• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Mat earns $7k a mth driving taxi, pay higher than a police ASP

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Oo Yah Boh !

One of the residents in my condo is a cabby......best of all the cab is usually parked in the carpark most of the time.....
My friend's neighbour also drives a cab (landed property)......so maybe the $7K income thingy is no myth :rolleyes:

One of the my neighbours (landed property) is a cab driver.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the my neighbours (landed property) is a cab driver.

My point being if the cabbies own those properties...........if so did they earn their real estate by driving a taxi........or is it the reality that most have seen better days but now have to supplement income as cab drivers....

godiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

My point being if the cabbies own those properties...........if so did they earn their real estate by driving a taxi........or is it the reality that most have seen better days but now have to supplement income as cab drivers....

Inheritance? Luck of the draw? Side income? If only work as taxi driver then I personally think landed property is very very difficult.

T

TuaBui

High Earner Drivers Never Never drive a Kia SilverCab.

Dont ask me why !!! You go find out the answers yourself !!!

530851_10151048354917115_36421388_n.jpg

Here's a man who quit his job as a security manager to be a taxi driver and has no regrets. Muhammad Hasnor Hashim, 32, says he earns $7,000 a month. He is among a new breed of younger cabbies who say that if you work hard and work smart, there's never a shortage of passengers. “My taxi is a money machine,” says the father of three, who is also pleased that he gets to have dinner with his family every day. Read MARIA ALMENOAR's story in The Sunday Times

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the residents in my condo is a cabby......best of all the cab is usually parked in the carpark most of the time.....
My friend's neighbour also drives a cab (landed property)......so maybe the $7K income thingy is no myth :rolleyes:

in the good old days, many cabbies did own properties because they hired out their taxis, machiam like comfort on a small scale.

there were also those "lau pian"(hokkien) aka 4D or toto runner and the taxi were for show to justified income.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Inheritance? Luck of the draw? Side income? If only work as taxi driver then I personally think landed property is very very difficult.

Yes and/or like bro mentioned got lucrative sideline........if not you dun get rich by driving a cab.........taxi fare is fixed x the numbers of hours worked......even if someone dun sleep drive 24 hours per day there is a ceiling to how much he can make.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, to tell the entire world our taxi drivers are doing well, contrary to what the majority are saying. Others not making 7k are just plain lazy. The complain of high rentals etc cannot be true.

Secondly, they profile a youing Malay. Why? Could have featured an old Mat instead. Or a cabby of another race. It was a calculated move, imo.

Devan's son is in overdrive mood...the Josephine Teo/Tharman duet must have been orchestrated by him too...pity
all is not working as planned....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah i suppose so don't think my neighbour bought the house due to his taxi earnings.

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

There had been cases of taxi driver using their cab to carry drugs. When found, say it must have been left by the passenger?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lame Lay ! Lidat Oso Can Ah ?

There had been cases of taxi driver using their cab to carry drugs. When found, say it must have been left by the passenger?

Lidat also can ah ? A little lame lay. You have forgotten that the police may have already video recorded everything down when he did the transaction with the syndicate half an hour ago.

Digital-Video-Camera-DV-385-685-.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes and/or like bro mentioned got lucrative sideline........if not you dun get rich by driving a cab.........taxi fare is fixed x the numbers of hours worked......even if someone dun sleep drive 24 hours per day there is a ceiling to how much he can make.

That is why some people banking on cabs with higher fare takings. Yes, the emergence of the "or chia" ! Not that many on the road compared to the blue ones.

5547560568_bcb668039c_z.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

in the good old days, many cabbies did own properties because they hired out their taxis, machiam like comfort on a small scale.

there were also those "lau pian"(hokkien) aka 4D or toto runner and the taxi were for show to justified income.

Heard about it in other forums. But, JBJ fought for Sinkies saying Singaporeans were disallowed to own their taxis.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's a man who quit his job as a security manager to be a taxi driver and has no regrets. Muhammad Hasnor Hashim, 32, says he earns $7,000 a month. He is among a new breed of younger cabbies who say that if you work hard and work smart, there's never a shortage of passengers. “My taxi is a money machine,” says the father of three, who is also pleased that he gets to have dinner with his family every day. Read MARIA ALMENOAR's story in The Sunday Times

this reporter a pinay?