• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SITEX Fair - to spend or not to spend

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lousy gov't in place lah. Alot of waste & self interest, spend how much the fat cats come first. Safe your money.

The economy for the past 10 years had not improved. The white scums just merely pushing the index up only for it to come down.

Just like the story "3 Little Pigs", the house is built with straws, one blow that's it.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Goh say spend because he want economy be stimulate and justify his million dollar pay. Remember he now sitting in MAS.

Pinky is only half right. If you dun buy, red dot will not even earn anything! And if they cannot tax you enough, they will think of other means to tax you.

My say will be will it bring you value? For me $600 for a camera is not worth it as I dun really need this gadget and hardly will use it. But for you, maybe you will use it every day for 2 years, thus it's $1/day as pleasure. Use longer, the cost goes dun lower.

brillant advice! must understand the value of your purchases/expenses

jw5

Loyal
I expect people will be curious and ask such a question.

Honestly no, no matter how well the aunty sings; she doesn't look that pathetic though it takes great courage to sing for the thousands of people walking past her.

No matter how civic-minded you are, I won't expect you to go around picking up every piece of litter on the road to keep Singapore clean.

No one will ever forget what MM Lee says " Nothing is for free". I rather did it my way!

Well, some people don't even bat an eyelid on $450 for a bottle of whisky and a nite of fun at KTV than to give the aunty 50 cents.

To cut the answer short : No, I save the $600 for another day.
So why did you mention her in your post? Any relevance to the point that you saved $600 instead of spending it at the fair?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bought a Panny LX-3, 2 week b4 SITEX. $699 with 4GB card/casing/screen protector. SITEX price $799 with additional 8GB card ($30+), table top tripod ($10) and cleaning kit ($10)... Throw in $50 worth of "freebie" and sell u $100 more.... Fuck SITEX!!! :oIo:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I almost bought the 40 inch Panasonic LCD eventhough I didn't need another,
cause the deal was very good. For $1599, you get that plus $500 Taka/NTUC voucher
and a home theater system valued at about $400.

Effectively, it cost only $1099 to replace my old 22inch LCD monitor with a 40-inch LCD TV.
Give away the system as a housewarming gift and spend the $500 on NTUC groceries.

Tore myself away as I felt guilty about spending unnecessarily on the onset of a recession.
Next year, I may get a 50 inch one at the same price as there is an LCD glut now.