• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tai Chong Kok Mooncakes....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zhang Wuji could have been the first Ming emperor. Instead, he chose to bonk a Mongolian princess in a tent for the rest of his life.

jw5

Loyal
Zhang Wuji could have been the first Ming emperor. Instead, he chose to bonk a Mongolian princess in a tent for the rest of his life.

confirmed not someone with pappy mentality.................................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to Taka and bought the TaiChongKok moon-cakes. They are still very good. The double egg yokes however were a bit dry. The dark lotus paste is still good but too sweet. The baked skin is still okay, but I think it's a bit different from the past. Overall assessment not bad lah.

The I saw a stall called Chinatown TaiChongKok mooncakes. I discovered that the iconic and traditional TaiChongKok carrier bag ( brown paper with big words in red ) was not there! The package is different. The packing is different.But the mooncakes look almost the same.

Is there a faked TaiChongKok going around? If it is so, why are they doing such thing? Business rivalry? I know TaiChongKok mooncakes is a must in most households,esp for the elderly uncles and aunties.

Do you think TaiChongKok mooncakes is the BEST in town? Thank You.

Groupon got offer leh for their mooncakes....................i think 30% off or more...................

but i no like their mooncakes.................the taste and smell too strong and the filling too dense and thick..............

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And it is said that Zhang San Feng did not invent the Taiji Quan which was developed later.

The MIW perfected Taichi..don't believe me, ask William from the House of Windsor, Zhang San Feng is nothing! we can do taichi in the midday sun! what do you think?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What to do? The Mongolian princess betrayed her father and throw herself at him. If a girl today does the same to you, what would you do?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The MIW perfected Taichi..don't believe me, ask William from the House of Windsor, Zhang San Feng is nothing! we can do taichi in the midday sun! what do you think?

Since William also visited the Gardens by the Bay a couple of days later, they should at least have demonstrated the Taiji in the cool confines of the Conservatories which are similar in climate to the highland that Zhang San Feng first practised his art.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since William also visited the Gardens by the Bay a couple of days later, they should at least have demonstrated the Taiji in the cool confines of the Conservatories which are similar in climate to the highland that Zhang San Feng first practised his art.

Like I had said Zhang San Feng is nothing, PxP Tai Chi Chuan practitioners can do it in the midday sun, with the brightly coloured samfoo NO SWEAT at all!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I had said Zhang San Feng is nothing, PxP Tai Chi Chuan practitioners can do it in the midday sun, with the brightly coloured samfoo NO SWEAT at all!

Only people with special talent can do that. People with thicker skulls than others.

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
Authentic one is Chop Tai Chong Kok at Sago Lane and Ubi

Chop Tai Chong Kok at Sago Lane/Ubi is the authentic one.
Brown paper bag and box has the moon lady on it. Think Taka mooncake fair has the stall every year.

The other one is called Chinatown Tai Chong Kok (Hue Kee)
Box is yellow this year. Saw the stall when at Vivo City.

Last edited:

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maxim from Hongkong still thebest so far。 can test real lotus。Tai zhong kok didnt keep up with time, i doubt they use pure lotus paste to make the moon cake。

Chop Tai Chong Kok ones are freshly baked at the Ubi shop. U got the correct 'Tai Chong Kok'?? My pal's folks go queue every year without fail.

HK's maxim and peninsular hotel mooncakes v shiok.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brothers, I tried the chepaka moon cake from Peony Jade, it's horrible! Don't buy. The top layer is like pink rubber .The only good thing is the chepaka itself...very fragrant and nice.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
too much mooncakes will cause tooth decay....too sweet. old uncle love mooncakes, but have cut down liao.