• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Survey reveals: Singaporeans wish life was more like it was in the 70s and 80s

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can make own sandwich or cup noodles and bring to work. Save time no need to look for food during lunch some more.

That is what the young person did, bring make sandwiches from home, cup noodle.... or eat free from the pantry, I used to do that too ( think, many of us does that too). The point is, the cost of eating is eating into people's wallet, & when they Upgrade, Upgrade & Upgrade the food centres, the cost of food get UPGRADED too but they tell you it is still affordable. They will say, there are food that sells at $1.99 or even $2.00, good luck to you...why don't these people do the "walk" go try the $1.99 food? For example, $1.99 chicken rice with soup, you get a few thin silvers of chicken, smallest bowl of rice, throw a very think sliced cucumbers & sad looking coriander or spring onion, the soup taste like, it was Ajinomoto added to boiled water throw in the soy sauce.

It is very expensive having meals nowadays on a salary person wages....unlike those who can employ renown cook, to cook your meals all the way from Japan....hmmm!

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
People who live in the past will never be able to improve their future.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time chingay is really a chinese event with dragon, and lion dances. Now is a wayang show with all types of nationality.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time chingay is really a chinese event with dragon, and lion dances. Now is a wayang show with all types of nationality.

Yes, I want to say the same thing too.
When it is a Chinese culture event in a multi-racial place, only the other minorities hv the
right to get involved..eg, Malays, Indians, Eurasians.
The rest , pls stay out.
What does this nation want to prove to the Universe?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are you all so racist??? any s'pore event should be celebrated by all, everybody happy is the best to kepp s'pore going forward.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least when I play outside I dun get raped or sodomized or even disappeared. People are nicer during 70s and 80s. CPF interests rate was the highest!!

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
why are you all so racist??? any s'pore event should be celebrated by all, everybody happy is the best to kepp s'pore going forward.

Racists? Only the local participates. The rest all over the World be spectators.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least when I play outside I dun get raped or sodomized or even disappeared. People are nicer during 70s and 80s. CPF interests rate was the highest!!

Yes, Fixed Deposit rates was 5-6% & POSB was offering 9.5%....savings rates was very high too, they have Finance Houses that offered high rates too. But the average person could barely afford $500 to place 1 year on FD....only those who are well to do, could place on 3 moths roll over & the richer ones, 1 month rollover...Forex Deposits was just coming in, people place I think at that time minimum S$25,000 with the banks ( offshore banks, amount is higher, around S$100,000 I think) in currencies like AUD, NZD or USD, especially AUD, that was offering very high interest rates.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I want to say the same thing too.
When it is a Chinese culture event in a multi-racial place, only the other minorities hv the
right to get involved..eg, Malays, Indians, Eurasians.
The rest , pls stay out.
What does this nation want to prove to the Universe?
it because of money they bastardise the chingay until it is crap and nothing cultural or original about it. they wanna copy mardi gras but even my brazilian friend says it s a joke and nothing original. even the mainland china people laughing at the westernised parade.
Go to JB on wed Mar 11 for the original 2 hour long Chingay procession. only original one left in the world I think, veryunique and interesting procession
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xEFuj7cjtU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0V-yTN4Js
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chingay_Parade_(South_East_Asia)

Last edited: