• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Survey reveals: Singaporeans wish life was more like it was in the 70s and 80s

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in those days in the 70s and 80s, opposition parties were strong.

in the 90s and 2000s, opposition parties were weak and government neglected its own situation.
that is why we are facing so many problems now.

in order to have a better singapore, PAP must be voted out.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and yet these stupid mofos continue to vote PAP.

i too miss singapore of the 90s.....who the fuck wants to live in this overcrowded shithole now?its like a cattle farm.everywhere u go its packed to the brim with human bodies,every train,every bus,every mall,every open space.people that u dont want to deal with or see.
in australia u can easily walk 2 miles out of the city center and not see a single soul in sight,its like u have the whole world to urself and all the privacy,no human beings to disturb u and bother u with their "noise".being in singapore is like living in a fucking overcrowded shop house in kowloon city with 20 other families.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we also dont need high pay so long as government dont impose unnecessary taxes on us.

we want government to cut down unnecessary expenses such as brompton bike and herman miller chairs.

when gan kim yong was minister of manpower, he order his men to buid him a bath tub in his office room.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ndp in the 70s. shiok or not?

image.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You feel patriotic, from the side of the road watching the parade passing by, no need "goodie bag" to entice you. All you need is a small flag you wave & kids..would have homemade one themselves...Some will even feel much more patriotic to see their sons, marching in SAF uniforms....now, it is a big wayang at whatever it is shown....a spectacle of a nation that has lost its soul to the multitudes of imported foreigners...:rolleyes:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
This survey results is bad news for PAP, it shows that at least 50% of commoners are unhappy. Looks like the ground is not sweet, PAP is going to lose worse than the last GE.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

View attachment 20000

not born in the 70s but this singapore had a genuine oriental far eastern flair and style......not like nowadays ndp in some big grey soulless billion dollar white elephant stadium featuring flag bearers and contigents of companies and corporations like singtel smrt ntuc dbs and whatnot....wtf i had no idea a national birthday celebration focus is a corporate branding event and not a celebration of the nation's history and culture.yes we all know they are the sponsor of the goodie bags but u dont need to

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This survey results is bad news for PAP, it shows that at least 50% of commoners are unhappy. Looks like the ground is not sweet, PAP is going to lose worse than the last GE.

I happen to talk to a person from the 22-28 years age group, & another around 35 plus age group, his wife & with a child recently at a coffeeshop, first one, complaining of high cost of going to work & eating where the person is working, near Amoy Street; the nearest hawker centre CLOSED FOR RENOVATION, eating became extremely costly, very unhappy with "mee siam am hum". The other, complained about Cost of Living, Housing, bringing up children costs & both husband & wife are working couples..again, very unhappy with "mee siam main hum"...

I guess....the 55 years & above, are very happy with them...after all "OLD IS GOld"...:rolleyes:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not born in the 70s but this singapore had a genuine oriental far eastern flair and style......not like nowadays ndp in some big grey soulless billion dollar white elephant stadium featuring flag bearers and contigents of companies and corporations like singtel smrt ntuc dbs and whatnot....wtf i had no idea a national birthday celebration focus is a corporate branding event and not a celebration of the nation's history and culture.yes we all know they are the sponsor of the goodie bags but u dont need to

to experience 70s ndp, born maybe in the 60s lah. I think in those days, the parade contingents are also the same as today. instead of GLCs of today, it schools, unions, PA, civil services ministries and some bigger local companies. I always wonder ndp still call parade when the marching contingent only 15min only. according to my mom, last time contingents must march quite a distance so that citizens lining the street can see. those days no money buy telly and parade during day time. current format machiam north korea arirang mass display festival but compare to the NK, only a half fark standard.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to reflect sg's embrace of ft's, it's time to bring in the ah neh camel contingent. very garang and colorful.

image.jpg

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the BBC TV program "SG at 50" telecast last weekend, it was revealed that a 2012 poll showed that half of the respondents would emigrate if they had the chance.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the BBC TV program "SG at 50" telecast last weekend, it was revealed that a 2012 poll showed that half of the respondents would emigrate if they had the chance.

sinkies have becum the world's most aspiring travelers and internationally mobile population, thanks to the pap. :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happen to talk to a person from the 22-28 years age group, & another around 35 plus age group, his wife & with a child recently at a coffeeshop, first one, complaining of high cost of going to work & eating where the person is working, near Amoy Street; the nearest hawker centre CLOSED FOR RENOVATION, eating became extremely costly, very unhappy with "mee siam am hum". The other, complained about Cost of Living, Housing, bringing up children costs & both husband & wife are working couples..again, very unhappy with "mee siam main hum"...

I guess....the 55 years & above, are very happy with them...after all "OLD IS GOld"...:rolleyes:
Can make own sandwich or cup noodles and bring to work. Save time no need to look for food during lunch some more.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, I think climate change has affected our environment already. It really feels like an oven sometimes. In the 70's and 80's, we can play football in the afternoon, and morning was really cool. Buses no need aircon also can.