• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The reason why PAP keeps winning

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
is because the Opposition is too scattered and divided. IMO.

The saying goes that the more divided the agencies are, the less powerful they are.

In Malaysia, the Opposition had woken up and realised that by going under an alliance, there are more chances to topple the ruling BN. And it did materialize.

In America, there are only two main parties, Republicans and Democrats. Whereas there are lesser choices, it is easier to topple one govt because the opposition is equally strong.

Same applies for Japan (LDP and DPJ).

Whereas Singapore does not have any opposition alliance, with exception to SDA, but even then, SDA is not strong enough and relies on Chiam truly. If Chiam passed away, SDA will most likely go down.

If I am not wrong, opposition parties in Singapore are: NSP, SDP, SDA (consist of PKMS, SPP and SJP), RP and WP. You can see how many there are and I believe if they put differences aside and unite under an alliance like the Pakatan Rakyat in Malaysia, they may win half of Parliament.

Just my thought.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP may lose some seats in this coming election.

But I am talking about why PAP kept winning in the past, till 2006.

Nobody ever lost billions of our reserve prior to 2006.

Seriously, the wife isn't elected to her task, there is no way we Singaporeans can hold her accountable. Next best recourse is the party that decided she is the best person to be in charge.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody ever lost billions of our reserve prior to 2006.

Seriously, the wife isn't elected to her task, there is no way we Singaporeans can hold her accountable. Next best recourse is the party that decided she is the best person to be in charge.
Ever since the billions lost, everybody's suspicions of Ho Jinx being CEO of Temasek was due to her famiLEE connections were confirmed.

But it will seriously be better if Opposition come together and form an alliance. This way, more seats can be won. Maybe at least control half of Parliament.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because a lots of poor farks waiting for handouts of $100 .
That is the main flaw of a Sinkie. He falls for the $100 GST Credits, not knowing that PAP is just merely given back the money he used to pay for his taxes.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
another reason why PAP keep winning is because majority pai sin people fears lky

if majority pai yesu PAP will be long gone already...because mindsets will be changed.

i can use my head as a colleteral to validate my statements....:biggrin:
Pai sin people are in the majority. Go HWZ and try to post anti-govt thing there, they will say "Good luck and lim kopi in ISD". The funniest part is, there has never been such cases of people being pulled into ISD over political remarks made online. I think majority of Sinkies are just too fearful of LKY's 'godly' powers.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever since the billions lost, everybody's suspicions of Ho Jinx being CEO of Temasek was due to her famiLEE connections were confirmed.

But it will seriously be better if Opposition come together and form an alliance. This way, more seats can be won. Maybe at least control half of Parliament.

No need half the parliament. One GRC is symbolic enough. As the entire corner stone of the PAP strategy lies in the GRC.

The recent town council rating message is very clear, if the opposition parties can't run a SMC, you think they can run a GRC?

It's playing mind game with the electorate.

But the only 2 GRCs that increase S&C charges this year happens to be Aljunied GRC and Jurong GRCs.

You think the swing voters in hotly contested Aljunied GRC are happy that they are treated like suckers, despite their support for PAP.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP hold a 30%-35% votes lead in majority of constituencies. In electoral terms - a 30% above lead is a ultra safe seat for the incumbent.

Our oppositions face a mammoth task ahead next GE.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP hold a 30%-35% votes lead in majority of constituencies. In electoral terms - a 30% above lead is a ultra safe seat for the incumbent.

Didn't MM gave a veiled threat about protest vote.

That is the PAP greatest worry now.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need half the parliament. One GRC is symbolic enough. As the entire corner stone of the PAP strategy lies in the GRC.

The recent town council rating message is very clear, if the opposition parties can't run a SMC, you think they can run a GRC?

It's playing mind game with the electorate.

But the only 2 GRCs that increase S&C charges this year happens to be Aljunied GRC and Jurong GRCs.

You think the swing voters in hotly contested Aljunied GRC are happy that they are treated like suckers, despite their support for PAP.
That I hope, people of Aljunied and Jurong are wise enought o know that they all have been taken for a ride. But some typical Sinkies, you know..

Actually Sembawang GRC can be ripe for the picking, since the area is not exactly most developed and the only strongman there is Cow Boon Wan.

Just hope Opposition wins a minimum of two GRCs.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't MM gave a veiled threat about protest vote.

That is the PAP greatest worry now.

MM paid UNMO a visit after the crushing defeat. There were no indication of a rout before the elections.

Nobody suspected Malaysians were fed up enough to protest vote.

The lesson is not lost on MM.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mammoth but not impossible.

To be honest, the fault does not lie in the opposition pedigree, but the Sinkie simple-mindedness.

As Watchman had pointed out, give a Sinkie $100 before elections and he will bow down like a happy dog and cast another vote for PAP. Then, the vicious process continues.

Sinkies are also too fearful of ISD and LKY. I have no idea how these fears even come about, considering no one (except CSJ) have been charged for oppositon against PAP. Chiam and Low has never been charged before despite openly opposing PAP.

Sinkies are too choosy about Opposition, sometimes it is as though they want God or Buddha to contest, then they will vote against PAP.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mammoth but not impossible.

To be honest, the fault does not lie in the opposition pedigree, but the Sinkie simple-mindedness.

As Watchman had pointed out, give a Sinkie $100 before elections and he will bow down like a happy dog and cast another vote for PAP. Then, the vicious process continues.

Sinkies are also too fearful of ISD and LKY. I have no idea how these fears even come about, considering no one (except CSJ) have been charged for oppositon against PAP. Chiam and Low has never been charged before despite openly opposing PAP.

Sinkies are too choosy about Opposition, sometimes it is as though they want God or Buddha to contest, then they will vote against PAP.

Actually, you are wrong.
Going by the simple Singaporean logic, in 2006, on the average each of us received $400 from GST package.
Now only give $100.
You only gave me one quarter of what you gave me previously, you think I will give you my full support?

The S&C rebate is also reduced. Going by the reduction in dollar quantum, the government doesn't seem to take the election very seriously.

Unless the intention is to hold the election next year.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, you are wrong.
Going by the simple Singaporean logic, in 2006, on the average each of us received $400 from GST package.
Now only give $100.
You only gave me one quarter of what you gave me previously, you think I will give you my full support?

The S&C rebate is also reduced. Going by the reduction in dollar quantum, the government doesn't seem to take the election very seriously.

Unless the intention is to hold the election next year.
I do not think the Government is that naive to believe that voters cannot tell the difference in amount for the GST offset package. I am sure the government had also planned other perks to be released to the citizens soon to make up the $300.

Unless of course, Ass Loong is that dumb.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not think the Government is that naive to believe that voters cannot tell the difference in amount for the GST offset package. I am sure the government had also planned other perks to be released to the citizens soon to make up the $300.

Unless of course, Ass Loong is that dumb.

Or our coffers are that drained.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or our coffers are that drained.
You can await the following perks:

a. ERP goes down

b. COE prices goes down

c. Uni gives priority to local students first

d. Minimum wages will increase

And then all these will be gone after they win the Elections again. :biggrin:

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can await the following perks:

a. ERP goes down

b. COE prices goes down

c. Uni gives priority to local students first

d. Minimum wages will increase

And then all these will be gone after they win the Elections again. :biggrin:

If they do all the above mentioned, you will know they are very desperate.