• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Mat earns $7k a mth driving taxi, pay higher than a police ASP

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Oo Yah Boh !

Go figure out :

5.30 - 9.30 am Starts work plying the street. Make enough to pay taxi rental.

9.30 - 2.00pm Drive children to in-law Eunos home, Have lunch and even a short nap

2.00 - 6.00pm Afternoon shift.

6pm - 10.00pm Have dinner with family and continue driving to about 10pm before calling it a day.

This kind of life is almost like working for 16 hours each day. Unlike a office working finish work at 6pm can switch off and rest.
Some doubts here : You can suka suka come back home for dinner accurately at 6pm. What if you are at Changi area and need to come back to Woodlands ? Moreover 6pm, everywhere jammed. You do not have to wash your car after a day drive ? Some more can rest on Sunday.

I assumed $7000 is the gross income. So to earn $7000 in 26 days (30 day minus 4 sundays). You have to earn $270 a day. Minus off taxi rental $3000 (30 days x $100), petrol $1300 (26 working days x $50). So the net income per month is $2700. Which is what average taxi driver earning a month. (Im not even mentioning other expense like CBD,ERP,car park, car wash.) So the only winner here is Taxi Company. You rest still have to pay taxi rental.

So if the $7000 is the net income. That means your gross income will be even more than $10000. Everyday you have to earn about $384 !

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Want to earn $6k to $7k a month? Be a cabby![/h]

PostDateIcon.png
October 28th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

In what appears to be a propaganda dished out by PAPpy’s mouthpiece, Sunday
Times published two stories of high earning cabbies earning $6k to $7k a
month.

Yeah, you don’t have to stress yourself in schools to earn that degree. Just
get a taxi driving licence. That appears to the the gist of the report, at
least.

First story here. Ex-manager
earns $7k as cabby

Cabby Muhammad Hasnor Hashim’s story became a hot
topic online after a blurb for this report was posted on The Straits Times
Facebook page last night. It attracted 700 “likes” and more than 120 comments in
under two hours. Many cheered the cabby, seen here in his taxi and helping a
passenger at Changi Airport, while
others expressed disbelief that he could earn $7,000 a month
. — ST
PHOTOS: SEAH KWANG PENG

Excerpt:

Working at least eight hours a day
lets him take home about $200, after paying $100 to rent the cab and about $50
for fuel.

To earn more, Mr Muhammad needs to stay on the road longer.

But weekends are when he generates
most of his earnings and he works hardest on Friday and Saturday nights
working through the wee hours to pick up revellers at the various
nightspots.

On a good night, he can earn up to
$500
. “Now we are young, we should ‘cheong’,” he said, using a Hokkien
word that means “charge” or “go all out”.

Here is the math.
$200 net per day x 26 days =
$5200
Additionally, on weekends, $500 x 2 nights (Fri/Sat) x 4 weeks =
$4000.
Then, $5400 + $4000 = $9400 (assuming that’s a good month)

Second story here. He
earns $6k and is his own boss

Excerpt:

Former sales manager Mark Leow took a pay cut to become a taxi driver but
still considers it a good move.

“I can do more for myself as a taxi driver than working for other people,”
said the 32-year-old Institute of Technical Education graduate in automotive
repairs.

Mr Leow, who used to work in sales at a multinational company, declined to
reveal his previous salary, but said he now earns more than $6,000 a month as a
cabby…

A typical day for him starts at 6am
and ends around 6pm, though on some days he pulls a longer day and ends at 9pm.
On Sundays, he rests.

On average, he earns about $300 a day after paying $155 for rental and $40
for fuel. He said although he earned more in his previous job, he also spent a
lot of time away from home because of business trips overseas.

The cabby in the report above nets $300 daily on average. He
does not work on Sundays. 26 days multiply $300 gives us $7800.

My comments and conclusion -

I don’t doubt the two stories reported in the Sunday Times. So are these two
stories trying to tell Singaporeans that there are jobs out there for the
taking?

Yep, PAPpy is sure telling you that you don’t need to be stressed in schools
scoring As, trying to get into NUS or NTU. Just chill out and be a cabby. You
can earn much more than many managers!

