• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is world's Most EmotionLESS Country

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who say Sinkies are emotionless??

limsweesay-cry-300x190.jpg

peoples-action-party-chairman-lim-boon-heng-crying-while-telling-his-tale-of-how-ministers-have-thankless-jobs.jpg

20070315_Lee_Kuan_Yew_Press_Conference%2C_9_August_1965.jpg

4423279367_8d3e4bc586_o.jpg

Bro, all their emotional tears were all about money not about fellow human beings or their fellow countrymen.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it really emotionless, or more "bochap" indifference?

I remember once, I was overseas with a group of Singaporeans, one guy came over with a pledge card and said he was going to shave his head for some cause.
We said to him, "So?"
This guy looked at us, and said something to the effect, "You must be from Singapore. You are all like that."

That goes to show that Singaporeans are famous for their emotionally detached bochap-ness. This was about 20 years ago.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck the report...
When LKY dies let us show them and the whole world our emotions.....will rival that of North Koreans mourning for the departed great and dear leaders

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. The PAP has never brainwashed. They have threatened and coerced but the choice to live ones life according to a different set of values has always been available.

tell that to the kampung mats who were forced to evict for hdb flats

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Philippines is the most emotional society -US poll

By Camille Diola (philstar.com) | Updated November 21, 2012 - 3:54pm

manilasmilingfaces.jpg

Young people riding an open-air jeepney in Manila. (Richard Messenger)

MANILA, Philippines - Filipinos are the most likely to report emotions including anger, pain, tiredness, laughter, enjoyment and stress, a United States-based polling body reported on Tuesday.

With 60 percent of respondents answering "Yes" to straightforward questions such as "Did you feel well-rested yesterday?" "Did you smile or laugh a lot yesterday?" "Did you experience anger yesterday?", Filpinos have been found to be the "most emotional society" around the globe by research agency Gallup.

The Philippines is also the only Southeast Asian country among the 15 most emotional nations in the world, with South American country El Salvador at a close second with 57 percent positive responses to the survey and Bahrain in the Middle East with 56 percent.

The numbest society, on the other hand, is Singapore with only 36 percent admitting to experiencing the emotions enumerated in the survey.

Gallup partner Jon Clifton said in a statement that Singaporeans, who are among the wealthiest in the world, are not laughing as much as the rest of the world.

"If you measure Singapore by the traditional indicators, they look like one of the best-run countries in the world. But if you look at everything that makes life worth living, they’re not doing so well," Clifton said.

The second most emotionless societies, according to the survey, are a tie between European states Georgia and Lithuania, with 37 percent of respondents admitting to feelings.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
emotionless? i agree. look at those old people collecting metal can,newspapers, cardboard to sell. old people collecting utensils in hawker centres and food courts. gov can keep quiet and do nothing. old people staying at one room flat still got to pay utilities and town councils then they can use the hard earn money to buy food??? wow!!! this is our gov!!! so emotionless!
上梁不正,下梁歪。

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. The PAP has never brainwashed. They have threatened and coerced but the choice to live ones life according to a different set of values has always been available.

wow, we should all just tell our enlistment officer: i have the choice not to go tekong. samantha told me so.

DroppingHeehaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Showing emotion is taboo for those who want to stay at the top and differentiate themselves from the 'weak ones'. It suggests a lack of self-esteem and fortitude. Observe this in your workplace or anywhere else in a social setting: who lasts longer - someone (of an erratic behavior) who drains everyone's energy with his/ her sporadic emotional outburst and brings personal issues to work, or the one runs a tight ship, no nonsense, gets things going and still parties from dusk till dawn?

Which of these two looks more "promising" as colleague, employee/ employer or friend?

You already knew.

The stigma of things. The perks. The society as a whole.