• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The boycott on jollibee becomes pinoy news

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like they can't make up their minds on Italian cuisine (pasta) or fast food, so both are served together and called 'uniquely Pinoy'. :biggrin:

whatthink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like they can't make up their minds on Italian cuisine (pasta) or fast food, so both are served together and called 'uniquely Pinoy'. :biggrin:

Quote from Yahoo

Filipino fast food giant Jollibee opens in Singapore

Long queues form at Lucky Plaza as Singaporeans rush to get a first taste of Jollibee's signature fried chicken on Tuesday morning. The popular fast food chain opened its first store in Singapore on the sixth floor of Lucky Plaza.

Haha common sinkie don't care what u guys kpkb here, they just like to queue..:biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal
its just another american style fast food joint - burgers, hotdogs and pasta

http://www.jollibee.com.ph/menu-price-list

No "authentic" Filipino style food (if there are such things, sorry I don't know)

From the picture of the pasta and fried chicken, it does not look appetizing to me.....NO THANKS....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its just another american style fast food joint - burgers, hotdogs and pasta

http://www.jollibee.com.ph/menu-price-list

No "authentic" Filipino style food (if there are such things, sorry I don't know)

From the picture of the pasta and fried chicken, it does not look appetizing to me.....NO THANKS....

When I was in Manila, I tried the spaghetti at MacDonald. Only time I've seen spaghetti sold at a MacD & I've visited them in Canada, USA, London, Switzerland, Germany,HK, etc ..... It was pretty bad even by MacD standards:biggrin:

If I have to eat fast food I'd rather go to a MOS burger place,

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just another fast food chain, operating just like others like Mac, KFC and BK. Why need to boycott? I do not think they only employ Pinoys lah. Cannot be since they set up stall here, got to adhere to our employment policies.

To me, it is just another alternative. Will try them out one day after the hype is over.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just another fast food chain, operating just like others like Mac, KFC and BK. Why need to boycott? I do not think they only employ Pinoys lah. Cannot be since they set up stall here, got to adhere to our employment policies.

To me, it is just another alternative. Will try them out one day after the hype is over.

Ironically, once the hype is over is also the time when the quality drops.

On launch date, the head chef is personally there to ensure the quality.

As time goes by, it gets worse and worse. But of course, franchisees won't give a shit.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can lah. Haven't you heard of SMRT hiring cheap chinese drivers from PRC

Ya but the PRCs are just part of the crew that comprises Singaporeans and Malaysian PRs. TRE seems to suggest that Jollibee only employs Pinoys and hence calling for the boycott. However, I do not think they are doing that. They can of course hire a few Pinoys but certainly not fill all the posts with Pinoys.

Last edited:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Despite my previous vow not to entertain your posts, today I make the exception.

In the last few days, noticed that your posts seem more conciliatory and reasonable instead of always running the attack line against others, especially when it comes to FTs.

So have the winds of change been blown and you see the light .... or there are shared thoughts for your nick?

All brothers, what do you think???:biggrin:

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite my previous vow not to entertain your posts, today I make the exception.

In the last few days, noticed that your posts seem more conciliatory and reasonable instead of always running the attack line against others, especially when it comes to FTs.

So have the winds of change been blown and you see the light .... or there are shared thoughts for your nick?

All brothers, what do you think???:biggrin:

It really depends on the topic i'm commenting on. Which ones are you refering to?

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
It really depends on the topic i'm commenting on. Which ones are you refering to?

I also don't understand what you mean by what I am referring to.

If you mean you want to know which of your comments or threads I am referring to, I cannot possibly go back to the previous threads I read and gather all relevant ones for you. In any case, you understand what I mean.

In any case, it is a a good change from your usual attack mode...just hope that this is just not the manifestation of the different faces of Eve. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've yet to come across a joint which does fried chicken better than this one:

01+Arnold%2527s+Fried+Chicken+%2528City+Plaza+%2540+Paya+Lebar%2529+-+It%2527s+Been+So+So+Long%2521+%2528Large%2529.jpg

I doubt Jollibee can beat Arnold's.