• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Bonds

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Interesting Bond issues

brother, I told u I have been buying the J counter below 5 cents. My info was correct; last night they announced that they were no longer losing money and slightly profitable in last quarter. But then the counter never moved wor. hahaha, so i am not always so lucky. i wasted 1 whole month ambushing the right counter but never rally.

Run. If u had bought below 5c u can sell above now, didn't lose.
I didn't buy, I follow everything u said.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Run. If u had bought below 5c u can sell above now, didn't lose.
I didn't buy, I follow everything u said.

ya lor, luckily u never follow me. hahaha I think it is really better to save money for property.

Yes, nearly all my positions were done at 4.9 and 5. So consider it barely moved after the news. I thought would hit 6. now I just LL hold and keep first.

Have a good weekend bro.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

This month, good local corporate bonds lower by $0.40 to $0.80

according to this article, riskier high-yield bonds dropped $1.5 to $3

http://www.ifrasia.com/risky-bonds-to-weather-us-storm/21159994.article
Asian high-yield bonds are rebounding as regional investors seize a buying opportunity following weeks of outflows from US junk bond funds.

Cash prices on low-rated Asian bonds slipped as much as 1.5 to 3 points over the last two weeks as worsening geopolitical tensions prompted US investors to pull money out of high-yield funds at a record pace.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ya lor, luckily u never follow me. hahaha I think it is really better to save money for property.

Yes, nearly all my positions were done at 4.9 and 5. So consider it barely moved after the news. I thought would hit 6. now I just LL hold and keep first.

Have a good weekend bro.

U have a good weekend too.
Goodpack acquired now I think. Didn't read but price close to 2.5.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Earlier we discussed that it is ok to consider perpetual bonds or preference shares from our local banks and top bestest local blue-chip companies. Eg. the local banks just issued the perpetual bonds to meet BASEL-III Accord which requires them to have more "capital" to do bigger business. IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE MONEY. Preference shares are considered "tier-1 capital" in this aspect because it will avoid diluting ordinary shareholder's voting rights.

Now chinese banks doing the same..............

BASEL-III for Top 5 Chinese Banks
http://www.ecns.cn/business/2014/08-15/129823.shtml

Note: Step-call penalty and first-call dates are important. We need the local companies to have these clauses as a form of assurance. However, to qualify for tier-1 capital for banks, such clauses would likely to be excluded in new issues (please don't worry about that as long as we are talking about our 3 local banks).

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Runifyouhaveto said:
If you can wait, here are some potential good issuers:
- Maybe Singtel needs to raise $$$ if they buy Shin Corp from Temasek (Maybe maybe maybe)
- Temasek said they will issue bonds to retail investors soon
- OCBC should be raising more money soon because they bought Winghang Bank
- MAS approved local banks to issue covered bonds in future (relatively safe)
.............if you can wait, wait a while, resale is expensive now but rich people are still buying because they use bond-financing = borrow money to invest in bonds, so their cash cannot sit idle.

Warning: Buy only ultra-good bonds from deep-blue issuers. Offloading before maturity can give u a little unexpected capital gains (like now) or capital loss, even if they are top-notch issuers (see Apple example)

ok, i am wrong. Didn't expect OCBC to issue rights at this time.

Latest: OCBC to raise S$3.37 billion to boost capital after Wing Hang deal
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/08/18/ocbc-stocks-idINL4N0QN0YB20140818

The capital raising comes after investors were concerned that the Wing Hang deal would significantly reduce OCBC's Tier 1 capital. HSBC analysts had estimated the Tier 1 capital would have fallen to 11.2 percent from 14.7 percent.

Rights don't need to commit to specific interests payout
I guess OCBC don't want to pay too much interests for issuing more preference shares.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok, i am wrong. Didn't expect OCBC to issue rights at this time.

Latest: OCBC to raise S$3.37 billion to boost capital after Wing Hang deal
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/08/18/ocbc-stocks-idINL4N0QN0YB20140818

The capital raising comes after investors were concerned that the Wing Hang deal would significantly reduce OCBC's Tier 1 capital. HSBC analysts had estimated the Tier 1 capital would have fallen to 11.2 percent from 14.7 percent.

