• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suspend the Rep points system for 3 months as an experiment.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo so shameless. Come in to post and expect 1000 forumners to take the trouble to use ignore function on u. Looks like u are still a Sinkie. But a jobless and useless one. Poor thing.

for all your guesses, tony may be another of sam's 10 handles.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are new so it will take time to understand. This "use ignore button" is a pacifier used for babies and encouraged by parents who have no good parenting skills. Understandable if the baby is small but I have seen 2 year old sucking the same mantra. Notice Tonychat is also a firm advocate of the button as well as Sam. Now you are the third amigo.

Let me explain - note that the vast majority ignore Tonychat and others of similar ilk. Only a tiny few can't handle it and respond. What about decent chaps and new members who get their post and thread thrashed. The discussion/debate comes to a premature end. You of course can lay the blame on the everyone else by saying that they failed to use the ignore button. In the meantime, this chap pisses on your front door daily. Common sense will tell you that he is not involved in any discussion, offering a different point of view, or providing a new angle that others have missed. In contrast take Papsmear - rude, abusive at times, no sense of proportion yet he contributes significantly to any discussion. He is almost at the other end of the argument most of the time. Who do you think qualifies for free speech? By now you can tell that Sam has no idea what free speech is about.

Why would anyone need a moderator if the "ignore button" is readily available. I am sure you are not here to tend to the flower beds neither are you here to preach about the ignore button.

This is a free-for-all site where the host prefers to allow it. The only moderation lies in the powers of the older members. You, for one, refuses to wield the power, so you are also guilty of letting him run riot. What can a member do alone? Cooleo can only do so much to restrict him, and maybe drifter. The clones are on the march to allow him more rep points so now he can also infract those he dislike. The forum need the older members to keep those who disrupt the threads in check which many are not doing.

For those who like this free-for-all, but do not want to be stressed they can make use of the ignore button so as not to disrupt their flow. If you guys are not interested in using the power you have to allow new members to grow in this forum, but instead got infracted or angered by such obnoxious members, who are we to blame if they leave the forum for good?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When Leetarbar used a real life photo of a forum member as an avatar and it led to a war, you did nothing. The political folder was decimated.

There are more than 3 nicks using the avatar that I created for myself, defaced it and are now using it as their avatars. I have done nothing even though it's technically a breach of copyright.

Another guy is using GMS face as an avatar and calls himself God Meng Seng. I have done nothing. Should I remove him too?

Cooleo has stolen the national courtesy symbol and I can only assume he has not sought permission. What am I supposed to do?

Leepotism uses LKY's image for his avatar.

Where do I start and when do I stop when it comes to intervention.

As for the traffic part I have already mentioned numerous times that this forum is NOT a commercial enterprise. Apart from TWO banners where the advertisers actually ASKED for advertising space, do you see any other source of revenue? The answer is there is none.

If it dies it dies. It'll actually save me money if it ceases to exist. I keep it going for the sake of continuity and because it keeps me occupied and challenges me technically so that I'm reasonably up to date when it comes to advances in internet hosting and web design.

I don't keep track of what is going on. I only have a vague idea regarding what's behind the wars here. I assume it's over some pussy but that's the case in most wars so it doesn't surprise me.

When I moved from delphi to this platform, it was because delphi management [a guy by the name of Walte Howe] kept performing moderation and suspending accounts on my behalf. I didn't have a clue what was going on till then.

Please understand that more than 1000 messages are posted daily. I can't go through all of them. I just do a sample. There are many days when I logged on just to clear the moderated messages and didn't read a thing. This forum isn't my life. It's my entertainment.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's nothing wrong with having clone accounts. It's only when they're misused to manipulate rep points do they become a problem.

I have more than 10 clone accounts. Each one adopts a different persona. One even communicates in Singlish.

Something is not right in the first place, for a person to have clone accounts. For whatever reasons. :oIo:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's nothing wrong with having clone accounts. It's only when they're misused to manipulate rep points do they become a problem.

I have more than 10 clone accounts. Each one adopts a different persona. One even communicates in Singlish.

hi there

1. wow!
2. i am dumbfounded.
3. ah sam doing singlish!
4. where man?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are missing the point.

Infraction and the ignore button has not worked. We been there and done it. Why you think only Sam, Tonychat and you are advocating the approach.You are new and I understand that it will take time.

I cleaned up and revived 2 folders with some success, I gave a sticky to one thread that did not have anyone of these idiots in it and it is now record breaking thread. Each day, I would merge threads with common topics or same news to bring all discussions together and generate more interest. Once a week, I would select a topical thread to be sticky And remove outdated ones. I built up a guide in one, a reference resource in another. I would move threads to appropriate folders, delete nonsense and keep the troll in the emigration in check until he gave up.

I did not ban a single soul, neither have I given an infraction. When I moderated, Tonychat began behaving himself, Leetarbar removed his provocative avatar and with Sam's help moved his nonsense to the rubbish bin.

