• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans Not The Opposition Parties

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know when I mentioned SDP team in Parliament, I was refering to their term as MPs.

What's wrong with their term in Parliament? Constituents like them, vote them in. Constituents don't like them, vote them out. There's a word for that...wait, let me think...it starts with D...let me buy some vowels and spin the wheel a few rounds...oh...I'd like to solve, the word's Democracy.

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You will end up with deformed MPs if you don't pay attention to quality but only quantity.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS also talk cock. He claim we need quality opposition, not just numbers. Just look at who he sent out to MP GRC during the last election
asalim1.jpg

Last edited:

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Windsor,

I am someone who dislike monopoly, be it business, economy, politics or otherwise.

It would not be responsible to just say that we just need opposition in parliament. What kinds of opposition do we need? Isit just good enough to put a few dummies sitting in parliament and label these as "opposition"? This is obviously better than putting cheats and scumbags in parliament, right?

I think as Singapore progress, expectations changed. Performance is a very important key factor in the selection process and we should not compromise on that.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, I am not surprise to say the least at your response. It seems you have a simplistic and blinkered ideas on what you think is ideal and right for Singapore. What performance are you seeking from new and untried opposition members for selection? Please be very clear and concise and not lay down your half-thought out ideas for us to digest.

The keyword is PERFORMANCE. So put your cards on the table and let us review what you mean by it. Some questions about your past, were you subjected to having your past performance appraised before being selected? So, was the selection process by NSP successful? Were you also selected by the voters and were you successful? Let's go one step further. Let us say you were selected. Do you consider yourself being better than the current Opposition MPs? Were the voters wrong in selecting you because they did not take into account your PERFORMANCE during the selection process?

In a nutshell, what you are saying is very incoherent and does not make sense.

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not have anyone in mind, just an illustration to Windsor to show that it is unreasonable to just put anyone in parliament as long as they are not PAP. Do you have someone in mind?

Goh Meng Seng

It is not unreasonable as you put it because if you and your team had won Marine Parade, we voters would have put anyone other than the PAP into parliament. Who are those people in your NSP team? Are you sure they are not scumbags or whatever you called it? How are we to know for sure these are 100% guaranteed truly outstanding and upright people?

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
With due respect there is a flaw in the argument - Singaporeans cannot effectively decide how many parties will contest the election, which parties are contesting and who are the candidates.

My opinion in this thread is that we who are for putting more oppositions into parliament this BE and GE2016 should start making inroads to garner support for the oppositions. We can be divided along party lines, but should not be overly critical of other parties as there is nothing to be gain from it. The bickering happening here fostered by a few is not going to help the cause. I don't want to labour the point but if anyone can tell me why supporters of different parties are badmouthing one another here it might give me a better insight. Should it not be the PAP vs the oppositions?

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will end up with deformed MPs if you don't pay attention to quality but only quantity.

Goh Meng Seng

People who stays in glass houses should not throw stones, the saying goes. You were the ardent supporter of Fatso 5% for the PE2011. That is your idea of quality which 90% of the voters disagreed. Are you always right GMS or are we all wrong?

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's wrong with their term in Parliament? Constituents like them, vote them in. Constituents don't like them, vote them out. There's a word for that...wait, let me think...it starts with D...let me buy some vowels and spin the wheel a few rounds...oh...I'd like to solve, the word's Democracy.

Trying to decept from the real argument and going into terms defining, what a show off.

Succinctly you. :eek:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I will put it simply. Performance includes quite a wide indicators. Before anyone gets into parliament, we could give them the benefits of doubts. However, once in parliament, it is just not right for people to protect them from their shortcomings giving all sorts of excuses, including, they are newbies.

You may think NSP MP GRC team is weak but it may not be the case. As I have said, you don't need to be scholars to be good MPs. However, we definitely cannot tolerate people with integrity problems because that's the basic requirement of public service.

This is why I say, no cheats and scumbags in parliament please, not from both PAP or opposition. Your idea of getting as many people into parliament as possible to keep PAP people down is unwise. You will end up with situations like Taiwan, where cheats and scumbags just sneak into the political system and create havoc.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, I am not surprise to say the least at your response. It seems you have a simplistic and blinkered ideas on what you think is ideal and right for Singapore. What performance are you seeking from new and untried opposition members for selection? Please be very clear and concise and not lay down your half-thought out ideas for us to digest.

The keyword is PERFORMANCE. So put your cards on the table and let us review what you mean by it. Some questions about your past, were you subjected to having your past performance appraised before being selected? So, was the selection process by NSP successful? Were you also selected by the voters and were you successful? Let's go one step further. Let us say you were selected. Do you consider yourself being better than the current Opposition MPs? Were the voters wrong in selecting you because they did not take into account your PERFORMANCE during the selection process?

In a nutshell, what you are saying is very incoherent and does not make sense.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Blatta orientalis is your taxonomic nomenclature,
A nocturnal neopteran, and a scavenger by nature;
Your large compound eyes and flexible antennae
Sharpen your senses and make you an evolutionary winner.

An interesting adaptation is your flattened, segmented abdomen
Which allows you to squeeze into any tube or narrow cavern
Your mouthpart which includes a well-constructed mandible
Allows you to ingest any organic matter, whether plant or animal.

Your tough wings are essential for your aeronautic talents;
Your sturdy legs with five claws each manintain your sense of balance.
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
Your creepy crawly legs and wings scare any female human.

Your rudimentary behavior and your lowly stature
Belies your resistance to radiation and your hardy nature.
And though it is your habit to scurry without rest,
Your incessant attacks on WP make you a forum pest.

Last edited:

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will put it simply. Performance includes quite a wide indicators. Before anyone gets into parliament, we could give them the benefits of doubts. However, once in parliament, it is just not right for people to protect them from their shortcomings giving all sorts of excuses, including, they are newbies.

You may think NSP MP GRC team is weak but it may not be the case. As I have said, you don't need to be scholars to be good MPs. However, we definitely cannot tolerate people with integrity problems because that's the basic requirement of public service.

This is why I say, no cheats and scumbags in parliament please, not from both PAP or opposition. Your idea of getting as many people into parliament as possible to keep PAP people down is unwise. You will end up with situations like Taiwan, where cheats and scumbags just sneak into the political system and create havoc.

Goh Meng Seng

I put across to you that we want more opposition MP's. You are not on the same wavelengths as you are talking about MPs already in Parliament. I said again, your mindset is blinkered and you cannot listen to what others are talking saying. Read my lips, we are talking about putting new MPs and we do not know how good they are YET!!!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I put across to you that we want more opposition MP's. You are not on the same wavelengths as you are talking about MPs already in Parliament. I said again, your mindset is blinkered and you cannot listen to what others are talking saying. Read my lips, we are talking about putting new MPs and we do not know how good they are YET!!!

What is the point of having more opposition MPs in parliament when all the current ones have shown themselves to be absolutely disappointing?