• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simple Solution to Singapore Traffic Congestion - The Ripple Effect

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only own a "auto" for less than 30days so not sure how to engine brake with it. but i do notice that as long the foot was lift from the accelerator, the car lose momenterm very fast.

gone the day when manual can just step on the clutch when moving downslope.:biggrin:

i dunno abt germany, i do know finland beri difficult to pass from watching "Top Gear". Dunno did James May tok cock or not when he claim it take 3 years to get a licence in finland. Maybe that why so many F1 driver there despite having a smaller population than singapore.

You mean step on clutch , downshift a gear, then slowly release it? Some "auto" allows you to move a gear to 3/2 or to neutral without pressing the brake, try that if your "auto" allows you. Essentially, its another way to force an engine brake.

Again, depending on the terrain, speed and rpm you are going it would be doing it "automatically" for you.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i meant step on the clutch to let the gear into free wheeling as the car row down a slope with slowing or use any petrol.:biggrin: But i normally prefer to shift to 5th gear when rowing down a slope.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
i meant step on the clutch to let the gear into free wheeling as the car row down a slope with slowing or use any petrol.:biggrin: But i normally prefer to shift to 5th gear when rowing down a slope.

You try, step on clutch, change gear down, then release and press accelerator pedal same time while cornering. On a RWD :wink:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now the VW auto transmission leh so how to try what u propose. I dont dare to try on the company van, scare it will flip.:biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody here who drives auto know that you can just push the gear strick to N without pressing the release knob?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody here who drives auto know that you can just push the gear strick to N without pressing the release knob?

Yes, but depending on model and make, some requires you to press the brake before allowing you to go back to D.