• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Strange Lineup of Speakers @ GKS State Funeral

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure that cynic is the appropriate term. I think he is just unsure and not keen to make an commitment. Cynics tend to be decisive in forming a view and it is typically cynical. Based on his past postings, he is not confrontational and prefers to avoid controversy. Where he has strong views, he rather not raise it unless no one has a contrarian view. The danger is the constant need to take the path of least resistance. Note that he sought an opinion rather than take a view. In fact I notice that he seeks the most opinions amongst all forummers on a wide range of topic.

none of the above, simply means you are a cynic :biggrin: and you are obviously not alone. there are many here.

to each his own....

jw5

Loyal
I am not sure that cynic is the appropriate term. I think he is just unsure and not keen to make an commitment. Cynics tend to be decisive in forming a view and it is typically cynical. Based on his past postings, he is not confrontational and prefers to avoid controversy. Where he has strong views, he rather not raise it unless no one has a contrarian view. The danger is the constant need to take the path of least resistance. Note that he sought an opinion rather than take a view. In fact I notice that he seeks the most opinions amongst all forummers on a wide range of topic.
How nice of you to take an interest in me.
The appropriate term for you would be "politician".

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering ....

If JI terrorists had shackled up in one of the offices in the DBS Building opposite Singapore Conference Hall, one bazzoka loaded with C5 explosives fired into the Hall at 3pm would bring International Headlines tomorrow & decimate the Singapore Government as we know it in one fatal move ....

SHUDDER !
wakao! fren, r u sure u been thru NS or not? the explosives will ignite as soon as the RPG is launched la..... the heat from the ignition will trigger liao. it will become headline laughing stock news for the terrorist network la.

if terrorists really wanna do it right, they would not bother wasting lives on sinkie land. they just need to use all their riches to screw up the world finances & stock mkts.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the proper term or description that applies to me would be "obstinate busybody". A politician is someone by necessity would identify himself because he is seeking endorsement to achieve a position or he maneuvers to achieve it. Merely maneuvering without revealing his desired public persona does not make a politician.

How nice of you to take an interest in me.
The appropriate term for you would be "politician".

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the proper term or description that applies to me would be "obstinate busybody". A politician is someone by necessity would identify himself because he is seeking endorsement to achieve a position or he maneuvers to achieve it. Merely maneuvering without revealing his desired public persona does not make a politician.

A politician was seriously ill, collapsed and ambulanced to hospital. The doctor attended to him and checked him. The nurse asked, what intravenous drip should we administer to revive him? Glucose or potassium or both? The doctor replied, publicity. Call the press, he'll wake up.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for Ms Marian Goh aka Mrs John Hui - the grand-niece, looks & speaks like a little school gal. Hard to believe she is a mother of 14yr son & 9yr daughter ....

ok hoo haa over .... back to the grind!

are you blind? you're obviously having some delusion about the identity of this person. marian hui is dr goh's young grand niece, 17 years old, currently studying in VJC. you actually saw her on tv and continued thinking she's some wife of some dr? with two kids, including a son that's 3 years younger than herself? what a fucking retard seriously

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are you blind? you're obviously having some delusion about the identity of this person. marian hui is dr goh's young grand niece, 17 years old, currently studying in VJC. you actually saw her on tv and continued thinking she's some wife of some dr? with two kids, including a son that's 3 years younger than herself? what a fucking retard seriously

u dun believe 17 yrs old can have so many kids?:confused:
i was seeing my family gp when a young ger in sch uniform came in with her mom, a 3 yrs old boy n a baby ger in her mom's arms.
when the counter staff asked for her age: "15"!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had stated my correction in the other thread:
Dr John Hui father, wife Geraldine Goh
children: 17 Marian Hui, son 14, youngest dotter 9. fucking retard yourself..
typo cannot ah, she is the grand-niece, i tot the niece ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good one. That perfectly reflects a politician.
A politician was seriously ill, collapsed and ambulanced to hospital. The doctor attended to him and checked him. The nurse asked, what intravenous drip should we administer to revive him? Glucose or potassium or both? The doctor replied, publicity. Call the press, he'll wake up.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
u dun believe 17 yrs old can have so many kids?:confused:
i was seeing my family gp when a young ger in sch uniform came in with her mom, a 3 yrs old boy n a baby ger in her mom's arms.
when the counter staff asked for her age: "15"!
15?!?!?! that means she delivered the 3yr old kid when she was 12. she probably was having sex at 11.

classified as statutory rape, cos she was a minor, and still is a minor. unless she's legally married.

my guess is, she's just a big sis taking care of both her siblings.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dhana not best choice because he has never worked closely with late Dr Goh since he was seconded from government service in late 1960s to start DBS Bank. To me, a person like Goh Kim Leong who worked with Dr Goh in both Mindef and MOE is more appropriate.

One person who worked closely with GKS was Koh Beng Seng ( he who said that bankers "should be fried like little fish")was GKS' blue -eyed boy at MAS. He was spotted because he happened to be on the same plane en route to USA ( KBS to attend an MBA course at Columbia; GKS to Washington for IMF/World Bank meetings. It is odd that KBS was not featured in the CNA / ST tributes to GKS...he must have offended someone up there