• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suspend the Rep points system for 3 months as an experiment.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not suggesting banning anyone. Please read my post. When I was moderator, I never banned anyone. I also never preached on the ignore button. Instead I was merging threads to generate more discussions, consigning obnoxious and abusive threads laced with vulgarities to the rubbish bins etc. Soon people began to fall in line. After 3 days have you merged threads, move abusive posts, or any form of moderation?

This is where you are wrong about the mods. We are not moderating the entire SBF, only the moderated folder. There is no reason to do anything there unless we see a problem. I am hands off elsewhere as I believe this is what Sam wanted. Sam need to confirm this is so.

I forgot to tell you too, I do not have mod tools to perform what you said you did. I can do it only in the mod folder.

Last edited:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Windsor bro,

Why so serious? Much as I respect your passion for the cause, this is a TCSS forum about nothing.

All these talk about points, reputation, infraction, bans, moderation etc amount to nothing, except forum traffic.

Let me say it again: Rep. points here CANNOT be exchanged for NTUC vouchers one! :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Rep points are like the water coolers in an air conditioned shopping mall.
They are for all intents and purposes useless, but sometimes you drink from them just because they are there. :o

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Windsor bro,

Why so serious? Much as I respect your passion for the cause, this is a TCSS forum about nothing.

All these talk about points, reputation, infraction, bans, moderation etc amount to nothing, except forum traffic.

Let me say it again: Rep. points here CANNOT be exchanged for NTUC vouchers one! :biggrin:

Haha Maxi....I am not, this is not the only thread about the issue. Scroo started this thread and I am giving my 2 cts worth. We have to thrash it out and then everyone can understand each other better. The other fires are bigger elsewhere and I leave it to the rest to fight their case. Scroo has no idea that we have not much to do with the forum except in the moderated folder.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am pretty new here so maybe i am not familiar with the rules of the jungle, but look at some of these posts: whatever the arguments for or against rep points, for or against clones... i don't see how posts like these should be allowed to exist.

So what do you suggest I do to members who post this sort of crap?

jw5

Loyal
Scroo has no idea that we have not much to do with the forum except in the moderated folder.

Bro Windsor,

He knows lah. He even remembered the name of the guy in delphi forum whom tonychat used to ask "want to chat".
Just sit back and watch the fun lah. Like that can last longer in this forum, otherwise will get worn out................ :p

jw5

Loyal

Sam
I have already suggested something to you.
If you know the forummer to be a vulgar or destructive pest, then ban him or delete his posts or whatever you do.
If you don't have all the facts or history, then start a thread or a poll to get views.
The thread can even be continuous, it doesn't need to be one thread for one pest.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whoever posted this kind of crap should be commended for exercising his freedom of speech.

Nothing short of a Nobel prize will suffice. I believe this kind of menial task can be left to you.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Windsor,

He knows lah. He even remembered the name of the guy in delphi forum whom tonychat used to ask "want to chat".
Just sit back and watch the fun lah. Like that can last longer in this forum, otherwise will get worn out................ :p

I doubt so as he cannot see my window that shows whether I do have mod tools. He is saying the mods have done nothing so far to merge threads and consign garbage to the rubbish bin. How to do that here?

jw5

Loyal
I doubt so as he cannot see my window that shows whether I do have mod tools. He is saying the mods have done nothing so far to merge threads and consign garbage to the rubbish bin. How to do that here?

Can lah, under admin column in the moderated forum can delete or merge.
You, errr......., we can do it lah. :o

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can castrate them first and crucify them as per what the ancient Romans did, are you not the maestro of your own casa? :cool:

That sounds rather cruel. Luckily, a courteous forumner like me will not face such a predicament.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Windsor bro,

You are like a Chameleon when your points hover around 500.

But I do like your light hearted approached and agreed with you entirely on the statements above.