• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The reason Why CPF only gives 2.5% return

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hard to give more than that when GIC (which is funded from CPF money) is only earning a real rate of return of 4%. Not sure if that is before or after overhead and admin expenses and salaries and bonus. From the GIC website:

What are the returns of the GIC Portfolio?

In its annual report for 2012/2013, GIC reported 5, 10 and 20-year annualised nominal returns in USD terms of 2.6%, 8.8% and 6.5% respectively. It also reported a 20-year real rate of return of 4.0%. The rolling 20-year real rate of return is the primary metric for the Government to evaluate GIC’s investment performance.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be nominal returns in SGD dollars to compare apple to apple.
I made gains in my US stock investment but over 10 years I am better off putting in SGD Fixed Deposit !!

Perhaps CPF could give better returns if the $$ is not drawn out for housing, education etc.