• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Six million people in Singapore....

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAPzis are rent-seekers. What they want is a lot of people in Singapore to pay towards their pot of gold. If you are rich why wouldn't you want to setup business that doesn't require innovation in Singapore?Even with high rents, the sheer number and density of people and cheap labour is a good way to reap huge profits.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's good news for property investors. This means property prices will only go up in the long term as the government is attracting more wealthy foreigners to migrate to SG turning it into another Monaco. I always look at the glass half full instead of half empty.

Property go up good ... U guys can sell your property and move to another country . don't miss this chance Liao :wink:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Okay, when I go to Vivo City, I think more than 1 in 2 is a foreigner. When I go down to NEX, I think there are also many foreigners there. When I go to Peoples' Park, I feel that the whole place is like a small town in China.Even the retailers and hawkers are PRCs! So everywhere I go, there are so many foreigners. In Geylang, certainly you can find many foreigners. In Sentosa and in MBS, the same. In almost every niche now in Singapore, you find foreigners.

So is this bad ? Personally, I think it's good. I can see "many people" and I can sense some economic activities going on. If we do not have sufficient people, this whole place is like a ghost town - like some sleepy towns in Australia. Singapore is bubbling with activities - everywhere is alive! Most alive in Geylang. Can you imagine a lively Geylang without all the foreigners? I think all the kopitiams will have to close shop.The bars will have to close down. All the entertainment outlets will have to close down.

We need people to make Singapore prosper really. We need some mass for things to be done. If we are just 3 million people, I think this place will be a very dull place. So if we can get 6 million people here, good. If we can have 8 millions, better still. If we can get 10
millions, we get hit the clouds! Yes, it will be crowded and congested, but it's still better than to see a sleepy dull and deserted Singapore.

Thank you.Don't bash me okay.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
why US, UK and Europe doing years ago what S'pore is now doing...................

that's why i've been saying S'pore and all these Western countries are all on the same master's agenda..............

S'pore is still a Crown Colony owned by the Rothschilds.............the Lee Family is merely like the governor or viceroy.............

Lee Hsien Loong is trying to impress his masters so he can stay on as governor....................he's doing this by turning S'pore into another Monaco.............letting in foreigners.............greatly strengthening the SAF and getting more involved in American military efforts..............cozying up to India becoz US is doing that.............etc etc

I have always said that LKY had sold this country and his soul to the Zionist.
He mortaged Sinkies to the Jews for his personal glory.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I'm in school the textbook say Singapore is so small a population of 4million would be disastrous. I suppose the textbook was wrong then?

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen of Singapore, especially Citizens, those born and bred Singaporeans, (Haroof! Haroof! Haroof!).

The question is why it has lead to mass exodus of foreigners into Singapore?

What benefits does it have to the nation overall?

What benefits does it have to the Citizens of Singapore overall?

We were told to save our reserves for the future - a future with immigrants who have not contributed a cent to our hard earned reserves!:confused:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the running of the whole country is getting seriously warped.

When you travel in the MRT, the situation is like some kind of jammed sardine scenario. You do not even have space to fart let alone find a seat. This is ridiculous to say the least !!:mad:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In another given scenario, the over-population here is something like the whole Roman Empire is housed in the confines of the coliseum !!:*:

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, when I go to Vivo City, I think more than 1 in 2 is a foreigner. When I go down to NEX, I think there are also many foreigners there. When I go to Peoples' Park, I feel that the whole place is like a small town in China.Even the retailers and hawkers are PRCs! So everywhere I go, there are so many foreigners. In Geylang, certainly you can find many foreigners. In Sentosa and in MBS, the same. In almost every niche now in Singapore, you find foreigners.

So is this bad ? Personally, I think it's good. I can see "many people" and I can sense some economic activities going on. If we do not have sufficient people, this whole place is like a ghost town - like some sleepy towns in Australia. Singapore is bubbling with activities - everywhere is alive! Most alive in Geylang. Can you imagine a lively Geylang without all the foreigners? I think all the kopitiams will have to close shop.The bars will have to close down. All the entertainment outlets will have to close down.

We need people to make Singapore prosper really. We need some mass for things to be done. If we are just 3 million people, I think this place will be a very dull place. So if we can get 6 million people here, good. If we can have 8 millions, better still. If we can get 10
millions, we get hit the clouds! Yes, it will be crowded and congested, but it's still better than to see a sleepy dull and deserted Singapore.

how about 20 million? you fucking numbskull

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I'm in school the textbook say Singapore is so small a population of 4million would be disastrous. I suppose the textbook was wrong then?

The textbooks were written by the govt. The govt must be wrong then. Why are we so sure that the govt will be right this time round?

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of these 6M, 2.5M (500k abroad) are SGs and 3.5M are foreigners. In the workplace, it will be something like 1 SG to 9 FTrash. Do you still call this a country? 60%, you must be worse than being daft to continue to support such a wayward traitor Leegime!

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how about 20 million? you fucking numbskull

wonderful post! brilliant 20 million post! i say this to you...FUCKING IDIOT!!!...GO FUCKEE YOURSELF!!!...what's wrong with 6 million people in singapore. you jealous or what...go FUCK OFF!!!!...this is a clean forum, so dont go fucking around!!! shit on your head...meow!!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have to disagree about things being rosy in Spore. High rent is killing biznesses here. Seen many biznisesses go belly up & if you go to the malls many of those that are survived are struggling. This includes hawker stalls. The place that I go to regularly have had 2 stall vacated in the last 6 months. These were long time tenants. The stalls now have new tenants but I don't think they will survive.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brought my parents to Crystal Jade for makan.Nahbeh so crowded.Business so good.Service damned slow until my father wanted to fall asleep. Went outside, also so crowded.Business roaring like mad. Went to Fairprice, nahbeh, also damned crowded and congested.Business roaring away.Cash registers ticklilng away. Went to the atrium, also crowded. Car parks also crowded...

This is good for Singapore.So many people.So many businesses.So many things to see, to eat and to buy. Singapore rocks with more people. The more the merrier. We dont want to live in some sleepy cemetery in DownUnder. Singapore Rocks!!!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually six million is not such a bad figure because it could be much worse. Hopefully the Govt keeps to its word and not exceed that.

Incidentally what will happen to the low TFR and aging problem? Somehow when the population reaches 6 million, the problem will be solved automatically?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Actually six million is not such a bad figure because it could be much worse.

me would respectfully disgree. 6 million folks on 710 sqkm of land translates to over 8.45K folks per sqkm. this figure is true if every inch of our land has someone standing on it. factor in our SAF playgrounds, the golf courses, reservoirs, industrial sites. we are talking about over some 10K folks per sqkm at any point in time. this crowd size is machiam a WP rally at Hougang every where me go. thanks, but no thanks.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me would respectfully disgree. 6 million folks on 710 sqkm of land translates to over 8.45K folks per sqkm. this figure is true if every inch of our land has someone standing on it.

I am not worried about the 6 million figure and if we can plan our infrastructure like the ever efficient Hongkongers instead of the cronies, we might just bear with it. I am more concerned that they can't keep to this target as all the reasons they quoted for the need for such a population are unlikely to go away even if a 6 million population is reached.