FT policy and reversal of the FT policy.
- Give first priority to the creation of jobs for native born Singaporeans, and preferential job treatment for men who have already served national service.
- Investigate and provide a full and complete accounting of the accounts of Temasek and GIC.
- Simplification of the education system, more unis, and technical schools, and singaporeans first priority for seats in tertiary schools.
- A real retirement system, not the fake CPF system.
............. and many more ideas.

SO far, we don't see anything from the oppo parties. for example, I think the abolishment of NS is the first step, but on this point, u will find no agreement from the oppo parties. Look at it this way, the 2 years spend by adult males and also the reservist years spend equates to millions of man hours lost in unproductive military chores over the years. If these menhours were available to the economy, it will totally change everything. Not to mention the $6 billion plus a year spend on the military, again a colossal waste of money.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they take out GRC. Will the above statement apply. There will be 33 opposition in there. When LKY die some PAP may switch side ...

They will be out real soon.......

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have long asked for the oppo to unite under a common alliance and issue a common platform for the next elections. They have to hold talks now in the event that if they win, they know how they will divvy up the various portfolios. In order for them to unite, they must set aside their own egos and common mistrust of each other. Some of the mistrust is well founded as some of the oppo parties have been infiltrated by ISD moles. SOme of the mistrust is also due to various expectations of the parties. SOme parties want to go for all the marbles and have a take no prisoner attitude towards the PAP, whilst other parties are more concialatory and want to work with the PAP.

In the past the PAP keeps winning because the country was doing well. It is undeniable that in the 70s and early 80s, it would be hard pressed to find a party that could have done better. Now, this is not the case anymore. The PAP has run out of ideas and have resorted to what is essentially smoke and mirrors to stay in power. The oppo need to have a united front and attack the PAP on what has already gone wrong.

The oppo needs to have some core platforms such as:
- Abolishment of NS
- Full and immediate halt to all importation of FTs, a review of the FT policy and reversal of the FT policy.
- Give first priority to the creation of jobs for native born Singaporeans, and preferential job treatment for men who have already served national service.
- Investigate and provide a full and complete accounting of the accounts of Temasek and GIC.
- Simplification of the education system, more unis, and technical schools, and singaporeans first priority for seats in tertiary schools.
- A real retirement system, not the fake CPF system.
............. and many more ideas.

SO far, we don't see anything from the oppo parties. for example, I think the abolishment of NS is the first step, but on this point, u will find no agreement from the oppo parties. Look at it this way, the 2 years spend by adult males and also the reservist years spend equates to millions of man hours lost in unproductive military chores over the years. If these menhours were available to the economy, it will totally change everything. Not to mention the $6 billion plus a year spend on the military, again a colossal waste of money.

Indeed, the opposition have to set aside their dislike or mistrust towards each other that is most likely caused by ISD. Especially in the case of Chiam See Tong and Chee Soon Juan. Unfortunately, they do not know that Straits Times is happily gloating while reporting their arguments. I feel the Opposition in Singapore are easier to unite since they are fighting for a more transparent and democratic Singapore.

Malaysia Pakatan Rakyat has shown that if you put aside all differences and ego, you can scare the ruling coalition. PAS is a conservative Islamic party, DAP is a pro-minority party (Chinese and Indian) and PKR is fighting as a secular but fair opposition party. Yet, despite different ideals, they can be together. There will be bumps in the coalition but they ironed it out well.

PAP had did much during the 70s and 80s because the Old Guard wanted to make a change for the good in Singapore. Now with all these third-gen leaders, they seem more interested in power and money, than thinking of good policies that benefit the nation.

NS should be abolished but I feel it should be replaced by a Militia Program. That means all citizens and PRs at the age of 18 should go for a one-month training course on how to handle weapons and drills. After that, they are released.

The influx of FT had to be stopped because there are way too many and look at all the crimes they have committed here. Singapore has never been so crime-infested. And priority of jobs should be given to men who had served NS since they have been delayed two years of their prime serving the nation. Our Army should consist of some regulars and militias who know how to handle weapons.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selfish and hookwinked are different.
There are lots of selfish singaporeans who vote pap because they are comfortable with their lives, without realizing that there are many out there who are struggling in their lives just to keep their heads above water.
Hmm you must be talking about the residents in Holland Village and Bukit Timah. :biggrin: