• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singnet Broadband

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i'm not sure if Singnet Broadband is trying to lose customers. if so, they are on the right track.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What happened? Wanna share it here?

intermittent periods of ultra low bandwidth over the past 2 weeks and frequent disconnections. i'm not the only one, my friends who are on Singnet Broadband have similar problems as well.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
intermittent periods of ultra low bandwidth over the past 2 weeks and frequent disconnections. i'm not the only one, my friends who are on Singnet Broadband have similar problems as well.

:smile: how come mine is all well and happy :smile:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jt4aj5.gif

It could be worse, u know? Not happy ah? Pay more lah! *hee*hee*hee*

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issue like this already happen many years if you have subscribe anything that is less than 8 or 10Mbps, you will experience "deliberate" intermittent lost signal.

I also suspect, this must be deliberately-indirectly to make you to upgrade your existing plan tactics.

When you make a call to their support, you MUST wait approximately 20mins (if lucky) or even longer (if suay) and with voice auto attendant advise you to drop email on the problem you have, this is stupid when you dont even have the internet connection.

Waiting time really pain in the ass.

Reason given by Singtel Customer support, your Microfilter need to change etc...etc...

Once solved, either few days later or 1 week after, same issue occur again.

I've given up with singtel and switch to Starhub until then. No issue with starhub except their maintenance schedule distruption only.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are coming up with higher bandwidth package !

Another opportunity for them to sell you a premium package at a premium price !

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surf at higher speed

Fri, Mar 27, 2009
The Straits Times

By Chua Hian Hou

NET users on the move can now surf the Internet at speeds of up to 21Mbps on their notebook computers, three times faster than previously possible. Singapore's second largest telecommunications company, StarHub, on Friday said that it had completed an upgrade to its mobile broadband network to support download speeds of up to 21Mbps, a speed comparable to a high-end fixed broadband connections.

Users need to plug in a special wireless modem into their computer's USB connection to get connected to this network.

Due to limited equipment availability, StarHub is offering a free trial of the service to 100 users. Interested users can sign up at its website.

roswell43

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few issues you might want to check. l use to have similar issues as well, line dropping, slow speed etc and singtel have to get a techician to check from the local exchange to my flat.

Some potiential problem

1. The telephone line condition. Is your telephone line very old or did you check if there is any oxidisation on your line, i.e. those green color dirt on your copper joint. High humidity is the cause and u might need to clean it frequently, else signal strength will weak and there will be a lot of noise.

2. U are using a 2 line or 4 line connection?

3. Are u using any splitter or joint? more splitter/joint means more signal lost.

After l know the problem and do the necessary regular maintenace, don't really have serious problem until now.

Of course if the issue is at the local exchange, than is beyond your control and Singtel need to do something.

Good luckl.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few issues you might want to check. l use to have similar issues as well, line dropping, slow speed etc and singtel have to get a techician to check from the local exchange to my flat.

Some potiential problem

1. The telephone line condition. Is your telephone line very old or did you check if there is any oxidisation on your line, i.e. those green color dirt on your copper joint. High humidity is the cause and u might need to clean it frequently, else signal strength will weak and there will be a lot of noise.

2. U are using a 2 line or 4 line connection?

3. Are u using any splitter or joint? more splitter/joint means more signal lost.

After l know the problem and do the necessary regular maintenace, don't really have serious problem until now.

Of course if the issue is at the local exchange, than is beyond your control and Singtel need to do something.

Good luckl.

This is actually a very good advice. Do not think that micro filters can last very long. If you have high data volume, or constant surfing for prolong hours, the filter will actually burn out and be rendered useless.

Like any electrical device, regular maintenance is required. :smile:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have the same problems...i have the fucking MIO box as the wireless modem, time to time you can see the Internet light goes off and I am disconnected. You have to wait for about 1 min for the light to come on meaning you are connected.

And if you are surfing the net, you have to close your browser to start again. I am so pissed. Heng my contract ending, and I am going to starhub liao...

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal

I share the same problem as described in my office.

However, my home pc starhub broadband is working fine.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the technician was installing for you,you should insist on 4 wires,that will split the phone and the boardband.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Good luck.

bro,

danke for the good advice.

if i'm the only person experiencing this, i can suspect that the fault lies with me, if a number of my friends are experiencing the same set of problems over similar periods over the last 2 weeks. i have my doubts that the fault is on me.

nonetheless, i'll check the microfilters and the line.