• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore former President S R Nathan conferred Order of Temasek, First Class.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medals from Singapore are nothing. Look at Obama, start drone wars and get Nobel Peace Prize. No Sinkie has ever gotten a Nobel Prize.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese should start honoring those collaborators who contributed to the war campaign of the imperial army on every 15th Aug. I would recommend Prataman and LKY for the award.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese should start honoring those collaborators who contributed to the war campaign of the imperial army on every 15th Aug. I would recommend Prataman and LKY for the award.

unlike Singapiore Japan is a democracy now

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is 70 years ago already. you still want to expose him, trial against him on war crimes and sentence him to death meh ? :biggrin:

The Chinks in China will not allow this kind of thing to happen. Don't believe ask HK14K. Sinkieland is sinking deeper. :oIo:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinks in China will not allow this kind of thing to happen. Don't believe ask HK14K. Sinkieland is sinking deeper. :oIo:

well. the China Chinks still greatly honor Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai, who colluded with the Japanese during the war years. you might like to Baidu the Pan Hannian story to find out what happened back then.

Prata must be thinking the same as LKY back then. in the own words of LKY from his book on why he worked for the Japanese invaders : it was the best option at that time. LKY is really a born opportunist who has no principles at all. :(

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Singapore's former President S R Nathan has been conferred the nation's highest award -- The Order of Temasek, First Class. This award was last given to former Chief Justice Yong Pung How in 1999.[/h]
s-r-nathan.jpg
Singapore's former President S R Nathan. (AFP/TOSHIFUMI KITAMURA)

lianbeng salutes Mr S.R. Nathan, sir! :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well. the China Chinks still greatly honor Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai, who colluded with the Japanese during the war years. you might like toBaidu the Pan Hannian story to find out what happened back then.

I will try googling instead of Baiduing. :p

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/mao_zedong.htm

"From 1937 to 1945, the enmity between the KMT and the Communists was put to one side as both concentrated their resources on the Japanese who had launched a full-scale invasion of China in 1937. It was during this time that Mao developed his knowledge about guerrilla warfare that he was to use with great effect in the civil war against the KMT once the war with Japan had ended in 1945."

Maybe HK14K can advise us better on the history of China.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My heart cries for President Ong Teng Cheong.. the one true Singapore President, who's swept aside for doing the right things....

OTC was an integral part of the PAP leadership during the 1980s. why the Opposition people now use him as a symbol for those resisting the PAP government ? OTC was Chinese educated, right ? when he was DPM, did he say a thing against the PAP suppression of Chinese culture and dialects ? OTC was no hero to me.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
old emotional issues
should be all forgotten
the truth has been twisted again and again
let us just move on
work for a better tomorrow

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My heart cries for President Ong Teng Cheong.. the one true Singapore President, who's swept aside for doing the right things....

lianbeng also feels sad for his passing but we must always look forward, not backward! :biggrin: Majulah Singapura - move forward, Singapore! not gostan all the time!