It's 3 days and we haven't seen anything except a welcome message, banning, and a lesson on "ignore button" Not once did I suggest to anyone to use the ignore button. There has been only 2 ardent advocates of the ignore button in this forum for years. Every time the issue of trolls comes up, the two step forward and giving their "ignore button" mantra. Guess who are the Two ? Bingo - Sam and Tony.

Look around you, the vast majority are matured members. They don't fall prey to trolls easily. Yet they complain because the damage it does in killing threads.Nobody is asking you to fix this deal quick. Just telling you that preaching about ignore button is not addressing the issue.

This is a free-for-all site where the host prefers to allow it. The only moderation lies in the powers of the older members. You, for one, refuses to wield the power, so you are also guilty of letting him run riot. What can a member do alone? Cooleo can only do so much to restrict him, and maybe drifter. The clones are on the march to allow him more rep points so now he can also infract those he dislike. The forum need the older members to keep those who disrupt the threads in check which many are not doing.For those who like this free-for-all, but do not want to be stressed they can make use of the ignore button so as not to disrupt their flow. If you guys are not interested in using the power you have to allow new members to grow in this forum, but instead got infracted or angered by such obnoxious members, who are we to blame if they leave the forum for good?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Something is not right in the first place, for a person to have clone accounts. For whatever reasons. :oIo:

Why is it not right? Not everyone wants to project their real life personas into cyberspace. As long as they aren't impersonating someone else, it's an individual decision.

I have one account for high brow stuff and another for my "Ah Beng" persona where I don't have to bother about grammar, spelling and sentence structure. A few others are used in various role playing situations. In scs, I drove everyone nuts pretending to be Foreign Talent. It was great fun.

It's like those movies where one actor plays multiple roles. Eddy Murphy's very good at it.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are missing the point.

Infraction and the ignore button has not worked. We been there and done it. Why you think only Sam, Tonychat and you are advocating the approach.You are new and I understand that it will take time.

I cleaned up and revived 2 folders with some success, I gave a sticky to one thread that did not have anyone of these idiots in it and it is now record breaking thread. Each day, I would merge threads with common topics or same news to bring all discussions together and generate more interest. Once a week, I would select a topical thread to be sticky And remove outdated ones. I built up a guide in one, a reference resource in another. I would move threads to appropriate folders, delete nonsense and keep the troll in the emigration in check until he gave up.

I did not ban a single soul, neither have I given an infraction. When I moderated, Tonychat began behaving himself, Leetarbar removed his provocative avatar and with Sam's help moved his nonsense to the rubbish bin.

It's 3 days and we haven't seen anything except a welcome message, banning, and a lesson on "ignore button" Not once did I suggest to anyone to use the ignore button. There has been only 2 ardent advocates of the ignore button in this forum for years. Every time the issue of trolls comes up, the two step forward and giving their "ignore button" mantra. Guess who are the Two ? Bingo - Sam and Tony.

Look around you, the vast majority are matured members. They don't fall prey to trolls easily. Yet they complain because the damage it does in killing threads.Nobody is asking you to fix this deal quick. Just telling you that preaching about ignore button is not addressing the issue.

I am not advocating using the "ignore button" but it can be a solution to those who prefer not to read garbage. I noticed Singveld banning many he considers as clones. So I suppose a mod can ban anyone in SBF and unban them too. If that is the case, banning will be the solution to those who abuse threads and instigate flaming.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty new here so maybe i am not familiar with the rules of the jungle, but look at some of these posts:

I am very happy to inform you that Papsmearer will not exist soon :biggrin:
As for u and Pui Cheebye, i dun see how u 2 can suck each other's cock and be buddies. Maybe one of u shud be banned.

Do u replace your wife's Cheebye too after she service banglahs?

Ok sorry, i will give you another infraction to amend the 'mistake'. :p

Is your love for man's cock passed down by your mother? Looks like it runs in the family. Have u tried asking your mum to suck ur dick? Her usual rate is $5 for bj. Not sure if she will give u a...

HEY OLD MAN! Buck up! U are boring me! CHAO CHEEBYE, is that the best you can do? HUH?!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Chao cheebye old man, go drink your ginseng tea, ice your old feeble lanjiao and come back...

Your mum begged me not to ban u. I agreed. Orally. She has been keeping me 'up all night' so that I can toy with u. Haha...

Error. Must have been 8,225 thrustings in your mum when she was having u. No wonder your head is caved in...and hence your nick - dickhead.

Whatever the arguments for or against rep points, for or against clones... i don't see how posts like these should be allowed to exist. I am writing this at the risk of getting zapped so moderators please take note in advance to revive powerless me who nevertheless subscribe to free speech. Hopefully this can demonstrate how some people abuse rep points system.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I for one advocate ignoring nicks and posts and you don't like, but I don't use the ignore button to ignore. You don't need the ignore button to ignore. Just scroll on and ignore. It's not the same as someone sprays graffiti on your door and you ignore it. It's like someone insane or retarded utters rubbish at you along the road and you ignore it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have one account for high brow stuff and another for my "Ah Beng" persona where I don't have to bother about grammar, spelling and sentence structure. A few others are used in various role playing situations. In scs, I drove everyone nuts pretending to be Foreign Talent. It was great fun.

