• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian - An Opportunist? Let see the Facts

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS, please understand the actions have been interpreted by many to take advantage of Png's link to WP which achieved significant gains and whose branding is well known.

Taking it out on Perspective is not the answer. Most of us have come to same conclusion.

Please remember when you first came on old SBF for the first time, Perspective gave you alot of covering fire especially over Catherine Lim affair. Its is little glitch.
Yup, everyone agrees with you that your Huat ah is so naive to be manipulated and made used of by TKL. That goes the politician wannabe. Sad.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

As I have said, I do not believe Png is naive or so ignorant to be made used of. I would say he did it in good faith for a long time friend. There is nothing wrong with that. But it seems that people want to portray it as one being manipulative while the other is like an idiot who is being manipulated. I really find this quite amusing, though distasteful when the agenda is clear.

You cannot be one sided in such thing and as someone has said, it really takes two to clap. If you want to make one side look bad, the other side will look equally bad, if not worse. Actually I have nothing to complain about because Png is not from NSP. But I see Perspective as the ultimate fool in shooting his own friend in such "friendly fire". That is really the ultimate amusement I have. :smile:

For old time's sake, just giving Perspective a clear mind on what he is doing is harmful to his allies. If not, I would just laugh it away with many people and save my breathe on such silly amusement. Perspective has changed, just like everyone else. He has lost his balance way long ago. No matter how I dislike anyone, I won't just go all out to throw m&d at them, worse, at all cost, even when it just falls on my friends' face.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, please understand the actions have been interpreted by many to take advantage of Png's link to WP which achieved significant gains and whose branding is well known.

Taking it out on Perspective is not the answer. Most of us have come to same conclusion.

Please remember when you first came on old SBF for the first time, Perspective gave you alot of covering fire especially over Catherine Lim affair. Its is little glitch.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS, you are a political passe. When are you going to fly to hong kong as promised?! Please keep to your words, at least preserve the very last inch of your dignity.

Heard you very chummy with SDA candidate at punggol pasir ris GRC Patrick Lee? It is not wonder how come both of you speak so much alike?!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok I see your point. Do cut him some slack. I too noticed that his contributions have changed somewhat but I guess as we journey in life we do that. He does provide some clear perspective ( no pun intended) in politics that others have not seen and I do value them.

Dear Scroobal,

As I have said, I do not believe Png is naive or so ignorant to be made used of. I would say he did it in good faith for a long time friend. There is nothing wrong with that. But it seems that people want to portray it as one being manipulative while the other is like an idiot who is being manipulated. I really find this quite amusing, though distasteful when the agenda is clear.

You cannot be one sided in such thing and as someone has said, it really takes two to clap. If you want to make one side look bad, the other side will look equally bad, if not worse. Actually I have nothing to complain about because Png is not from NSP. But I see Perspective as the ultimate fool in shooting his own friend in such "friendly fire". That is really the ultimate amusement I have. :smile:

For old time's sake, just giving Perspective a clear mind on what he is doing is harmful to his allies. If not, I would just laugh it away with many people and save my breathe on such silly amusement. Perspective has changed, just like everyone else. He has lost his balance way long ago. No matter how I dislike anyone, I won't just go all out to throw m&d at them, worse, at all cost, even when it just falls on my friends' face.

Goh Meng Seng

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys notice Goh Meng Seng now behaves like he is a Political Opposition heavyweight? A top Dog. My lanjiao to his face! Without Nicole Seah and Jeanette Aruldoss, he is just another fucking once in five years GE clown! Not much different from a Mah Bow Tan getting the Tampines seat by tugging along Dr. Aline Wong's skirt. At least Mah got in and enjoyed the millions of dollars. A winner in the end! Our white hair cheebye face MP wannabe can't even keep his word! And can only try to act clever in sammyboy. Puuuiiiiii!

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha! You guys are so harsh! I don't agree with GMS on his handling of publicity matters but have to respect his tenacity or TEEKEE-ness. At least he is out there in the trenches trying to make a difference. Am very new to the forum so am not aware of his vow to retire to HK. That sounds very silly and reeks of excessive optimism. In every election, all opposition faces odds greater than 50% that they will be unsuccessful. LTK and CST included.

In the election of 2011, PAP margin of victory is 60% not due to opposition efforts but rather PAP's misguided efforts. General consensus is that the next 2015/2016 election will be even worse for PAP. I am not that optimistic. The political machinery behind PAP is huge and sprawling like a fourth stage cancer on the nation. Elections prep should already be starting (SDP shows good momentum and I hope they keep it up). GMS, I hope NSP can show some signs that the engine is being kept warm at least.

