• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans Love For Weird Names - Is It Lack of Self-Esteem

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
List all the funny names especially from PRC or HK here:
Singer called himself "Crowd" ??? what Crowded?
SKY Wu?
Chemical Wu?
Listerine Wu?
Virginia sounds very obscene if u called wrongly!
Pen Is Wu?
Sulphuric Wu?
Rain WU? might as well called himself Raining!
Acid Wu?

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. talking about prcs.
3. no eye see man.
4. i handle a bunch of them on a daily basis, here as well as in chineyland physically.
5. i have come across things like "purple li, napoleon chen, rainbow xu etc".
6. honest, such prc specimens just cannot carry such names.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. talking about prcs.
3. no eye see man.
4. i handle a bunch of them on a daily basis, here as well as in chineyland physically.
5. i have come across things like "purple li, napoleon chen, rainbow xu etc".
6. honest, such prc specimens just cannot carry such names.

hi there

1. bro. came across any PRC name with Cheebye Chao? :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro. came across any PRC name with Cheebye Chao? :biggrin:

hi there

1. bro, honest i am clueless on local dialects except of course canto.
2. alright! i shall be on the lookout for the cbc thing for you!
3. hahaha!
4. btw, in the chineyland subsidiary co, there is one chio mei mei named herself "mango"
5. honest, she should call "papaya" she is built big up there!

jw5

Loyal
I think HK people are more imaginative, their name quite funny, I have friends called Sinbeo, Atom and Bosco

I know a HK hairdresser who calls herself Hymen.
Think her chinese name may be Hei Mun.
She is quite the chiobu. :biggrin:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once knew a business associate by the name of Virgina. I couldnt help pronouncing it as vagina.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sidetrack abit.....there are people who gave themselves names they dun even know the meaning behind them.......as long as they sound nice or related to some celebrity.....

I know some roberts and richards who got no inkling that Bob and Dick are the short forms of their names

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I know some roberts and richards who got no inkling that Bob and Dick are the short forms of their names
huh?! ...

so, ah tong noe his befitting engrand name is woodrow anot? ...

n ah u noe his actual engrand name is harold or harrison anot? ...

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if im not wrong, gt 1 sinkie celeb couple named her son with 2 surnames.
i tink they dunno beckham is the surname of an ang mo.

Ramseth (Inf)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you all worry about other people's names? I have same non-Chinese name in my official name for reasons. I thinks so do others. It's my name, my reason, and others' names, others' reasons. I can't improve your life by changing and restricting it back to pure Chinese. There's no even such thing anymore. Names must be Romanized. Writing Mao Zedong or Deng Xiapong is not Chinese and not the same as writing 毛泽东 or 邓小平。

alamak. no one say it is refering to you (i), but you (i) chose to self-pawned:(

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
sidetrack abit.....there are people who gave themselves names they dun even know the meaning behind them.......as long as they sound nice or related to some celebrity.....

I know some roberts and richards who got no inkling that Bob and Dick are the short forms of their names

E.g. Lisa and Betty are both short forms for Elizabeth, Tony for Anthony, Chuck for Charles, Tom for Thomas.