People who speaks and writes good English flow with it without having to bother about good grammar, spelling and sentence structure. Instead, when they try to play the roles of Ah Bengs, they bother with how to style bad grammar, spelling and sentence structure. There some examples here, Kukubird58, Streetsmart73, PO2WQ et al. Don't misunderstand, I have nothing their styles, posts and personalities. :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am appreciative of your efforts in having this forum. This forum gives me the cover that no other can provide. I only post in this forum only. There have been others impersonating my nick in other forums. In my opinion, it has helped many especially those who migrated and more importantly those who wanted to know what is going on this country.

I also acknowledge the cover that you provided me and some on occasions when the authorities came knocking. Any other host would have shut me down to avoid the hassle. I also note that you recognise and manage avoiding the tipping point - valuable and rare trait.Also acknowledge that you do not seek funds or donations.

Take this as a storm in a teacup. There is somethings that both you and I have to disagree - our respective interpretation of spam, our respective valuing of the ignore button and our respective application of free speech which is intertwined with the interpretation of the spam. As I pointed out a number of times, there is no appetite to take out someone for the occasional indiscretion. I am referring to a tiny fraction.

Let me use real examples. If you took out SIFU for the abuse he heaped at you or that he was screwing members in the emigration thread, in my book, you would be justified. However if you took him out for targeting Tonychat, that is not kosher. Take them both out, that would make sense. Believe me I am pretty sure that no one is going to lose sleep over you sticking it to the trolls and those who eat troll baits.

This lecture about ignore buttons should be given at a kindergarten when teachers tell some parents on the first day that pacifiers are a not a good idea.
There are more than 3 nicks using the avatar that I created for myself, defaced it and are now using it as their avatars. I have done nothing even though it's technically a breach of copyright.

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty new here so maybe i am not familiar with the rules of the jungle, but look at some of these posts:

Whatever the arguments for or against rep points, for or against clones... i don't see how posts like these should be allowed to exist. I am writing this at the risk of getting zapped so moderators please take note in advance to revive powerless me who nevertheless subscribe to free speech. Hopefully this can demonstrate how some people abuse rep points system.

U highlighted some of my favorite lines. Thank you CloneMaster. I still chuckle when i read them. Could you help me to compile them into a little book? I could read them to my grandchildren in future.

Haha.....now then i realize how witty i am.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not suggesting banning anyone. Please read my post. When I was moderator, I never banned anyone. I also never preached on the ignore button. Instead I was merging threads to generate more discussions, consigning obnoxious and abusive threads laced with vulgarities to the rubbish bins etc. Soon people began to fall in line. After 3 days have you merged threads, move abusive posts, or any form of moderation?
I am not advocating using the "ignore button" but it can be a solution to those who prefer not to read garbage. I noticed Singveld banning many he considers as clones. So I suppose a mod can ban anyone in SBF and unban them too. If that is the case, banning will be the solution to those who abuse threads and instigate flaming.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clones are part and parcel of life in the cyberworld. No issue unless they create trouble. Mostly done out of fun. It appeals to some.The issue is not clones but those who create trouble. You have a single nick with no clones that be far more damaging.When I moderator, I saw the clones but I did nothing. I was actually surprised that they were posting articles.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess what? 99.99% of people in forums do that. That is not the issue. The issue is spammers, stalkers and thread killers. You do know what is spamming and stalking right?

I am not trying to nasty here but your habit of throwing motherhood statements when it is bleeding obvious to everyone that most normal people just ignore without using the ignore button. Just look at the people who reply to Tonychat and Leetarbar, hardly any. Most people give up on the thread.

I for one advocate ignoring nicks and posts and you don't like, but I don't use the ignore button to ignore. You don't need the ignore button to ignore. Just scroll on and ignore. It's not the same as someone sprays graffiti on your door and you ignore it. It's like someone insane or retarded utters rubbish at you along the road and you ignore it.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
U highlighted some of my favorite lines. Thank you CloneMaster. I still chuckle when i read them. Could you help me to compile them into a little book? I could read them to my grandchildren in future.
Haha.....now then i realize how witty i am.

Yes... very wickedty indeed... i guess Sam enjoys your sense of humour :smile:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guess what? 99.99% of people in forums do that. That is not the issue. The issue is spammers, stalkers and thread killers. You do know what is spamming and stalking right?

I am not trying to nasty here but your habit of throwing motherhood statements when it is bleeding obvious to everyone that most normal people just ignore without using the ignore button. Just look at the people who reply to Tonychat and Leetarbar, hardly any. Most people give up on the thread.

Just a little observation, do you realized that these 2 jokers do not usually post anywhere outside of this forum? I scanned through HWZ and even the 3-in-1 kopitiam and find their posts down there to be almost zilch.