• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean PMET just migrated to Brisbane and never look back

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose this is why the government is spending millions of dollars on Singapore Days overseas.. to keep these fleeing rats from returning. :rolleyes:

show us statistics on singaporean migration patterns, both emi and imi over the past 20 years.

it is ok to encourage SGPs to work overseas as expats and to come back. but the message being propagated HERE is leave and don't come back.

this is all that has been mentioned: CNA -
Around 900 Singapore born citizens and 300 naturalised citizens give up their citizenship yearly, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean.
Speaking in Parliament on Tuesday, Teo said that renunciation rates for both citizens born in Singapore and foreigners who take up citizenship were "low" at 0.1 per cent or less, reported Channel NewsAsia (CNA)
According to CNA, the given renunciation rates were for the years between 2007 and 2011.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what our forefathers did

our forefathers were economic REFUGEES from china.

after 50 years of success, you're telling me we're now producing economic refugees from Singapore?

go look in the mirror, have you lost your wits? too much alcohol and TV dulling your senses?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
it really depends on who's posting: bryan, lim, BL, BL1972, bryan'72, lim1972 etc.

i'm more surprised by ur marriage to the porky pig :*:

Me me surprised too about porky never know I'm popular with pigs kekekeke

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Open your eyes. The economic refugees are running in the opposite direction. The Facebook founder run to Singapore. What is wrong with Singaporeans running to Kangarooland?

our forefathers were economic REFUGEES from china.

after 50 years of success, you're telling me we're now producing economic refugees from Singapore?

go look in the mirror, have you lost your wits? too much alcohol and TV dulling your senses?

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Open your eyes. The economic refugees are running in the opposite direction. The Facebook founder run to Singapore. What is wrong with Singaporeans running to Kangarooland?

friend, that's the point. Singapore is soooo good now that we have no space left for singaporeans? that's a really sad state of affairs. that 50 years of stewardship has led us to the conclusion that foreigners are better for singapore than singaporeans.

americans who give up their citizenship will show no loyalty to singapore. the are viewed very poorly by their ex-countrymen and despised as tax dodgers.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get real, friend. In the globalised world, those who can will make it anywhere and will move seamlessly from Singapore to Sydney to New York to Shanghai. Those who can't will try and fail in all of these cities even when they try Brisbane or Ipoh or Chengdu or Milwakee.

friend, that's the point. Singapore is soooo good now that we have no space left for singaporeans? that's a really sad state of affairs. that 50 years of stewardship has led us to the conclusion that foreigners are better for singapore than singaporeans.

americans who give up their citizenship will show no loyalty to singapore. the are viewed very poorly by their ex-countrymen and despised as tax dodgers.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get real, friend. In the globalised world, those who can will make it anywhere and will move seamlessly from Singapore to Sydney to New York to Shanghai. Those who can't will try and fail in all of these cities even when they try Brisbane or Ipoh or Chengdu or Milwakee.

yes it is good to welcome successful people to singapore, and we are competing with other capital cities.

the natives of these cities get displaced too, but they have the option of moving to other 2nd/3rd tier townships etc.

where does that leave the unsuccessful singaporean?

its no wonder that its so difficult to encourage entrepreneurship in singapore. it takes thousands of failed ideas to generate the next big one. if we don't give a reasonable safety net to singaporeans who try, but fail, then all but the most fool hardy would even bother to try.

i certainly wouldnt give up a 60k/yr job to risk everything for the next big thing, if it means giving up all the comforts and security i have attained for my family.

you keep talking about success, without dealing with the failures.