• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SINGAPORE: Off-peak car owners can buy electronic day (e-day) licences online from Mo

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Off-peak car owners can buy electronic day (e-day) licences online from Monday, which can be used starting November 23.

Currently, paper licences have to be bought and displayed before an off-peak vehicle can be used outside off-peak hours.

More than 1,000 car owners were fined for driving off-peak cars without a valid off-peak licence between January to October this year.

But on November 23, the e-day licences will replace the paper licences, and drivers can buy the e-day licences after using their cars during peak hours as long as they do so before midnight the next day.
Off-peak car owners are looking forward to greater convenience with the new system.

"There was one particular incident when I wanted to use the car early in the morning, but just realised I had run out of coupons," said Chen Zhi Chun, an off-peak car owner. "I made my way to a 7-11 (store), thinking they might sell it, but they did not and I had to wait until eight o'clock when the post office opened."

The new licences can be bought online anytime between 6am and midnight daily through the one.motoring portal, AXS stations located island-wide and mobile-SMS services via MobileP@y.

To ease the transition to the new licence system, letters and guidebooks on the new system were mailed to all current off-peak car owners in September.

Unused paper day licences can be returned between October 26 this year and May 31 next year for a refund, or for conversion to e-day licences.

- CNA/yb

use OPC car 1st, buy licence before the end of next day??:confused:

what a stupid idea.. now OPC owners can use car during peak hours FOC.. use already if kena caught, then buy e-licence lah.. if no kena caught then act blurr liao..

whoever that comes out with this idea is really an idiot..:oIo:

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SINGAPORE: Off-peak car owners can buy electronic day (e-day) licences online fro

regarding the getting caught thing.. i think it works this way. as in the letter or warning does not come on the spot. instead, it has a 2-3 days delay.

ie: subject A drives on Monday. didn't get the E-day licence by Tuesday. Then the letter goes out on Wednesday. that say, the subject has no case. they would have more than 24hrs to get the e-day via online or sms.

currently, the TP has to go close to the car OR even stop the car in order to check if the subject has tear the coupon correctly. it's not only dangerous, but also disruptive to traffic n both the officer/subject.

future, any of the TP would just take down the number/picture of the OPC on the road. submit the number to a central database. from there, the software will tally if the e-day is purchased. on one hand, it's safer, more convenient and less disruptive. on the other, it's less prone to abuse and less "siam"able.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SINGAPORE: Off-peak car owners can buy electronic day (e-day) licences online fro

so this system depends on TP or CISCO to check and record the OPC spotted and submit the list to HQ..:cool:

any system that depends on TP and CISCO will fail. otherwise u wouldn't be spotting so many vans (kangoo especially), lorries, mini-buses driving on the extreme right lanes of expressways everyday, everyhour..:biggrin:

very soon they will need to tweak this new system.. too many loopholes.. open to abuse easily..

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal

the image of the plate does not necessarily have to come from a manual source, ie: the TP or Cisco/Aetos guys.

it could have been automatically fed thru the various video feed that's planted thru out the island. all that's need is to process the video and extract the data. (just think automated parking barrier that use license plate to allow entry)

as for the commercial vehicle on the extreme right lanes, i personally dun have too many encounters. they usually do try to keep to the 3rd OR 2nd lane (if the traffic is heavy). even during peak timing, it's quite seldom that i see any of them on the extreme right lane. in any case, the average speed on the "express"way during those time is less than their 70kph limit as set by LTA.

i personally have no issue with the LGV traveling on the right lane. especially those euro vans. in many other developed places. these vans go as fast as any private vehicle.

the issue about safety, as in their brakes are not as good or that they are heavier does not hold. only issue is because they are labeled commercial vehicle here and stuck with the 70kph label.