• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_20120823_JMHAIR23_3266278e.jpg

Ryan’s hair before it was cut by his teacher.

ST_20120823_JMHAIR234JIX_3266280e.jpg

Ryan’s hair right after the cut

A MOTHER has lodged a police report after her 12-year-old son's teacher cut his hair an hour before his PSLE oral exam last Thursday.

The mother, Madam Serene Ong, is outraged that the teacher did this just before a crucial exam, that it was done without her knowledge - and that it ruined the boy's $60 haircut.

She claimed the teacher - Ms Belinda Cheng of Unity Primary - also threatened to deduct marks from the boy's exam if he refused to have his hair cut.

Yesterday, the school's principal, Mrs Jasmail Singh Gill, agreed with Madam Ong that the teacher had no business cutting the boy's hair.

But, she said, Primary 6 pupils had been warned before about sporting long hair, and Ms Cheng had the right intentions. "The teacher cut the boys' hair as she wanted them to look neat," said Mrs Gill.

Ms Cheng, who had also cut the hair of two other 12-year-old boys that day, did not want to comment. But Madam Ong said the teacher apologised to her and the three pupils yesterday.

Madam Ong, 39, a sales manager, said she received a call from her son Ryan Ang at about 10am on the day of the exam. His oral exam was at 11am.

He was crying and told her that Ms Cheng, who is one of his form teachers, had cut his fringe and sideburns. He and the two other boys had been pulled up during a spot check for long hair.

"The teacher had no right to cut his hair," said Madam Ong.

"She showed me no respect by not telling me that she was going to cut his hair beforehand," she said. "Worse, she threatened to deduct his oral marks if he didn't agree to let her cut his hair. It was an hour before his PSLE oral exam. What if it had affected his performance?"

She said she was so upset she made a police report and complained to the Ministry of Education that night.

She said Ryan did not dare to step out of the house for two days "because he thought he looked funny". :rolleyes:

Ms Cheng, she added, had also wasted the $60 she had spent on Ryan's hair just five days before the incident. He has been going to a hairstylist at Reds Hairdressing for several years. Madam Ong spent another $60 getting his hair restyled on Saturday.

She said the ministry told her to "forgive the teacher" and the police said she could seek legal advice. The ministry also told her on Thursday that marks would not be deducted for pupils' appearance during the exam.

A ministry spokesman yesterday said schools may formulate their own rules based on their needs, within given guidelines for school discipline.

Several principals contacted said that students sporting unkempt hair is a common problem they face. But they felt Ms Cheng's approach of just chopping it off was outdated.

"Doing this is like going back hundreds of years," said Dr Foo Suan Fong, principal of Dunman High. His students are given a warning and a deadline to get their hair cut. If they do not do so, the school will contact their parents, whom it regards as "our education partners".

Mrs Lee Hui Feng, principal of Nanyang Primary, held the same view. "We have to work closely with parents and reinforce the notion that their children's personal image is very important."

[email protected]

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I look at this boy's picture and reads how his mum behaves, I suddenly have a premonition that 1 day this boy will get his hair cut in Changi Resort.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ms Cheng, she added, had also wasted the $60 she had spent on Ryan's hair just five days before the incident. He has been going to a hairstylist at Reds Hairdressing for several years. Madam Ong spent another $60 getting his hair restyled on Saturday.

KNN, beng kia got $60 haircut at P6. I last time only have $3.50 from the barber downstairs.

Teacher also one kind, next time just shave botak lah. Trim complain, shave also complain. Just shave lah. Kill one, silence all mah. :biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent mother. Lucky boy.

Typical singkie Mothers. Why ? Got time to lodge police report and no time to discipline his son ? Now after thing happen, you hit the roof for nothing.

Teachers may not be in the correct position for taking matter into their own hands, but the greater fault lies with the mother and student.

How are we going to educate our child if we have such mother around ???

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I look at this boy's picture and reads how his mum behaves, I suddenly have a premonition that 1 day this boy will get his hair cut in Changi Resort.

I think bengkia will get his hair cut at a boys home first. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
KNN, beng kia got $60 haircut at P6. I last time only have $3.50 from the barber downstairs.

my mum crops my hair, if she weren't free, my brother does it. likewise, me style my brother's hairdo. thought that's the norm.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This whole nonsense reminds me of this useless fucker.

"He had exposed a tattoo of a dragon head on his chest when he removed his T-shirt while playing basketball in school one afternoon.

Why not agree to remove the tattoo?

Madam Yip said: 'I don't want to make him remove the tattoo. If he does it, it has to be because he wants to do it himself.'

But the boy claims he is afraid of laser removal because of what his friend went through.

Said Madam Yip: 'He came back and told me that he was very scared and that his friend's parents had forced him to go through the first laser session.

'He broke into tears as he told me about the ugly scars left on his friend.'"

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20090623-150439.html

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the mother bitch Serene Ong showed the school no respect by allowing her son to go to school with an unauthorized hair style.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The teacher is like the PAP. Cut hair without asking for the mother's permission or even notifying her at the very least. Isn't that the same as PAP opening the floodgates for foreign trash to come in?