Last edited:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the election of 2011, PAP margin of victory is 60% not due to opposition efforts but rather PAP's misguided efforts. General consensus is that the next 2015/2016 election will be even worse for PAP. I am not that optimistic. The political machinery behind PAP is huge and sprawling like a fourth stage cancer on the nation. Elections prep should already be starting (SDP shows good momentum and I hope they keep it up). GMS, I hope NSP can show some signs that the engine is being kept warm at least.

don't think so. two hands to clap. both opposition more experience and more savvy plus pap more complacent and cock despite 2006 as a taste of things to come.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, what a joke. Shall everyone not forget someone blasted his "first mentor" that he claims to respect - not in this forum but on a bigger scale, in the press. What big BS about respect and not blasting friends?

If you ask me, yes I think Huat is naively been made use of. As for candidacy that is decided by WP not me. If I can vote for the RP team in AMK, what is this? But I suspect someone for all the talk did not.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at GMS's latest posts, I think he is staying for 2016 election.

I am long resigned to the fact that this is someone who never keeps his (public) word, full of nonsense, lack of principles and double-standard, self-contradicting BS. I'm glad I am staying in a ward that he and KJ himself will never come.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is the reason why I never helped him or went to NSP although I gave him face and never told him till now. Any help rendered to him is not returned is fine but showered with bullets later. It happened before. This guy, you don't know him better than to know him.

Like I said, as a politician, you shld come clean. If it's personal, say so.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
i didn't know i would miss this forum so much.
To end, some cynic mentioned the futility of it all - the EP is a Frankeinstein creation of a mechanistic-messiahnic PAP belief that logic & reason is all & therefore, based on this deep psychological hangup, is born all the schemes from 'the sophisticated electorate is trying a pressure the govt... therefore maybe some voters should have 2 votes etc etc' (1984) to the implementation of GLC because forget the 'aspirational national pledge', we are all racist at the core & minority's have no chance to tghe economic sphere like GLCs is the way because SMEs are at most PLEs but no way a world class corporation can originate in Spore ... because it doesn't stand to reason blah blah....

This blind righteousness rooted in logic & reason is what led PAP & the electorate to the current disenchantment ....

So in summary guys, be yourselves, believe what you believe & back our beliefs with action or non-action or small actions for a start depending on your conviction, your passion & your resources & circumstances.....

Just be authentic.

Not be like the hypocritical Tan Kin Lian who long ago announce he would only consider running for EP if there is a petition numbering 6 figures.
I promptly lost all respect for him since.

TCB & GY are PAP men once but not sycophants or lose their principled selves. That I can accept. I agree that some are entitled to believe it is better to work from within then tear down & rebuild.

Hehehe, welcome back again bro.
As usual telling it as you see it. My fave bits are above.
Nothing more to add cause u said it all. :wink:

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All this discussion about a presidential hopeful's true intentions and motivations will never be known until he gets elected. Then his true colours will be revealed. Of course by then it will be too late! Whether it's TCB TKL or GY, only time will tell whether we have elected the right person for the job.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this discussion about a presidential hopeful's true intentions and motivations will never be known until he gets elected. Then his true colours will be revealed. Of course by then it will be too late! Whether it's TCB TKL or GY, only time will tell whether we have elected the right person for the job.

That is why past behaviour and views are the best indicators for future actions.

That is why we need someone who is principled and consistent in his actions.

That is why we need to scrutinise their past speeches and stance and how consistent these are in relations to what we expect from the Presidency!

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
How real is TKL's support on TR?

Latest data:

Who would you prefer to be the next President of Singapore?
Mr Tan Kin Lian (52%, 42,388 Votes)
Dr Tan Cheng Bock (33%, 27,333 Votes)
Dr Tony Tan (6%, 5,033 Votes)
Mr George Yeo (6%, 4,874 Votes)
Mr S R Nathan (3%, 2,214 Votes)
Total Voters: 81,842

sharingan83

Alfrescian
Loyal
How real is TKL's support on TR?

Latest data:

Who would you prefer to be the next President of Singapore?
Mr Tan Kin Lian (52%, 42,388 Votes)
Dr Tan Cheng Bock (33%, 27,333 Votes)
Dr Tony Tan (6%, 5,033 Votes)
Mr George Yeo (6%, 4,874 Votes)
Mr S R Nathan (3%, 2,214 Votes)
Total Voters: 81,842

Hi there mightymouse, where did you get these numbers from?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak now i do feel old. It has always stuck in my mind TKL is 200% PAP. Only the younger generation who knew little of his past could find him credible. TKL is the man with the most fake smile i've ever seen.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well said.

That is why past behaviour and views are the best indicators for future actions.

That is why we need someone who is principled and consistent in his actions.

That is why we need to scrutinise their past speeches and stance and how consistent these are in relations to what we expect from the Presidency!