Rights don't need to commit to specific interests payout
I guess OCBC don't want to pay too much interests for issuing more preference shares.

good or bad? i have some ocbc share, should i apply?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

good or bad? i have some ocbc share, should i apply?

Apply or Don't Apply are both similiar in nature because market priced-in the news. But you must do the right procedures for either decisions

1. Don't Apply
You better offload now because OCBC didn't really drop today because of this news. There is a short period of trading of rights for those investors who have no $$$ to pay for the rights; CBC shares are not cheap so there will be some retail investors choosing to sell their rights. All things equal, you might want to consider selling all your OCBC shares now to spare yourself the agony of rushing to offload your rights if you cannot afford to exercise these rights.

2. Apply
If you wanna apply, then please also apply for excess rights because rights are priced below current prices so if you got any excess rights, it will be additional bonus (usually just 1 lot or nil for super blue-chip companies like OCBC)

The above suggestions did not take into consideration of the macro market movements.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Apply or Don't Apply are both similiar in nature because market priced-in the news. But you must do the right procedures for either decisions

1. Don't Apply
You better offload now because OCBC didn't really drop today because of this news. There is a short period of trading of rights for those investors who have no $$$ to pay for the rights; CBC shares are not cheap so there will be some retail investors choosing to sell their rights. All things equal, you might want to consider selling all your OCBC shares now to spare yourself the agony of rushing to offload your rights if you cannot afford to exercise these rights.

2. Apply
If you wanna apply, then please also apply for excess rights because rights are priced below current prices so if you got any excess rights, it will be additional bonus (usually just 1 lot or nil for super blue-chip companies like OCBC)

The above suggestions did not take into consideration of the macro market movements.

i only have 5 lot, so buy more then can apply for the right?
or sell?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

i only have 5 lot, so buy more then can apply for the right?
or sell?

The rights is 1 for every 8 shares that u have.

You have 5. This is called odd-lots. As mentioned, there is usually a short period for rights tradings, and OCBC is likely to have an odd-lot rights-counter for you to buy/sell your odd-lots during that period. You can choose to offload or top-up until a full lot size for conversion to ordinary shares.

In penny stocks, some companies allow those with odd lots to get free top-up, giving these micro shareholders small gains, eg. a few dollars more of free-rights to get 1 full lot. This is not likely to happy for OCBC because it's nominal share price is 500-1000x larger than penny stocks.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

The rights is 1 for every 8 shares that u have.

You have 5. This is called odd-lots. As mentioned, there is usually a short period for rights tradings, and OCBC is likely to have an odd-lot rights-counter for you to buy/sell your odd-lots during that period. You can choose to offload or top-up until a full lot size for conversion to ordinary shares.

In penny stocks, some companies allow those with odd lots to get free top-up, giving these micro shareholders small gains, eg. a few dollars more of free-rights to get 1 full lot. This is not likely to happy for OCBC because it's nominal share price is 500-1000x larger than penny stocks.

thanks you. can not give you point.
do not know why, stupid system.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro run, US treasury market is 24 hours or only move at their market hours. i see the bond yield move up and down even off hours, how to explain? thanks...

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro run, US treasury market is 24 hours or only move at their market hours. i see the bond yield move up and down even off hours, how to explain? thanks...

Page 44 bro http://www.cboe.com/learncenter/pdf/iro.pdf
Trading hours: 7:20 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. US time

15 years ago, RUN spent hundreds of dollar to buy the above printed brochures for all the commodities and futures products that CBOT offered (like above).
5 years ago, RUN gave his good friend, they should be collectors' items by now.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thanks but why do they move during asian time?

Page 44 bro http://www.cboe.com/learncenter/pdf/iro.pdf
Trading hours: 7:20 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. US time

15 years ago, RUN spent hundreds of dollar to buy the above printed brochures for all the commodities and futures products that CBOT offered (like above).
5 years ago, RUN gave his good friend, they should be collectors' items by now.