Barrie

* The writer blogs at http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.com/

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

The person in the pink shirt driving the cab?

If you didn't mention the word "pink", I may not notice it too. Sometimes, it is my monitor's temperature selection (ie. reddish) that gives me the wrong impression that it could be a white polo shirt.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, to tell the entire world our taxi drivers are doing well, contrary to what the majority are saying. Others not making 7k are just plain lazy. The complain of high rentals etc cannot be true.

Secondly, they profile a youing Malay. Why? Could have featured an old Mat instead. Or a cabby of another race. It was a calculated move, imo.

Thanks Bro GoldenDragon for your reply. :smile:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if 7k made by this Mat, can he maintain the 7k consistently? I am sure there must be some cabbies who made more than 7k previously. Could be just lucky but I am pretty sure it cannot be maintained. More accurate to use annual than just one month to guage.

Bro GoldenDragon, maybe the prostitutes all lined up and phone cab queue up for a ride with him to make it happen for that month. Ha ha... :eek:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow! 154th's recent portrayal of Sinkapoor to brainwash sinkies and to impress the world!

Cleaner's pay ( sakae sushi ) $3k pm! ( no takers! )
Taxi driver's income $7k pm!
MIWs salaries $1-3mil pa.!
$1k can buy flat!
$8 for by-pass!
The Land of Dreams! Majullah Sinkapoor!

Hey Bro Cheerguan, needless to say, more to come. :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either pimping or personally involved. In the case of the latter, it is whether he uses his mouth or backside to work. He is quite yien tao. Not likely to use his hands coz after driving taxi, sure very rough one.

Bro GoldenDragon, just some wicked thinking. Long time ago when most cars are on manual mode, there are alot of bengs who would change the regual plastic or leather knob on the gear shift handle to one of glass knob / glass ball.

My driving instructor is one of them. I noticed that he has a penchant of putting his palm on that glass knob / ball and machiam sayang that glass knob ... like he derived some sexual arousement from doing so. :biggrin:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But, I'm sure it cannot be as OMO or one man to one cab. Sharing with another fellow man will share the cost of operation. You can even rotate duty if one gets sick leaves or goes for a holiday. He hates the full-time shift. Perhaps, some young men can still take it like this fella here.

Bro Conqueror, one of my taxi driving relatives used to be an OMO and pay the full rental all by himself. Not sure about now. :rolleyes:

hugobossy

nowadays avg taxi per trip is $30. earning 7k, should not be a problem.

now not sure the common taxi driver telling a truth that they only earn 2-3k per month.

you figure out...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you didn't mention the word "pink", I may not notice it too. Sometimes, it is my monitor's temperature selection (ie. reddish) that gives me the wrong impression that it could be a white polo shirt.

Why did you change your monitor's temp? or is there something wrong with your screen?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP trying to create a bubble in taxi driver license. With these two stories, thousands more will try to become taxi drivers. PAP can then increase the license fees and increase the training course fees. The taxi companies can raise the rental. Somebody needs to make more money and the suckers are going to give it to them.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

now not sure the common taxi driver telling a truth that they only earn 2-3k per month.

you figure out...

Also must depend whether 1 person ( the hirer himself driving the Cab ) OR Share with Relief Driver

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you figure out...

Declare too many IRAS will dig some.
So just declare $2.5k. After deduct everything no need to pay tax la!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP trying to create a bubble in taxi driver license. With these two stories, thousands more will try to become taxi drivers. PAP can then increase the license fees and increase the training course fees. The taxi companies can raise the rental. Somebody needs to make more money and the suckers are going to give it to them.

The % of increase in taxi drivers intake after this story will likely be part of the 60.1% of gong cheebyes

godiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

Next spin : Taxi driver 7k + taxi driver wife pay = exceed hdb income ceiling. Can only buy condo.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Knn, the fucking north red line is down again. Which idiot jump track again!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Next spin : Taxi driver 7k + taxi driver wife pay = exceed hdb income ceiling. Can only buy condo.

One of the residents in my condo is a cabby......best of all the cab is usually parked in the carpark most of the time.....
My friend's neighbour also drives a cab (landed property)......so maybe the $7K income thingy is no myth :rolleyes: